Creating a server

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
Grimples
Major

Creating a server

Unread post by Grimples » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:53 pm

Trying to create a server but it aint working. Am using the Server Launcher, i have used this before but it was a few year ago & i forget. Firewall is off, looks like it aint connecting to the net, see pic.

I hope what am doing here is allowed

Guidance please ;) what am i doing wrong or maybe not doing.

(edit)
Ha! while posting this two peeps ("Jack Shit" was one of them) joined the server but it dont show up for me, why?

(nuther edit)
Just had a look in game, turned filter off & my server shows up but is greyed out, this is so so confusing, what with the trouble with maps am gonna fkn scream n scream n scream frown01

(err.. edit)
just noticed the version in the console, "Creating HD2 Server v1.11", i dont understand! I have the "CUF" pack btw.
Last edited by Grimples on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lars
Commando

Re: Creating a server

Unread post by Lars » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:59 pm

You are not patched up to 1.12 as you already noticed. No idea what the CUF pack should be. Installation should be hd2 than sabre than the small hd2ss 1.12 patch . After that anything should be patched up to 1.12. Maybe that's why some of the other maps don't work for you?

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:17 pm

B.. bu..but the game did have ver1.12.0 in the top left corner. I patched anyways, it couldn't do no harm, in fact it actually worked nods01. Just gave my headache another ache trying to configure ZoneAlarm, got it sorted eventually, all is well.

Gonna try those maps later & see what happens, will let you know.

(edit)
Afr1_TBB (Tankbattle) worked, the rest still dont.
Last edited by Grimples on Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Well what I mean is .. if anything is patched up correctly .. than even the dedicated server is on 1.12. I mean maybe that is why you just fell through some maps
Just publiced the mirror .. some files like the big mappacks and bertgold are not up yet ... but its better to have an mirror of the main files as nothing http://cid-dbdc2bbc5f7f3247.office.live ... D%20Mirror Thats the ftp mirror with some never been publiced files ... no description are on the downloads so you have to know what you are looking for or just try it
Last edited by Lars on Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:52 pm

You been quite busy Lars, many many files on there, thanks.

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:28 am

Link is now redirecting to login.live, i have nearly all of the live domains blocked & have had to disable my hosts file, should of got those maps when i had the chance but i had been awake 24 hours & needed to go to bed.

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:22 am

Sorry i have changed the settings for the privacy for short cause each time I've uploaded one file msn posted an entry at facebook - so i turned it off for some hours but now nearly anything is up (just the 2 Bertgold versions are missing) and it should stay online for anybody for the next time

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:30 am

That fkn facebook is everywhere angry01, i cannot understand why you even use msn/live. I now have all facebook domains blocked, as well as shitter, i mean twitter & all those other shitty websites, they're a goddam nuisance.

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:37 am

lol well I use MSN now for over 10 years and well its still my fav instant messanger ... icq or aim etc .. I never liked them ... well facebook .. anyone is there and if you want to get in contact with some old mates you can be pretty sure that you will find them there. And if you know the settings and didin't post anything arround there I think its safe.  wink01

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:20 am

Grimples wrote: That fkn facebook is everywhere angry01, i cannot understand why you even use msn/live. I now have all facebook domains blocked, as well as shitter, i mean twitter & all those other shitty websites, they're a goddam nuisance.
funny01
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial