HD2 and Windows 7

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
Jordaz
Private

HD2 and Windows 7

Unread post by Jordaz » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:26 am

Hi, i just recently got a copy of Hidden and Dangerous 2 and Sabre Sqaudron. However, i can't get them to start. The installation goes without a hitch, but when i try to open HD2, my mouse goes to a loading cursor for a couple of seconds, but then nothing happens.

I opened task manager and then tried again. HD2 appears for a couple of seconds, but then goes away without anything happening.

I tried patching to the latest version, but to no avail. After that, i tried compatability mode from 2000 to Vista, with no success.

Im utterly stumped, any suggestions?

Jason
Administrator

Re: HD2 and Windows 7

Unread post by Jason » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:43 am

Try updating your graphics drivers, or down grading, it should work fine on Windows 7. I've just literally seen it work on Windows 7 while typing this. No compatibility mode is needed.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Jordaz
Private

Unread post by Jordaz » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:43 am

I tried updating my graphics card to the latest version. Didn't help.
Downgrading hasen't helped either.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:44 am

What are all your system specs?

Jordaz
Private

Unread post by Jordaz » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:35 pm

Gigabyte P55A-UD4P Motherboard
ATI Radeon HD 5700 series
Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz
4gb RAM
931gb hard drive
And im not sure what sound card

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:51 pm

Sounds like just a data corruption thing, are you using a no-cd crack? if not try using one from game copy world to see if it's breaking on the cd check. If that doesn't work, sadly you'll have to uninstall completely, check to make sure your cds are clean and re-install to make sure that it's all fine.

Also, what version of windows 7 are you running? 64 or 32 bit?

Jordaz
Private

Unread post by Jordaz » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:15 am

Ok, the no-cd .exe got it working.
Thanks for that, really helpful.
Should i now update to the latest version, or just keep it as 1.00 since i know it works?

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:16 am

Glad it worked! Upgrade to patch 1.06 if you plan on just playing single player, you will need to upgrade to 1.12 for multiplayer fun thup01

petrwarry
Private

Unread post by petrwarry » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:36 pm

hi. i've got  original HD2 and windows 7  - 32 bit. i can't start it, it kept saying "restart to finish"  even i've restarted few times. i did upload a ran patches 102 to 106. did copy them into game folder as well.
i've read few forums , have tried some compactibily settings , still it won't run ..... any hints please? 
i'm pretty bad with computers  :oops:

petrwarry
Private

Re: HD2 and Windows 7 32 bit problem , will not run.

Unread post by petrwarry » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:39 pm

i've changed some compactibility setting again - old problem is back - keep saying i must restart computer ...again and again.
i'll be thankfull for your hints.
thank you.

Duke0196
Captain

Re: HD2 and Windows 7 32 bit problem , will not run.

Unread post by Duke0196 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:07 pm

petrwarry wrote: i've changed some compactibility setting again - old problem is back - keep saying i must restart computer ...again and again. i'll be thankfull for your hints. thank you.
  Did you immediately add your patches before trying out the game or before re-booting after initial install?

My best recommendation is to uninstall the game, re-boot, and re-install again.  Since you copied things into the game folder ... I recommend you check that they are also gone after the game's uninstall program does its things.  There is also a free version of Revo Uninstaller that does a very good job of making sure stuff doesn't get left behind (i.e., folders, registry entries, etc).  If you install Revo, uninstall HD2 from there ... not the game's uninstall shortcut.

Its also best to re-boot after each install / patch.  Its a slower process but it helps ensure the appropriate changes/updates get made as the HD2 patches rely on the previous one.  Maybe that is why you keep getting the prompt to restart?

As for compatibility, I run HD2SS on W7 64-bit with XP (SP3) compatibility mode though the game works for me without the compatibility mode selected.

I hope this helps.  Good luck.  thup01