Dark Monitor

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
Berry_Racer
Lieutenant

Dark Monitor

Unread post by Berry_Racer » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:44 am

Hi we have just picked up a cheap second hand pc for playing lan coop games, it has kinda funny system with really low end stuff and high end stuff it is
667 pentuim
geforce 5700 128mb
384 ram

THe thing is the monitor every thing runs really well, but as i said the monitor is really dark on some hidden and dangerous missions such as sicily 1 and breast, anyone no how to make it brigher instead of getting a new monitor :x

I have tried putting the in game gamma on full, using the nvidia graphics settings and putting it on full brightness full gamma and full contrast but it doesnt apply to the gaming engine

Any help would be appriecated :) before my friends continuly shoot me mistakenly :evil: or so they say :roll:

da fish
Sergeant

Dark Monitor

Unread post by da fish » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:26 pm

turn/minimise all light in the room you are in (except of course the moniter), it helps with the light given from the moniter.

you have to think like a soldier so take your time and spot movement or "human shapes".

slow is smooth, smooth is steady, and steady is fast!! or at least thats what they say in the extras to blackhawk down!!

new guy
Sergeant

Dark Monitor

Unread post by new guy » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:57 am

On my hihg(est) end computer with quite a dark monitor i use a handy little tool named PowerStrip when i play action games online. It lets you handle anything from gamma and brightness to update frequenzies and resolutions.

Oh, and take it easy, turning up some things can damage your monitor. Be careful and don't tuch the stuff you dont know what it is...

Berry_Racer
Lieutenant

Dark Monitor

Unread post by Berry_Racer » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:28 am

Thanks for your help ill try it out :)

Berry_Racer
Lieutenant

Dark Monitor

Unread post by Berry_Racer » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:53 am

[quote=""?NR? new guy""]On my hihg(est) end computer with quite a dark monitor i use a handy little tool named PowerStrip when i play action games online. It lets you handle anything from gamma and brightness to update frequenzies and resolutions.

Oh, and take it easy, turning up some things can damage your monitor. Be careful and don't tuch the stuff you dont know what it is...[/quote]

Thanks ?NR? new guy
it worked.... you saved me $200 in not having to get i new monitor :D

P.s No you cant have it :P