Save game problems

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
jeff1155
Private

Save game problems

Unread post by jeff1155 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Hi guys

First post, I think, first for ages anyway!

My H&D2 suddenly started refusing to load, giving a Virus message. I convinced myself it was a permissions problem and after copying the playername folder from the PlayerProfiles directory merrily uninstalled and reinstalled, and then copied the player folder back in.

Now I seem to have lost all my progress and can't get it back! Help!

Is that it, or is there anyway of retrieving my lost progress?

Failing that, can anyone supply a savegame that gets upto C5M1 - that's the one where I got stuck!

Thanks all.

Jeff

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Re: Save game problems

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:39 pm

Virus message?

Did you make sure you put your profile folder back in the PlayerProfiles folder?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

jeff1155
Private

Unread post by jeff1155 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:26 am

Yep, copying the user folder back into the PlayerProfile directory was the first thing I tried, but it didn't see the user or any savegames when I started the reinstalled H&D2, so iwas wondering if there are any other places that 'user' info is stored?

Thanks

Jeff

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:15 am

What kind of virus message?

No, that is the only place... did you click on change/create profile and then select the backup?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

jeff1155
Private

Unread post by jeff1155 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:49 pm

Hi there

Can't remember the message now - but after I reinstalled it made no difference, so I ditched AVG and used MSE instead then it worked fine!

I deleted the player profiles in game this time, recopied my old saved profile over, since there were none this time I had to select change profile and select my 'old one' - hey presto, they're back.... October 2011, that's how long that's had me stuck - thanks!

Jeff

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:52 am

Yeah, that is what happens... the game does not automatically recognize and select a profile unless it is the last used profile. If you delete your last used profile, the game will start like that, and be blank at the menu.