C2M2 shoot down planes.....

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
Daniel
Lieutenant

C2M2 shoot down planes.....

Unread post by Daniel » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:51 pm

I'm on the level where you have to drive from one part to the next in the jeep (or flak truck, but i chose the jeep :p - shame you can't take the bike, but one man would have to walk :p)

Anyway, I heard you could shoot down the extremely annoying planes by shooting them in the propeller with the sniper rifle? I did this like once, but it only seems possible to actually damage them when they are firing on you?

It's hard in itself to get them to fire on you often when you are in a more covered position (like in one of the mine craters) and when they do, most of the time it's in such an erratic up and down way that you can't shoot them anyway :(
You also have to wait about 5 years for them to attack you, and the thing that gets you killed is mainly out of boredom for waiting for them to randomly do it.

Does anyone have any tips?
Can you only attack them when they are attacking you? (I think this is the case, sadly - which makes it all the more shit).

On a side note, it's stupid how the planes don't shoot you when you're in the vehicle and also don't take any note of a disguise.

Daniel
Lieutenant

Re: C2M2 shoot down planes.....

Unread post by Daniel » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:31 am

Anyone?

Daniel
Lieutenant

Unread post by Daniel » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:22 pm

:( help01

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:28 pm

On earlier versions (1.04/1.06) the AI has taken the planes out via normal guns or with the guns from the jeep/opel. Last time I replayed that mission with patch 1.12 the AI complete ignored the planes witch still attacks no_01

Daniel
Lieutenant

Unread post by Daniel » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:55 am

Ah okay.

Could they shoot the planes all the times they flew over, or only when they swooped down guns blazing and attacking?

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:13 am

Good question frown01 can´t remember anymore

Daniel
Lieutenant

Unread post by Daniel » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:51 pm

Ah okay. Thanks for trying though, that's the main thing :) I appreciate it.

Yer cos if they shot the planes all the time that would be a good sign - but i seem to get the impression you can only damage them when they attack you :(

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:26 am

My old trick for this was to set up the jeep with machine gun next to a shallow crater, then have one guy run out into the crater and lie down so the plane would attack him. It's virtually impossible for the plane to hit him (maybe totally impossible, I don't think my guy ever got hit doing this), and you can shoot the plane with the jeep MG as it tries. I believe I used to do this at the wrecked convoy just before the tank bit, I think there's a german MG there you can use to double your firepower, but it's a long time since I played so my memory maybe invented that MG.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

Daniel
Lieutenant

Unread post by Daniel » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:58 pm

Yer that machine gun post is there too, you're right. Just using it leaves your man vunerable for attack from behind by the planes - yet they don't shoot you when you're in the car lol

My main problem has been that they rarely attack and only seem to when you have gotten bored and least expect it, so then you get impatent and careless lol, trying to draw them into attacking

Thanks for the tips, I'll try it soon at let you know how it goes :)

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:52 am

Hm, I might have had the guy stand up and maybe even fire in the air so the plane detects him, then have him go prone as it attacks... Now that you mention it I kind of remember that the plane didn't attack him when he was just lying down.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

rodrigopx
Private

Unread post by rodrigopx » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:12 pm

please they alguem helps I to me I was to install my Hidden & Dangerous 2 and I do not have more cd_key of the game when I go to place one another compact disc-key it I speak that he cannot has that to be a compact disc-key of an original game please rodrigopx3@ig.com.br alguem passes its compact disc-key pra me please waits and very obliged for the aid

synchro
Private

Unread post by synchro » Mon May 18, 2009 8:26 pm

rodrigopx wrote: please they alguem helps I to me I was to install my Hidden & Dangerous 2 and I do not have more cd_key of the game when I go to place one another compact disc-key it I speak that he cannot has that to be a compact disc-key of an original game please rodrigopx3@ig.com.br alguem passes its compact disc-key pra me please waits and very obliged for the aid
what does this mean?
NEVER SAY DIE AGAIN!

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Tue May 19, 2009 1:28 pm

I think he wants a new CD key because the game says it is wrong. A long time ago when the game first came out there were CD key issues... maybe it has something to do with it
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

HD2fan
Corporal

Unread post by HD2fan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:39 am

Some say to use a sniper rifle, and shoot the plane when it attacks you right in the propeller.

That or be sure to take the flack truck, or

Use a machine gun, no rifle. Right when he dives down, and ONLY when he dives down to attack (You can tell, he is coming towards you, right towards you with his Wing mounted guns firing. Only then, or you waste ammo) unload a round right at him, and I mean RIGHT AT HIM.

This can be hard to fight the recoil, however, there is a cheat for it. Or, if you are a staunch non cheater, do as someone else here suggested, take the Jeep, and when he dives down, unload the Front Passenger mounted MG at him, and there is less recoil in this weapon. Use one man for bait, and be sure to heal him, or you may be out one man.

jonikka
Private

Unread post by jonikka » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:22 pm

the first two planes are not the problem, the other two are with the smoke tail that cannot be shoot down, now they are real pain, try not to leave you jeep  no_03
we are going deep, and we are going hard...