savegame problem

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
SC 275
Private

savegame problem

Unread post by SC 275 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:44 pm

Hey guys, i've been on this site for years loving the stuff here especially the sound mods by R.Lee and Loran. I recently got a new computer and installed HD2 and started playing on the Hard level and it is truly hard...I managed to get to the spagetti airport and with some degree of death and difficulty managed to kill everyone but I couldn't find the documents. I had installed the patches up to version 2 or 3 but I had skipped the rest of the patches to the sabre squadron features patch (v.12?). Apparently I think I skipped the patch that fixed the bug and I couldn't find the documents as a result. I couldn't uninstall the v.12 patch so I backed up my profile and uninstalled the game and patch then reinstalled with all the patches in order up to v.6. The problem is when I go to the meu I see my savegame and where I was last time but when I click resume the game clicks but does nothing. I can go to single missions and the entire tab is blank with no missions and when I try and click campaign it starts at the beginning.

I thought that the savegame may have been just not working because I installed the new patches so I installed a full HD2 Hard profile from this site and put it in my profile picture. I can click on it in game and get to the end game video (war is over one) but I can't play or see any missions except the tutorial. Any suggestions guys?

Lars
Commando

Re: savegame problem

Unread post by Lars » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:06 pm

Had to search a bit in the archives:
Where the documents are:
#  easy: In the big room in the main building at the table
# middle: In the Hangar behind the door
# hard: An officer or an enemy got in the their inventory in a trenches

I remember in early versions of the game the documents are in an dressers. At your mapoverview you will see the location of the maps marked as '!'
If they are inside there (you will see it when you shoot at it) you have to glitch inside to grap it or you have to restart the mission, cause at that difficulty setting the documents can be at some diffrent places

SC 275
Private

Unread post by SC 275 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:52 pm

Fixed it! I installed the version of the patch I was running before.  smile01 I still can't find the blasted documents! I think i've searched every body on the map but I still can't find it. I smashed open a cabinet in the hanger that had a book that looked like the documents except I couldn't pick it up because no action box came up.
Last edited by SC 275 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:01 am

With patching a fresh installation of a game it is best to just use the latest patch. All later patches patch the previous bugs other versions did so you only need to install the latest.

As for the documents, I have read some people still have trouble finding the documents even with the latest patch. If the documents are not in the building, the hanger or the army-tents then you may have to reset the level. Which I can understand is not going to be fun. The level can be torture on the harder level settings.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:44 pm

I dont think what Lars says is correct, i always play on hard & the documents have never been in any enemies inventory, they are in one of the three randomized locations.
Here's how i play to save some time: I get in the jeep, head straight for the tents & if the documents aint in there i restart the mission, this saves me a lot of time as i always play slow & stealthy.

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:55 pm

Well it was over 4 years ago that I played this map ;) So I only looked into the forums and take that infos I found there. But normaly you should be able to find the documents via the mapoverview. There they should be marked

SC 275
Private

Unread post by SC 275 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:08 pm

lol in the end i restarted the mission and funny enough it only took me 10 minutes or so to finish killing everybody and another 5 minutes to find the documents where they were (in the tent) looks like last time i played it i just couldn't find em because of a bug.

thanks for your help guys

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:25 pm

Those I icons dont show on the map in single player Lars

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:28 pm

LoL Damit  :mrgreen: Guess you got me. It really must be lots of years ago I played the sp

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:18 pm

Lars wrote: LoL Damit  :mrgreen: Guess you got me. It really must be lots of years ago I played the sp
Yeah I need to play it through again myself :mrgreen:, prefer Sabre Squadron thup01
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial