Junkers in the canyon

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
wanderer1825
Sergeant

Junkers in the canyon

Unread post by wanderer1825 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:27 pm

I'm in the Junkers trying to dodge the fighters racing down the canyon.
About half way down the game freezes. I seem to remember it doing this the last time I played it but can't think of the solution.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Re: Junkers in the canyon

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:45 am

Sounds like the freeze I get in single player. Try running a couple programs in the background. If you are not already. It seems to be related to the slow motion bug.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:08 am

Could the graphics card be crapping out? Maybe it's running too hot? What have you tried so far to fix the problem. Doubt it has anything to do with the actual game, probably something else that is running in the background. If other games lock up it could be hardware.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

wanderer1825
Sergeant

Unread post by wanderer1825 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:17 pm

I've played the game several times on this PC over the last couple of years with no problems.
I'll try again later on today.

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:47 pm

Files do get corrupt/damaged by windows, have you had a crash lately? This is my thinking if the game bugs out in the same place & the rest of the game works fine. If it was hardware or background programs then it would effect other parts of the game also, logic! Have you tried a reinstall? Copy the PlayersProfiles folder before you do & paste it back when the game is reinstalled, you will then continue where you left off.

wanderer1825
Sergeant

Unread post by wanderer1825 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:35 pm

Just tried it again and it works fine now.
Probably just needed a reboot.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:56 pm

...aka, ? la, the slow motion bug with accompanied freeze. :roll:
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

GrumpyMushroom
Private

Unread post by GrumpyMushroom » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:08 pm

I do get this error intemittently as well when i am playing on either on my XP machine or windows 7 machinei,it just freezes and crashes to the desktop.I always wondered if i had a corrupt file on my installation disk as i have had this problem when the game 1st came out and Take 2 could not emulate the fault either when i contacted them when the game came out for tech assistance.I have tried everything from background programms shutdown to new memory, new gaphic cards I even have new pc builds and i am still getting this error.This is the only campaign which it happens on so seems really like a file gets corrupted somewhere,somehow.The last thing i need to try is a new installation disk so will order copy of the game next week and reload on my new machine.After being on other forums and searching for this problem for years i have never found an answer for this one yet....will tell ya how i get on.     
This is better than shooting Game !!

GrumpyMushroom
Private

Unread post by GrumpyMushroom » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:46 pm

Well I finally have found what the problem was (for myself anyhow) it seems to be a sound file within the drivers of the onboard Realtek sound on my ASUS motherboards and the very old Creative Soundblaster card and drivers I transferred to my computers when I built them.
I am no Techy but read enough to be able to plug together computer bits and make a working PC.
It never crossed my mind after all this time that this could be a sound issue. When Take 2 had the helpdesk open when the game came out even they advised update the graphic card or drivers.Sound was never a major issue for me so the basic onboard or cheap card done me.
I gave the 2 PC builds to family recently and dug out my old Alienware Aurora I bought 7 years ago. Fired it up loaded the game and it still crashed in Junkers.

I was surfing and purchased a cheap ST Lab 6 Channels 5.1 PCI Sound Card for under a tenner. Just as a thought and Bingo !!! NO Slow down or freezing up or back to the desktop in Junkers.

I have played the game so many times in single mission and on campaign mode and not one crash..i don’t even get the slow down I got before on some missions. This has cured something and has taken me along long time but I finally got there. :grin:

So I upgraded the Alienware with some software and hardware lying around so my spec is now :

Windows Ultimate 32 Bit

Asus A8n SLI Deluxe Motherboard

2GB Memory

1tb Samsung SATA Hardrive

160gb Samsung SATA Hard drive

ST Lab 6 Channels 5.1 PCI Sound Card –Good sound with the 5.1 speakers

GEFORCE 8800 GTS 320MB Graphics card

I am saving my pennies for my growing family now so PC building is done for me but this PC will do me good for a while yet.I have all of my Hidden and dangerous games on it ..COD –ww2 series of games Mohaa –ww2 series of games and a rake of other games.
The only crashes now are the Krauts in the Canyon thup01 thup01

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:53 am

Whoa ... talk about persistence. :lol: Glad you figured it out and thanks for passing along the info. thup01

Sometimes it can be the weirdest thing. I recall COD2 MP would crash if you didn't have something plugged into the headphone jack. :shock: