Windows 7 64 bit problem

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
Mezeberelk
Private

Windows 7 64 bit problem

Unread post by Mezeberelk » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:29 pm

Hey folks, My H&D2 will not start when I open the game. First I have installed H&D2 without any problems and tried to open the game, when I did this a small window pops open: LS3D engine and after 2 sec it will disappear. So I added patch 1.12 for H&D2 (not the SS patch) and still the same problem. I uninstalled the game and installed it again but this time I also installed SS and tried to run it without patch 1.12 with no succes, I added 1.12 SS patch and still no succes.

I use windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, I have tried to run the game as administrator, compatible with XP sp 3, NO CD patches, I have tried all the resolution settings, full screen and window mode, checked my DirectX and my drivers and still I get LS3D engine. I have cleaned all my cd's and installed the games 3 times now, after each installation I restarted my computer and nothing works. Does anyne have any idea what I can do ??

Your sincerely
Mezeberelk

betteryouthanme
Lieutenant

Re: Windows 7 64 bit problem

Unread post by betteryouthanme » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:02 am

Hi,
now that's weird, i'm using Windows 7 Home 64-bit and with the administrator trick it's working well. Have you done it with both exe files? hd2.exe and HD2_SabreSquadron.exe
Rightclick, select properties, select compability tab and tick "run as administrator". No need for compability mode.

Where's your installation located?

PS: Always install Sabre Squadron Add-On otherwise you will miss the brilliant cooperative mode :mrgreen:

Mezeberelk
Private

Unread post by Mezeberelk » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:05 pm

Hey, yes I have tried both exe files to run as administrator and it wont help. it is located in program files, not the x86.
But I think I know what the problem is, it has something to do with my video card drivers. All the games I have installed have the same problem so Im not able to run any game. atm I have contacted microsoft and AMD because for some reason windows cannot detect my video card. Thanks for the reply :)

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:40 am

I, too, am running W7 64-bit Ultimate without any compatibility settings but my H&D2 and SS are installed in x86.

When you get your video card straightened out, try installing H&D2 into the x86 folder to see if that helps.