Can't exit map while spectating.

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
Carlos_Hathcock
Private

Can't exit map while spectating.

Unread post by Carlos_Hathcock » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:52 am

I have Sabre Squadron and I play Lan multiplayer with someone else in Evolve. We play cooperative missions, which we try to beat, even though we're not that very good.. Everything works fine and dandy, besides personal connection at times. However, when one of us spectates another (obviously once we die or run out of spawns), there is a very likely chance that the map will pop up and just not go away. It's annoying when you can't see all the action when your lone buddy is killing everyone like a hero.

Going to the menu through the esc key makes it disappear until you're out, but you know how that works. My initial thinking was that it had to do with activating the new respawn zones, since it seems to highlight the respawn zones, although you can't spawn. Now i'm not sure, since it happens even if you haven't activated a new respawn zone. Any help or ideas?

jacobston
Lieutenant

Re: Can't exit map while spectating.

Unread post by jacobston » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:14 pm

Hey Carlos, I've seen this before as well. I think the game still wants you to select a respawn point even though you cannot respawn, thus blocking you from hiding the map. Have you tried toggling the console on/off (should be the [~] key)? I find this usually makes the map disappear, at least for a while.

Hope this helps!

Carlos_Hathcock
Private

Re: Can't exit map while spectating.

Unread post by Carlos_Hathcock » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:25 pm

Thanks for the response. I will try to confirm this when we get back to this game soon enough.

edit: Works okayish. It's better than nothing, but having to press it like 5-10 seconds each time is still not great, along with the console screen blocking a bit of the game.