Grenade bug in training mission?

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
GraemeCaUK
Private

Grenade bug in training mission?

Unread post by GraemeCaUK » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:50 pm

Hi,

I seem to have a problem with the explosives section of the training mission. Everytime I try it I am able to destroy every target except for one. The wooden target on the right of the trench closest to the front of the range seems to be indestructible. I have no problem blowing over its partner on the left of the same trench, but this one refuses to go over every time. I have tossed grenades close to it, dropped genades in immediately beside it in the trench. I've tried both types of grenades. I've even tried blasting it with a bazooka shell but the thing will not fall over. I therefore cannot progress any further in the tutorial.

This is not the first time this has happened. When I first bought the game a few years ago the same thing happened and because I also bought Far Cry at the same time I ended up playing that while H&D2 gathered dust on the shelf. I recently rediscovered the game and thought I'd give it another try, but still the same problem with that one target.

I know I can now skip the tutorial but I'm stubborn and would like to finish the tutorial. Is this a bug? Is there some technique to get that particular target to fall over. I'd be grateful for any help as this is really frustrating me.

Thanks

Graerme.
Last edited by GraemeCaUK on Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Re: Grenade bug in training mission?

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:38 am

Yes, there are a few very annoying bugs on that range. The Bazooka usually does it for me though, too bad it didn't exist at the time. :mrgreen: I'm not sure how to help you, as it seems this item just will not fall down. You might want to try scripting the range so that they all fall down more easily. Though I don't expect you to actually know how to do that. Can you maybe take video of what you are doing to try and get them knocked down?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

GraemeCaUK
Private

Unread post by GraemeCaUK » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:42 am

Thanks for the reply - it's nice to know I'm not simply incompetent. I can honestly say this is the first time I've ever been stuck on a tutorial :grin:

I went back and tried again and managed to bazooka the offending target down, but then to my horror on the next stage I was distracted whilst playing and ran over to one of the instructors with my jeep, thereby failing the mission. Next time through, same problem with the explosives range.

As I don't know how to script the range I think I'll just to the old fashioned method of reading the manual to learn the fundamentals of the game and start on the actual campaign.

help01 Before I get stuck in though, are there any similar known bugs in the campaign which will leave me unable to progress further? If so, I'd rather just return the game to the shelf than suffer the frustration of being unable to complete the campaign due to bugs rather than any shortfall in my own ability.

thup01
Last edited by GraemeCaUK on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:38 am

Before I get stuck in though, are there any similar known bugs in the campaign which will leave me unable to progress further? If so, I'd rather just return the game to the shelf than suffer the frustration of being unable to complete the campaign due to bugs rather than any shortfall in my own ability.
There is a known bug on Spaghetti Airport, C2M1 I think :shock: where a book is not selectable, believe it is fixed with the latest patch... I do hope you have the latest patch :mrgreen:

Some people just get random bugs, really random bugs that no one else gets. It is strange. You should be fine...

Enjoy!
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:46 pm

The bug is still there with the latest patch. In fact, I'd never had any problem with that mission until I played it on the latest patch, but I was probably just lucky earlier. One of your objectives is to get documents, and sometimes they just don't appear. Only way to progress is to start the mission again.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:44 am

The first time I played through the game back in October of 2003, I had no problems that I can remember of with bugs and I completed all of the Easter eggs in one go through. It wasn't until the later patches that I started to experience problems. The range issue has cropped up for me every time I play that tutorial in 1.12.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Talbot
Private

Unread post by Talbot » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:11 am

Having decided to play H&D2 again I came across the range bug but had no option but to skip it, bit upsetting.
Last edited by Talbot on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:10 am

There are still a lot of good courses in the tutorial, I strongly recommend you keep trying to get past it. Once you figure out where to detonate a weapon by the target it will go down every time. The easiest way is to grab the bazooka and fire right in the trench next to the target that won't go down.

Capt. Stirling
Lieutenant

Unread post by Capt. Stirling » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:51 am

I just loaded a Mk 4 and pretended I was given it by Blair. Then I shot out the stubborn targets  :mrgreen:
Funny that I didn't have the problem until after I installed SS. And the issue still persists despite the patch  frown01
They Dared and Won..... And They Were Hidden and Dangerous.
1941-1945

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:06 am

Yes the problem was created with SS. If you didn't know, there were Easter eggs strewn about the missions and the tutorial was one of them. You needed to drive the the truck next to the jeep, out a little, and then climb on it to get on the roof of the adjacent structure. Once there, there was a golden bar, which is actually still there as far as I know, that you had to pick up and bring to the shooting range. Then you could activate an attacking horde of zombies and fireworks.

They removed the Easter eggs with the release of SS, ? la patch 1.11/1.12 for the regular game, because they wanted to drop the rating. What they did with the tutorial I believe was just disable climbing on vehicles, but it is obvious they messed up more than that.

Wesley
Sergeant

Unread post by Wesley » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:42 am

I just had the same problem, no SS here. The front right and back left just refused to move. I shot about 50 shells and who knows how many grenades before deciding I had "learned" enough about explosives. I did get the front right one with the bazooka once, but even when I repeatedly hit the back one on the head, it did not fall. giveitem springfieldopt.  :-?

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:32 pm

You have patch 1.12 though, that syncs the game with SS. Funny that you need a rifle with an optic. :mrgreen: I just use my 1911. nods01
Last edited by -ViTaMiHnM203- on Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.