Video Problem

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
JohnNine
Private

Video Problem

Unread post by JohnNine » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:55 am

Hi,
I've got some horrible problems with video, you can see what i mean in the picture. Nomad - Guest, this is the mission where I faced this problem. Sorry if it's stupid question, because all i can do with the games is to only play them.
This shit happens when i switch to other soldier, open menu(ESC) or just go inside that oasis (the mission). All went perfect before this mission. I have tried to run the game on lowest video settings, but it's useless.
My computer details: ADM Athlon II Dual Core M340 2.20 GHz, Memory - 4 GB, Video - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5145
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2914/56076645.jpg
I guess, it's problem with my video card, but i think it's powerful enough for such old game

please help me to solve this problem!
Thanks in advance!

Duke0196
Captain

Re: Video Problem

Unread post by Duke0196 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:08 am

First off welcome to the forum.

Did you experience a crash? This could have corrupted something. Weird things also happen when graphics cards heat up.

- Have you tried playing any of your completed missions and notice if there were also any other graphics quirks?

Hopefully somebody else has an answer for you but :idea: you might consider saving your profile and re-installing the game as its always a small chance it didn't properly install.

Could you also let us know ...

- Your OS (XP, Vista, W7)
- H&D2 only or with SS expansion
- The version you are running.

GrumpyMushroom
Private

Unread post by GrumpyMushroom » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:14 pm

Welcome to the forums.

Looks like a driver issue :-?

Have you downloaded any drivers lately for the graphics card other than the set you you originally had when you had the Card/Laptop from new?
Or is this the first time you have installed the game and are having the problems with this ?
I have had a few problems in the past with ATI Catalyst drivers and HD 2 showing blocky graphics, black instead of colours etc.It was always the latest drivers i had the problems with so always stayed with the oldest that worked and it was fine.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:46 pm

GrumpyMushroom wrote:Looks like a driver issue :-?
Thanks Grumpy. I forgot to ask about the drivers since I too have had issues with "new" ATI drivers. Hopefully, your suggestion will fix his problem. thup01