Lost some of my Films

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
Duke0196
Captain

Lost some of my Films

Unread post by Duke0196 » Tue May 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Is there a specific file or folder where the films are kept?  Does anyone know how to combine profiles to recover the films?

I just reloaded H&D2 w/ SS and found a couple old profiles.  I noticed many of the first intros are missing.  I apparently did not copy everything when I saved my profile or possibly overwrote something when I combined profiles awhile back.

One profile has Intro, Russians attacking, In the dockyard, Captured in Libya, Before the action, Meeting the traitor, and Sabre Squadron Outro.

The other has:  Intro, Intro - Arctic Campaign, In the dockyard, Captured in Libya, Loading the cargo, Coastal artillery, Before the action, Meeting the traitor, Sabre Squadron Outro.

I have started a new profile and just got to the Intro - Burma Campaign. I'd still like to know if there is a way to combine my 3 profiles to recover all the films without having to redo all the campaigns.

Thanks for any input ... Duke

Grimples
Major

Re: Lost some of my Films

Unread post by Grimples » Tue May 24, 2011 3:23 pm

The intro films have nothing to do with your profile. There could be two reasons for this, maybe your Texty file has become corrupt. Or: If you have any maps/mods installed it could be that the game is reading one of those instead of the original. I rename my Maps/Missions/Models/Scripts folders when playing the Original game. Am sure there are at least two modded missions with the same name as the original.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue May 24, 2011 9:45 pm

That is not accurate at all... :mrgreen:

The films are in \Gamemovie. When you say they are missing you mean in game when you click on "Films?" The only way to combine them would be to modify the profile.sav.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Wed May 25, 2011 5:29 am

First off.  Thank you both for your quick reply.  thup01

To clear the confusion.  Yes, it was "missing" films when I clicked "Films"  on the main menu.  Sorry, if my explanation was "as clear as mud."   No major dramas but they were something I had unlocked and was wondering why they weren't there.

Grimples:  My game is a new install with the "All Equipment" mod.  This is not saying a previous mod or age may have done something to my profiles.  After all, these profiles were originally started in 2005 and I remember trying out numerous mods back then.

-ViTaMiHnM203-:  Well, it looks like the only way to get them back completely is to re-do the campaigns.  I admit I usually just replay certain SP missions but this will give me a chance to re-live, or re-die as the case may be, some of the missions I've ignored.  I know I hate Air Show (Operation Nomad) in SP since you start off with a jeep but it is so-o-o-o much easier hanging on to that flak gun from Spaghetti Airport.

In fact, I thought something was already wrong with my new profile.  I am about to start the Burma campaign but only had four intros (Intro, Arctic, Normandy, Burma).  I wondered why Africa was missing.  Thanks to your comment about the "gamemovie" directory ... I guess there is no Africa Campaign intro.

I really appreciate the input.  Cheers.

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Wed May 25, 2011 10:05 am

I misunderstood, i thought the intro movies to the campaigns/missions were not playing while playing the game.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Wed May 25, 2011 8:51 pm

No worries.  I can understand how my original post was a bit confusing after re-reading it.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Sat May 28, 2011 3:43 am

Just wanted to say thanks again for the info.

I finished my new profile and I have 15 movies (8 from H&D2 and 7 from SS) in the films selection in the main menu.  I saw an older topic and it said 15 movies is what I should have.

I now wonder if adding SS possibly did something to my old profiles since they were started w/o SS.  It's just a guess since the SS films were there but not the H&D2 films.  No matter I've got them all and I've even made a backup profile ... just in case.

On a side note:  I found the Bink player at radgametools and can even watch some of the other intro/outro movies which do not get saved in the films menu.  Since I had not played the campaign for several years, I had totally forgotten about some.

Thanks again for your help.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat May 28, 2011 6:09 am

I noticed that if you make a save during a single mission that is not from SS it removes the SS films.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Sat May 28, 2011 10:33 am

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote: I noticed that if you make a save during a single mission that is not from SS it removes the SS films.
  Now that sounds scary; but I had to check it out.

I am running ver. 1.12.0 and I chose a random mission (Guests).  I saved a couple times in Single Mission and Single Mission - Carnage in Normal difficulty.  Thankfully no such problems ... all 15 films are still there.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun May 29, 2011 1:24 am

Try on other difficulty settings.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Sun May 29, 2011 4:29 am

Just tried on Easy and Hard profiles with no apparent losses.  Boy, I was sweating it.

Were you in Single Mission?  Or Single Mission - Carnage?

What mission were you using?  I arbitrarily chose "Op Nomad: Guests" during my first test and continued with that as my control.

Okay, this is what I did.

Note:  For speeds sake I used the Profile Changer to create Easy and Hard profiles of my recent Normal profile.  No need for Very Hard since you can't save on that difficulty.

-  Changed profile to the newly created "Hard" profiles.
-  Verified all films were still there.
-  Selected Op Nomad: Guests in Single Mission (SM).
-  Saved game and then exited mission to verify films were still there.
-  I saved 3 times. I chose 3 as my control since that is the max saves for Hard.
-  I then did it again for Single Mission - Carnage (SM-C).
-  Thankfully after 6 saves (3 in SM & 3 in SM-C), the films were still there.
-  Finally, I did it all over again using the newly created "Easy" profile.

Minimum 18 Saves (Easy, Normal, Hard) and so far so good.

I even renamed one of the profile folders to "test" and though it disappeared as my current profile ... it was waiting for me in the profile list.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon May 30, 2011 1:58 am

Hmm, I have a bunch of profiles I have saved at different points that I like to play biyearly. :mrgreen: All a copy of my original single player profile. After a while the films disappear from them, and in different orders.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Mon May 30, 2011 4:12 am

Yep, that is basically what happened to me.

Those old profiles were originally from 2005.  I'm guessing it did something to my profile after I installed SS since only the SS films (and main intro) were there.  Then again, I've also had multiple saves through the years playing Single Missions.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Mon May 30, 2011 6:07 am

Duke0196 wrote: Yep, that is basically what happened to me.

Those old profiles were originally from 2005.  I'm guessing it did something to my profile after I installed SS since only the SS films (and main intro) were there.  Then again, I've also had multiple saves through the years playing Single Missions.
  Oops, I lied.  Just remembered there was one profile that still had the Russians attacking.  I guess there is really no rhyme or reason.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon May 30, 2011 8:10 am

It is not SS, it happened to me years after I installed SS back in 2004.