Grrr Stupid Half life 2, what have you done to my h&d2

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
Berry_Racer
Lieutenant

Unread post by Berry_Racer » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:23 am

Hi im just writing with a problem i have

See i have had H&D 2 for a long time now and have being waiting and waiting for SSs release here in new zealand, and have thankfully just secured my copy :)

But anyway my problem see is half life 2 well i think anyway, this is because they use the exact same .file name for there saved games, i think it is .sav or something but anyway now all my profile saves in h&d2 are valve symbols (halflife ones), and in the game i cant activate alot of my different profiles which are in different difficulties and also i have big problems in game the main one being no stupid doors open, i can still interact with every other thing normal but when i go up to a door, it brings up the usual menu but when i choose it just doesnt open, i have tried everything my squad dont even open them when ordered, very frustrating.

If anyone could help i would be very happy for hidden and dangerous is my favourite game, although i have thought of uninstalling halflife but see i only have a 56 kbs modem and updating and removing the stuff which you have to do when you reinstall is just to frustrating to consider.
thx for reading i hope that someone can help

p.s i have tried reinstalling h&d 2 to no avail...... :twisted: :evil: :!: :!:

new guy
Sergeant

Unread post by new guy » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:22 am

It does'nt matter what icon is on the file, that just marks the default program that opens the file. HD2 should still be able to open them.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:06 pm

Well when you installed SS, it combines with H&D2 as you know and it changes the saved game format... apparently so it could have something to do with it. Are you running version 1.11? or 1.12? you should update if you are on 1.11. I have no idea about your door-bug :shock:, some doors just don't open or have the option too... there are a few dud-doors in the first mission of SS.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Berry_Racer
Lieutenant

Unread post by Berry_Racer » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:24 pm

Yes i have 1.12
Thanks for your help i guess ill just wait until SS comes in the mail and hope it makes it work :wink:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:41 am

Hrmmm, I am not sure if using the 1.12 patch alone would have done anything bad or not. Were things running ok before you applied the 1.12 patch?

Berry_Racer
Lieutenant

Unread post by Berry_Racer » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:52 am

Yeah its only just started lately im not sure if it was after the .12 patch or not, but as soon as SS arrives hopefully it will work. I noticed that on one profile the first four missions in the snow campain were fine but after that it just didnt work, exept it is completely fine for multiplayer
But thanks for your help Jason ill post if i still have problems after i get SS

Berry_Racer
Lieutenant

Unread post by Berry_Racer » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:21 pm

Hey again :? im having some troubles getting Sabre Squadron see the site i ordered it from doesnt actully have it cause appraently it isnt going to be shipped to new zealand so i was wondering if any austrailians out there could point me in the direction of a relyable aussie shop which ships it to new zealand for a reasonable price. thanks in advance and sorry to waver off subject :roll:
p.s will the australian version of SS work with my nz version of H&D2 or is there just an english version?

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:34 am

Yeah mate it will work because we get the UK version any way and I am sure they are all the same copy any way. So no matter where you get it from it should work.

Have you tried EB Games? Do they have EB in NZ?

Berry_Racer
Lieutenant

Unread post by Berry_Racer » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:03 am

Thanks for the reply jason
You couldnt link me to the australian eb games website could you its just i searched and only found the us one. If not i would take any site selling SS in australian. Kinda funny really that i cant find one at all :twisted:
arrr googles not so helpful after all

Edited: Yay :o :o :D :D finally i got a copy of SS, i was pretty expensive though (55 aussie dollars) but hey i got it. See you on the SS maps guys
....well when it gets here :wink: