Prisoner Bugs

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
[1FJD] Olt Fudge
Private

Prisoner Bugs

Unread post by [1FJD] Olt Fudge » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:00 pm

Me and [B&B]Jackass decided to try and take some prisoners on Libya 2 but came across some rather odd bugs.
Look at the pictures:

Some of them actually ceased fire when they hadnt surrendered, we could them dress them up and they would still not surrender :? very odd...
"The knife is mightier then the gun... so get running" - [1FJD]
http://disko.co.uk/files/cars_6.wmv

Jackass
Lieutenant

Prisoner Bugs

Unread post by Jackass » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:09 pm

There are loads of bugs with this "Capturing the Germans"

Just use your creative side and see what it brings. :lol:

Nvidia GeForce FX 5950 Ultra - Intel Pentium 4 3.4

Proud member of Butcher & Bolt

[1FJD] Olt Fudge
Private

Prisoner Bugs

Unread post by [1FJD] Olt Fudge » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:02 pm

Got 5 Germans to surrender in one go, got this odd bug where when they were fighting, i could go into their inventory and take stuff out, once i took the guns out they would surrender :? Is 5 surrenders a new record? 8)
"The knife is mightier then the gun... so get running" - [1FJD]
http://disko.co.uk/files/cars_6.wmv

Jackass
Lieutenant

Prisoner Bugs

Unread post by Jackass » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:03 pm

I think it is! 8)
Nvidia GeForce FX 5950 Ultra - Intel Pentium 4 3.4

Proud member of Butcher & Bolt

sylas
Private

Prisoner Bugs

Unread post by sylas » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:28 pm

Give them to the "Gimp"....That'll make em surrender :twisted:

Oldih
Global Moderator

Prisoner Bugs

Unread post by Oldih » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:58 am

Funny, hehe.

Reminds me once that one guy was in MG42 emplacement when he surrendered , and it looked like that MG42 would have been carrying with him as he was tied up. I tried to take screenshot but just after I tied it up, game crashed with odd error :D
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

Sneaky_S_O_B
Private

Re: Prisoner Bugs

Unread post by Sneaky_S_O_B » Mon May 18, 2009 8:38 pm

I have not had any video issues like that.  I have had a few guys put their hands up but just as I was firing at them, like in the German Submarine on the Iceberg map.  I was gunning down the three guys stacked up and I sa the thrid guy put his hand up but I was in full on berzerker mode because you can die fast in the Sub if you aren't going full on Angel of Death mode.

I did get a few guys standing on the road that I captured in the previous map where you link up with the downed pilot.  Not sure how it all is supposed to work.  I capture them and they just stay kneeling with their hands behind their back.  A patrol walked right past them and did not liberate them.  You can also kill them and suffer no penalty for shooting a prisoner it seems.  They also don't follow you like you would think you would want a POW to do in enemy terrirtory.  I can imgagine that you didn't take too many POW's in enemy territory if you were a small commando outfit.  What in the heck are you going to do with them?  They'll just get you killed.  Better to just drop them where they stand I guess.  Still, it was funny to see the 6 man patrol walk right past two captured Germans without liberating them.

What would be good is to have some resistance types nearby that you can call on the radio to come and get your prisoners.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Tue May 19, 2009 1:25 pm

Yeah the developers didn't put too much thought into the whole prisoner thing. They should have allowed you to sneaky kill soldiers to get their uniforms rather than force them to surrender.

Hopefully 2k Czech will have a look at Death to Spies and see how they did a few things. It's a good mix of Commandos and H&D. The way the made you get uniforms and have different ranking soldiers was great but there was no surrendering enemies. If there is no real reason to put in surrendering soldiers I think they should leave it out next time - kind of makes the game seem a bit silly once you get over the novelty.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Sneaky_S_O_B
Private

Unread post by Sneaky_S_O_B » Tue May 19, 2009 11:25 pm

Well I'll be honest, I don't mind you not being able to use a uniform off a dead soldier.  Think about it, you are going to draw a lot of attention if you are walking around the base with a uniform that is riddled with holes and covered in blood.  So that's pretty realistic.

What is better is to have a situation where you can get uniforms to use when you need to but do it in a realistic way.  Like allow you to get to the barracks at night where you can pull some uniforms off the clothes line like in H&D 1.

Another way they could do it would be to keep track of where you shoot the person.  Make you kell multiple people to get uniform parts that aren't shot full of holes.  Then turn them over to a resistance fighter who has his wife clean them.  funny02  But that would require some serious coding.

I guess the best way is for there to be some unused uniforms in a tent or cottage or barracks that you can commandeer, or just have a resistancee fighter give you the articles.  Or have them available in the loadout screen.  Not unusual for an operative to be given a uniform ahead of time if he needs one to complete his mission.

For the captures, they could have just made an animation for the guy to call out to a patrol if it came near.  Then have an animation for them to untie him.  Then one for him to pick up an unused weapon and join the patrol.

But then it's not really a huge issue.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed May 20, 2009 10:31 pm

I guess they never plan on you waiting around to see how things go for the prisoner. I am usually gone before the guy realizes what has happened to him.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted: