Problems on the Iceberg mission.

Experiencing a technical issue or bug with Hidden & Dangerous 2, discuss it here and ask for help.
Sneaky_S_O_B
Private

Problems on the Iceberg mission.

Unread post by Sneaky_S_O_B » Mon May 18, 2009 8:18 pm

This is my first post on these boards.  I have H&D 1 with expansion pack which I finished a long time ago.  Found H&D2 at a great price in GameStop the toher day so I bought it.  I hadn't experienced a single glitch in the game until I got to the Icerberg map.

On this map, I have found two distinct problems and a third one that popped up a couple fo times.

#1, after sniping everything I can snipe and then moving into the station with my crew, I kill the Sub Skipper and get a message telling me I have success for stopping the sub from leaving and I have success for finding the station.  Then it tells me I have new objectives one of which is to now find the radio station.  That's pretty easy to do but for somereason, no matter what I do, I don't get success for finding it.  I have even gone as close to the radio as possible as I can but I don't get the white frame telling me that I can interact with it.  I have tried to re-enter the radio station at different times but no success.  This is a fatal flaw and is keeping me from finishing the map.

#2, I can't open all of the doors.  I learned to get around this by packing my entire crew into the area and waiting for them to open the doors.  Then I switch to that person and explore the room.  This happens in the largest building with the dog in one fo the rooms.  The same building with the documents.  It also happens in the radio station.  The room behind the radio has the door in the corner to the right of the radio but when I approach the door, I don't get the white frame with [door] in the center so I can't interact with it.  Again, I had to pack the radio station with my crew and wait for one of them to finally open the door.  So this is not a fatal flaw as I can work around it.  However, it is not ideal and if it happens on another map, like the one where you have to go it alone, or one where you don't have the luxury of runing around in a room waiting for someone to open a door, then it can be a fatal flaw.

#3 is also something i found a work around for.  Twice while trying to play the map, my #1 guy, my medic, got killed because when I chqanged to an appropriate character to take into the sub, with the others folowing, he got stuck halfway on the gang plank.  When I exited the sub, he was running in place with his body sicking up out of the gangplank.  Nothing I did would save him.  He couldn't move on his own and if I took over him and tried to get him out, he eventually woudl fall all the way through the gangplank and the ice cold water kills him in about 5 seconds.    Easy fix is to only take one other teammember on the sub.  Doing this I never encountered a problem.  Bottom line though is that I tried the map many times but the one thing I can't get past is finding the radio station.  Nothing I do registers that I actually found it and like many of the doors, I can't interact with the radio which seems to e the key according to the walk-through I just read.  I figured it would be a good place to start to see if I was doing something wrong on my end.

Now here's the kicker.  Since I don't have the internet, I am at the library downloading the 1.12 patch right now.  I hope this fixes the problem but I didn't see anything in the readme's for any of the patches that tells me it will be fixed.  I'm hoping it is specifically addressed in the patch but was left out of the readme by accident.

BTW, I have an XP3000+ Barton running on an ASUS A7N8X-Dx board with 1GB Ram and an nVidia card.  Can't remember the vid card numbers but 5800 or 5900 256Mb sounds about right.  I also have Windows XP Home.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Re: Problems on the Iceberg mission.

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue May 19, 2009 4:32 am

Your radio problem is the same as the rest of the doors. You need to activate it like you activate the doors. You should be able to command your team to use the radio. Have you tried running in windowed mode?

As for the AI pathing, well that is how it goes. They will kill themselves at every opportunity.

Make sure you are downloading the large 1.12 patch if you have the SS expansion. If you don't have SS and you don't play online I recommend you just update to 1.6.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Tue May 19, 2009 1:17 pm

For path finding issues, best to bring your team in as close as possible and make them follow you in a single line. Then control them for other areas. Manually set them up for defensive positions.

You can try the strategy map as well for telling your men (and self) to interact with objects.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Sneaky_S_O_B
Private

Unread post by Sneaky_S_O_B » Tue May 19, 2009 11:14 pm

Well, I don't know why but today I started the game back up and everything worked fine.  I was able to open the doors that wouldn't activate and the radio was able to be used.  Weird.  I wonder if it was STEAM that caused the problem.  I loaded up The Orange Box not knowing that you had to have internet to play it.  So every time I turn on the computer now STEAM wants to update but it can't and I get an applet telling me so.  Today I decided to make sure I got rid of the applet before I started up the game.

Anyhow, I thought I was golden until I got to the Spaghetti Airport.  I was doing great until the tank showed up.  Guess what...it's freakin immune to Panzerfaust and Bazookas.  This is also an obvious mission killer.  No way to finish the mission when an unkillable PzIII mowes you down and there is nothing you can do about it.

I am at the library downloading the  1.12 patch.  I got to 96 percent yesterday before I got booted off.  I was freakin mad as you can guess.  I'll be glad when I get the internet back.  Libraries suck for download speed.  It only took me 3 hours to almost get the patch downloaded just to get booted off when it had about 10 minutes left.

Right now it is 80% downloaded so I will go with this patch if it is OK.  I will end up buying the SS expansion pack so as long as this patch won't cause problems, I will just go ahead and install it tonight.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed May 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Very funny that you got the Orange Box and didn't realize that you cant play anything by Valve anymore unless you are constantly connected to the internet and are running STEAM.

The P3 isn't immune, you just need to know where to hit it. Furthermore there are other ways to take the tank out. Especially since in 1942 that Bazooka (M9) and that Panzerfaust (M60) didn't exist. :P

If you get SS, like you should... then you can just download the small 1.12 patch, which should give you less trouble.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Sneaky_S_O_B
Private

Unread post by Sneaky_S_O_B » Tue May 26, 2009 6:10 pm

I've got a new problem.  I'm on the second alps mission.  The solo mission in the castle.  I've done everything I'm supposed to do.  I delived the ammo paperwork, watched the soldiers place the ammo in the warehouse, met up with the gil in the archives, got the documents I need, found the paintings and the gold and the wine racks (secret rooms behind paintings) and killed all of the germans....except one.

He's stuck in a place I can't get to.  When the mission forst starts, the guy sittign at the desk gets up and goes across the hall and goes into the door on the right.  I can't follow him in there.  It's like an invisible force field.  There is another door that leads to stairs that will go down to that area but that doors does not activate for me and I can't even get the girl to open the door.

I'm doing a carnage campaign so I have to kill this guy to complete the mission.  I've restarted the mission several times to try to get in there but nothing I do works.  It seems I need a cheat code to kill all enemy AI if I am going to be able to finish this mission.  If I can't do that, I have two options.  Swith to another campaign where you don't have to kill all the enemy, or just not play the game.  help01

One note to the makers of these types of games.  If you are going to make the siren so loud, make it so it shuts off after a few minutes.  In reality, I don't think they would make the siren blare all that time.  They would use a PA to keep the soldiers inside aware that the intruder is still on the loose.  Either way, having to listen to that siren for such a long time is enough to drive you insane.    ;)

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Tue May 26, 2009 6:42 pm

I remember to had this bug, too. My soulution was to shoot through the door till i hit him with bullets from the wall. 2nd choice would be to glitch through that wall.

Sneaky_S_O_B
Private

Unread post by Sneaky_S_O_B » Tue May 26, 2009 7:54 pm

How do you glitch through the wall?  And would it be easy to glitch back out?

I'm also startign to wonder if playing the carnage level is worth it.  It just adds more chances of a critical failure like now.  I wish the coward came looking for you.  :P  That would solve the problem.

I think that would add to the AI experience in all FPS games.  If you sit around for too long, it sends an AI to look for you.

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Tue May 26, 2009 8:15 pm

Check your PM

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue May 26, 2009 11:12 pm

What is it with people and the alarm?:mrgreen:

geosouv
Lieutenant

Unread post by geosouv » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:30 pm

Sneaky_S_O_B wrote:Either way, having to listen to that siren for such a long time is enough to drive you insane.    ;)
I agree, that siren is very annoying indeed. It drives you mad, especially when you are playing it on carnage mode. :lol:
Don't think you know who you are, know who you are