Question about how Courage Under Fire installs

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
geosouv
Lieutenant

Question about how Courage Under Fire installs

Unread post by geosouv » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:24 pm

Hello everyone,

I have H&D2 and I found a new copy of Courage Under Fire on play.com. My question is: Since I already have the original H&D2 installed (patched to v.1.12) and have multiple player profiles created how exactly will Courage Under Fire Work? Do I have to uninstall H&D2 and then install Courage Under Fire? The thing is, I only need Sabre Squadron from the Courage Under Fire package. Can I keep my H&D2 settings and player profiles and install only SS? Or do I lose every progress I have made (including saved games)? I am hoping for a very quick reply, since I don't know how long the game will be available on the website. Thank you in advance.
Don't think you know who you are, know who you are

Duke0196
Captain

Re: Question about how Courage Under Fire installs

Unread post by Duke0196 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:39 pm

geosouv wrote:Do I have to uninstall H&D2 and then install Courage Under Fire? The thing is, I only need Sabre Squadron from the Courage Under Fire package. Can I keep my H&D2 settings and player profiles and install only SS?
It depends on how CUF is bundled and unfortunately, I don't know. I've seen several references to it as PC CD so there is a good chance they packaged H&D2 and the Sabre expansion as they were originally released (i.e., 3 CDs & 2 CDs). If that's the case, you may have lucked out and just need to install Sabre.
geosouv wrote: Or do I lose every progress I have made (including saved games)?
No matter what, save your profile; but again, I think you will be safe to re-use your profiles.
I did a little test using one of Jason's profiles on the files page. His profile was for H&D2 (just like you) but I have Sabre v1.12. When I loaded his profile, I was able to access the single missions for H&D2 but not Sabre.
geosouv wrote: I am hoping for a very quick reply, since I don't know how long the game will be available on the website. Thank you in advance.
I hope this was quick enough but I also found used copies of CUF at Amazon UK.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... ition=used

Good luck George

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:46 pm

Duke0196 wrote:
geosouv wrote:Do I have to uninstall H&D2 and then install Courage Under Fire? The thing is, I only need Sabre Squadron from the Courage Under Fire package. Can I keep my H&D2 settings and player profiles and install only SS?
It depends on how CUF is bundled and unfortunately, I don't know. I've seen several references to it as PC CD so there is a good chance they packaged H&D2 and the Sabre expansion as they were originally released (i.e., 3 CDs & 2 CDs). If that's the case, you may have lucked out and just need to install Sabre.
Courage Under Fire is just a box (slip cover really) that has the original H&D2 copy (European fold out one) and Sabre Squadron in a normal DVD style case. They are definitely separate and make up a total of 5 CDS.

geosouv
Lieutenant

Unread post by geosouv » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:31 pm

Thanks a lot guys for the immediate and lengthy replies. Special thanks to Jason, you saved me, again smile01 . Now I know I can buy it from play.com. I also have one last question before I charge my gift card: I can't tell whether the game on the following link is new or used. I am not very familiar with the particular website and I have already tried asking the seller but I get an automated message saying he cannot reply for reasons I don't really understand. Here is the link: http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/489795/-/Product.html. Thanks again, you are of great help (If that is correct in English) :roll:

geosouv
Lieutenant

Unread post by geosouv » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:42 pm

Thanks a lot Duke. That link you gave me from amazon UK had a much better price than play.com. I already bought it from the link you gave me. thup01

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:21 pm

That is new, but it is not in-stock. They also link you to a seller who has it used at the same price.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:57 pm

geosouv wrote:Thanks a lot Duke. That link you gave me from amazon UK had a much better price than play.com. I already bought it from the link you gave me. thup01
No worries George. I knew they were used games but I've been lucky with the used games I've bought through Amazon US.

geosouv
Lieutenant

Unread post by geosouv » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:16 pm

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote:That is new, but it is not in-stock. They also link you to a seller who has it used at the same price.
Thank you also -ViTaMiHnM203-. How can you tell it is not in stock? I don't see it written anywhere on the site.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:37 am

geosouv wrote:How can you tell it is not in stock? I don't see it written anywhere on the site.
On the Amazon website is has three tabs just under the main product picture, All, New and Used. It's currently on the Used tab with 0 products for new. I have see a copy of Courage Under Fire on ebay for cheap, Sabre Squadron was still sealed. That could be the case a lot of the time.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:34 am

The play.com entry being in question; there is no BUY button as in other in-stock entries. :!: