Operation Heat. Snakebite

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
johnroskilde
Private

Unread post by johnroskilde » Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:34 am

Hi! In this mission I have reached to where I have to pass two trucks with guns on the truck body. I've tried to sneak to the nearest boulder with a Panzerwefer and manage to blow one truck up, but is then gunned by the other trucks gun. I've tried to drive the jeep up behind using the MG, but I'm always being wiped out. Anybody who have some ideas on what to do in this mission?
veni, vidi, vici

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:46 am

Before you go around the corner, just after you destory the truck. Move to the wall of the canyon so you have a view of the flak trucks. With a sniper you can take out the guy on the back. All you have to do is shoot the front of the truck (the engine) then the turret should turn around in your direction. Then you should just be able to see the head of the enemy. Hold your breath and fire :D

Or you just go to the bolder, throw a grenade or two 8)
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

olemiss
Corporal

Unread post by olemiss » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:55 am

whats the default key to hold your breat, i never could figure it out, and the manual doesnt say... also, a better strategy is to just toss a freakin' potato masher (german grenade) at them, or any nade for that matter, and itll blow the truck up, and take out around 5 of the 10 men if you are lucky.

Grenni
Sergeant

Unread post by Grenni » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:35 am

If your secondary action-button (open doors, use vehicles etc.) is the right mouse-key it is that button you have to press to hold your breath.

Use a sniper on the gunner? HA! I always take him out with a K98 without optics from the corner where that valley begins 8) :wink: .
Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet!

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:05 pm

He's surpisingly easy to hit, even without a scope. Try not to blow up both trucks. Grab one of the trucks and use the flak gun on the approaching enemy troops. Fun! :twisted:
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

Alexander
Captain

Unread post by Alexander » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:46 am

hmmm hold breath? when u have a willy's?`??
listen to this and learn! :
when i was on this mission (if it is the one i think it is:)) i placed one man at drive seat, one in gunner and i placed my sniper in the backseat.
and when ever i saw enemys far away, i asked my heavygunner to bail, and backed the jeep up to a nice overview over the enemys.
then i i look down my snipers scope, and voila! the scope is 100% steady, only if i use hold breath in the jeep it goes unsteady. and if anything goes wrong like a tank approaching or u have to reload u can just press forward and the jeep driver will drive u out of there..

this stragey dont work good on coop though... considering the other players dont want to sit and wait in the car and wait for ur command... :roll:
Rendevouz with destiny!