SS C2M3 bug

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
geosouv
Lieutenant

SS C2M3 bug

Unread post by geosouv » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:30 pm

Hi,

I am playing C2M3: Operation Heat. Sitting Duck. on SS. I have finished the mission and all I need is to get to the extraction point in a vehicle. I have destroyed all German vehicles, including the tank and I am trying to finish the mission by getting to the extraction point with the flak truck I had from the beginning of the mission. Well, the problem is I get there and the mission just won't finish. Am I doing something wrong? I am playing the game on version 1.12.
Please guys answer ASAP cause I can't get through. I have also replayed the mission by leaving all enemy trucks intact. Same result. angry01
Don't think you know who you are, know who you are

Jason
Administrator

Re: SS C2M3 bug

Unread post by Jason » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:39 am

It's not a bug as such as far as I remember, this level has caused a few people some trouble. It can be caused by a random enemy running around somewhere in the dunes and/or your soldiers not being close enough to the extraction point. Use the squad commands to move into the closes formation. Just keep moving around the location of the extraction point to trigger it.

geosouv
Lieutenant

Unread post by geosouv » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:10 pm

Jason,

Is the extraction point at the red circle on the map or somewhere else? I tried everything, searched the level for enemies (and killed any left), moved the soldiers around. Nothing works. Am I supposed to be on foot or in a vehicle when I reach the extraction point? Are there any more missions in SS that have such serious bugs? I haven't encountered a similar bug in H&D 2. I can't classify it as anything else other than a bug. no_02

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:12 pm

geosouv wrote:Is the extraction point at the red circle on the map or somewhere else?
Yes, it the red circle down towards the lower right quadrant.
geosouv wrote: I tried everything, searched the level for enemies (and killed any left), moved the soldiers around. Nothing works.
Actually, unless you are doing carnage, I don't think you have to kill all the enemies.
geosouv wrote: Am I supposed to be on foot or in a vehicle when I reach the extraction point?
Either one.
geosouv wrote: Are there any more missions in SS that have such serious bugs? I haven't encountered a similar bug in H&D 2. I can't classify it as anything else other than a bug. no_02
Actually, I don't think its a bug as much as you haven't found the sweet spot to trigger mission completion. Try this if you still have problems finding it. Call your guys together and walk or ride to the extraction zone with the map up (travel as you normally would holding the "Map" hotkey). You can then see your progress as you make your way to the "red circle." Make adjustments accordingly.

Let us know if you still have problems. thup01

geosouv
Lieutenant

Unread post by geosouv » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:20 pm

@Duke
I have done what you said. The bug is very persistent. Any more suggestions? I am not playing it on carnage, just campaign mode.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:10 pm

geosouv wrote:@Duke
I have done what you said. The bug is very persistent. Any more suggestions? I am not playing it on carnage, just campaign mode.
George,

First off, my apologies to you. Apparently this is a "bug" that was brought up in 2005 & 2007. :oops: I guess very few people have experienced it and I admit it was the first time I have ever heard about it. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem anyone figured out what caused the problem.
viewtopic.php?t=304
viewtopic.php?t=774

Anyway, I just tried the mission in SP campaign and you can see by the screenshot that the trigger zone is actually quite large since my jeep has triggered the end of the mission a fair distance away. If you have run, or driven, your crew throughout the surrounding area; the only thing I can unfortunately recommend is try the mission again. :sad:

If the bug is a campaign breaker and you can't proceed; let me know what level you need (i.e., Normal, Hard, etc) and I can PM you a profile. I'll just make a copy of the level you need and re-do the Sitting Duck mission. I'll let it overwrite the progress so you can start Operation Husky and finish Sabre Squadron. thup01
Attachments
HD2SS_C2M3S_TCO_800x600.jpg
H&D2SS C2M3 Mission TCO
HD2SS_C2M3S_TCO_800x600.jpg (75.24 KiB) Viewed 10006 times

geosouv
Lieutenant

Unread post by geosouv » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:15 pm

Duke,

Your link for the specific topic in which other people have faced this problem gave me the solution. thup01 Actually, you have to kill the enemy who carries a flare gun, before he fires the flare. If you area able to do so, which is quite hard actually, the mission will end fine. Check my answer on the thread you gave me the link to. I will inform everybody that this is the problem. The game, although it has some improvements, like new guns, seems of lesser quality compared to H&D 2. Also, the mission we are talking about looks too similar to the mission in H&D 2 where you had to cross the desert. Not much of creativity in SS. Call of Duty: United Offensive was a much more creative expansion pack. Anyway, let me finish the rest of the missions...

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:44 pm

Glad to hear you got it sorted out. thup01