Taking way to long to join server! HALP!

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
iHurtful
Private

Taking way to long to join server! HALP!

Unread post by iHurtful » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:49 pm

So, I do have an active server list with active players online. But whenever I try to join a server, there is this box on the screen with a green or blue background saying "Creating client - Connecting to Server". At first I thought it was normal but it stayed there for 30 minutes and still didn't launch me into the server angry01. I don't have the Sabre squadron expansion and my version of HD2 is 1.1.0. My specs are fine, so yeah, really need help.

Morpheus
Private

Re: Taking way to long to join server! HALP!

Unread post by Morpheus » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:22 pm

I don't know what your problem is exactly, but I would imagine if you haven't got the correct patched version of H&D you will not be able to play on their server game. First thing to do would be to patch your game to the 1.12 version, you can get it here http://www.hidden-and-dangerous.net/hd2 ... hp#patches and then wait for an answer from some one else who is more knowledgeable about these things. smile01

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:19 pm

Welcome to the forums guys,

You will definitely need to upgrade if you aren't on the last H&D2 patch.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:27 pm

Are you sure your version is 1.1.0? That would be HD2 with an unpatched SS installed. Here http://hidden-and-dangerous.net/files/h ... ch1_12.zip is the direct link to the patch you need if you do not have SS. Here http://hidden-and-dangerous.net/files/h ... ch1_12.zip is the patch you need if you do have SS.

While you do need a patched game to play on any current servers, it sounds like you are either having an issue with your firewall, or the server you are joining is not actually there because your list is outdated. It should not hang there. If it was the game version, it would just boot you to the main menu, as far as I recall. Where did you get the "active" server list?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

iHurtful
Private

Unread post by iHurtful » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Here's the server list: http://www.nomandown.com/hd2/servers/ I am going to try the download link for no SS, hope it works. Thank you all of you for helping me out! :grin:

iHurtful
Private

Unread post by iHurtful » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:19 pm

Now I have another problem, I have found a server I like and been playing it for a while now. But I have a new problem. When I try to join another server, it says "Creating Client... Connecting to server.... Not a valid version." Does this have something to do with not having Sabre squadron? I now have 1.12.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:33 am

Was that server a coop server? You can't play coop without SS.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

iHurtful
Private

Unread post by iHurtful » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:09 am

Crap... It was a Coop. angry01 Well, that solves my problem, this thread is officially solved! :grin:

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:13 pm

It is not solved 'til you have SS. Where are you located?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIDDEN-AND-DANG ... 1e7e4ff46b

Get SS, you don't really need it brand new, unless you are OCD like me. There are no keys or anything in the box, you just need to install the game from the disks then patch it with the SS 1.12 patch.

iHurtful
Private

Unread post by iHurtful » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:58 pm

San Diego CA here, I'll try to get SS but in the mean time I'm just going to play Death match and Occupation. Thanks.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:20 am

Did you play the campaign at all?

iHurtful
Private

Unread post by iHurtful » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:17 am

Of course, I'm at the level where you gotta get into the castle in a disguise and meet up with a lady.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:38 am

Well then you still need to finish that up... funny01

If you like it, then you are definitely missing out by not getting SS!

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:16 am

H&D2 SS has some of the best missions, going to be playing through it again at some stage with a friend. We will record it too grin01 it's been a while so... :shock: no idea how good I will be, probably really bad :lol: