Istallation Error

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
KillerNinja
Private

Istallation Error

Unread post by KillerNinja » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:16 pm

Hi guys.
Hello everyone I am a fan of Hidden & dangerus 2 and is also my first war game that has enthralled me. I had bought at least 3 years ago then I stopped playing because I could not find the CDKay and then I found at least 1 day ago notte.Oggi I felt like it's time to install it and then took the cdkay went to work for Hidden2 install. I start installing it gives me this error
Error reading file C: / Program Files (x86) / Illusion Softworks / Hidden & Dangerus 2/Maps.dta. Make sure the file exists and that the rights to acces
He said so at least then I'm going to see where I'm going on dectory of Hidden2 installed and I see the file then return del'istallazione window and click Retry after a while I said the same mistake I want to go back to playing guys please help them I would be grateful.  :sad: :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KQFNCGPM
Last edited by KillerNinja on Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

betteryouthanme
Lieutenant

Re: Istallation Error

Unread post by betteryouthanme » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:15 pm

Probably you didn't care much about the sensitives of your CD's.. Where you kept them 3 years long? Toaster? :mrgreen:

/board/index.php/topic,2105.0.html

PS: Would be better to upload images on imageshack, tinypic or the like.

KillerNinja
Private

Unread post by KillerNinja » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:53 pm

No propio 3 years at least a few years but not many, but the disc and in perfect shape files are damaged, however, I 0 is the other day I installed on my laptop that had Windows 7 64-bit but the problems 'I do not think I uninstalled  :sad:  it and then have a problem with this computer operating system because I want to install Hidden2 was at least 1 weeks ago reseptato because before I had Windows Vista 32 Bit.
PLEASE HELP ME

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:44 am

KillerNinja wrote: ... I installed on my laptop that had Windows 7 64-bit but the problems 'I do not think I uninstalled ... "
  Killer:  I had a similar problem with a Medal of Honor game on my W7 64-bit.  Try to re-install the game and uninstall it with the game's uninstall command.  You can also use the free "Revo Uninstaller" program that does an even deeper removal by removing folders and files that get left behind by a program's uninstall command.

But first ... make sure you CD is truly clean and does not have any fingerprints, scratches, etc.

Reinstall H&D2.  If it still doesn't work, try the game's uninstall command.  Even if it still didn't install maps.dta ... uninstalling it might help remove any files or registry entries that were left behind the first time. 
  Another option is to try Ccleaner to see if it can pick up any orphan files that were left on the hard drive or registry entries.  Stia attento and use at your own risk when dealing with the registry.
  Obviously your last option is to repurchase the game.
http://www.amazon.it/Hidden-Dangerous-P ... 926&sr=8-1
Ciao.  Buona fortuna. thup01

KillerNinja
Private

Unread post by KillerNinja » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:24 pm

Then I checked the disk and it is good indeed and quite scratched in good shape and I remember that on my PC that had Windows Vista 32-bit but now this computer is a new one so I do not need dangerus Hidden and 2 programs and I have not New never installed on this computer. My father said it was a problem of Windows 7 64 Bit but I do not believe because if you look at this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C8tP6VL ... ideo_title
What did the video belonging to the graphics have all my requirements so I do not think it's a problem or a disk and even the operating system 
I am not of this problem by understanding F*******  angry01
Last edited by Jason on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:05 pm

KillerNinja wrote: quite scratched in good shape
If it is quite scratched that is probably causing your access problem.
KillerNinja wrote:My father said it was a problem of Windows 7 64 Bit
No, its not W7 64-bit. I run H&D2 with the Sabre expansion on mine.  :-?

I looked at your screenshot again.  Try to install H&D2 as an administrator.  Maybe that will help access Maps.dta.  No guarantees but its worth a try.

KillerNinja
Private

Unread post by KillerNinja » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:10 pm

Hi guys sorry if I said there was not available before, but now I'm back from my grandparents who were sick but now they're fine. Tonight I was installing Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare 2 apple installs and tells me the same error but the installation proceeded perfectly is as it should go is maybe I discovered that my computer has problems is that it was Dangerus Hidden and 2 but it was my PC.
I remember that I tried to do:
Disable Firewall
Distattivare antivirus
But nothing works if you know tell me that I will try to solve the problem.  :oops: :lol:

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:34 am

KillerNinja wrote: Tonight I was installing Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare 2 apple installs and tells me the same error
  Many legacy games will work on W7 ... they just need tweaks.

Big question:  Did I understand correctly that you were installing an Apple/Mac version of COD4?  :-? If so, I recommend you search COD4 forums.  There is more than likely a Mac/Apple sub-forum.  If you meant PC ... try this link. http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/8522- ... -seven.htm

KillerNinja
Private

Unread post by KillerNinja » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:54 am

Big question:  Did I understand correctly that you were installing an Apple/Mac version of COD4?   :-? If so, I recommend you search COD4 forums.  There is more than likely a Mac/Apple sub-forum.  If you meant PC ... try this link. http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/8522- ... -seven.htm
Wait, I do not mean what you said you now Call of Duty has nothing to do was evidence that the disc was not even the operating system.
And that my Dangerus 2 Hidden and works PERFECTLY
Last edited by KillerNinja on Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:00 pm

KillerNinja wrote: And that my Dangerus 2 Hidden and works PERFECTLY
Glad to hear it. thup01

KillerNinja
Private

Unread post by KillerNinja » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:09 am

Duke0196 wrote:
KillerNinja wrote: And that my Dangerus 2 Hidden and works PERFECTLY
Glad to hear it. thup01
Even saving a lot to me buy it even if it costs 2 euros in Italy on ebay even took away the hours on ebay