HOSTING PROBLEMS!

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
LT YORK UK
Private

HOSTING PROBLEMS!

Unread post by LT YORK UK » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:10 pm

What is happening to our HD2 SS ??? i like many people could host a game at will but now a lot of people seem to be having problems in doing so! is this problem connected to routers? as i never had a problem with my old usb modem.
My router is all set up with the various ports opened up for online gaming including the directx8 ports like 6073 and 2300 as well as the hd2 11001-11004 ports....still no luck! although in another topic the ports 11011 and 11012 are mentioned. my server shows up but i cannot connect to it using my other pc.
more and more people have these problems and less and less servers are running as the result. Is this the beginning of the end for HD2 SS??? or are IS going to step in and save the day?

Ivegottheskill
Private

HOSTING PROBLEMS!

Unread post by Ivegottheskill » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:53 pm

I'm also having the same problem. The HD2 readme says only UDP ports 11001-11003 need to be open:

http://england.take2games.com/support/H ... nced_Users

I've done that, but I dont think other people can access my server when I create it, and there is no way I can check whether it appears in the server list :(

LT YORK UK
Private

HOSTING PROBLEMS!

Unread post by LT YORK UK » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:11 pm

Not a problem to host anymore!!! :wink: opened the ports for the router and then enabled xp firewall and then opened the ports manually from within the exceptions tab and then the advanced tab! then i also opened them on my local area connection! infact all over the place!!! then managed to join my server from my 2nd pc!!! GET IN THERE! all is well once again!