Multiplayer Access to Internet Games Being Played

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
bandslak
Private

Multiplayer Access to Internet Games Being Played

Unread post by bandslak » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:30 pm

It seems that whenever my provider make a major change to its security manager something happens that does not allow me to play the online games. This started (this time) around the 1st of August when Bell changed or rather I should say upgraded the Sympatico Security Manager to the new Bell Security Manager. I can play the game but whenever I try to access the multiplayer games the screen that lists the games is blank (of  games). In order to get around this I have lately been disabling the firewall in order to play (the games then show up on the screen). I contacted Bell about this around the first of August and have phoned at least a half dozen times since then. They tell me "someone" is working on it but cannot tell me what they are doing. I have not heard from them now for 2 or 3 weeks.

Has anyone else had this problem? Please help, I would not like to continue to play with the firewall disabled but if I want to play I don't have much of a choice.

Lars
Commando

Re: Multiplayer Access to Internet Games Being Played

Unread post by Lars » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Do you use an Router? After I've got an new one I had to open the 11001-11004 Ports in the Router to access the MP. Maybe that will works for you too?

bandslak
Private

Unread post by bandslak » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:42 pm

Thanks Lars, I think I remember seeing those port numbers when I first installed the program so I think they are ok (is there anywhere I can check that without removing and reinstalling the program?) Actually, I wonder if I should do that anyway just to see if it will work?

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:46 pm

In the xp Firewall you could add them .. but I never needed to add them when I only played MP (only for hosting are they needed plus 27900+28900)
If you use an Router check the menues if you can add them somewhere
You might enter your Router with http://192.168.1.1/ or http://192.168.2.1/