Tactics, map and more

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
Jason
Administrator

Tactics, map and more

Unread post by Jason » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:25 pm

The AI in H&D Deluxe is less buggy. It may not be as smart espically with pathfinding but the AI is not at all buggy.

I am getting sick & tired of not being able to rely on my AI to do a simple fucking task like shoot an enemy. It happens too much too often :evil:

Illusion Softworks really need to iron out these bugs. The AI really has a mind of its own. It listens to you sometimes and does what ever it wants to other times :roll:
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Grenni
Sergeant

Tactics, map and more

Unread post by Grenni » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:46 am

[quote=""Jason""]The AI in H&D Deluxe is less buggy. It may not be as smart espically with pathfinding but the AI is not at all buggy...[/quote]
You must be joking :lol: - standing in front of a Tiger and opening fire on it with a Colt... damn smart :P
Lets say both AI's in H&DD and H&D2 have their little flaws :lol: :wink:
Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet!

Alexander
Captain

Tactics, map and more

Unread post by Alexander » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:50 am

when i get to situtions like that, I enter this tactical map, and just click: -kill! or i just switch character and kill him :)

(unless ur talking mp that is)
Rendevouz with destiny!

Jason
Administrator

Tactics, map and more

Unread post by Jason » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:10 pm

At least they fire at the enemy Grenni :P and they follow every time :D
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Alexander
Captain

Tactics, map and more

Unread post by Alexander » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:05 am

hmmm they dont fire at the enemy when standing in front of them, well havent seen that much... though i do experience that the bastards disobey my orders, when i say hold fire! and hide and wait for the poor german to come close enough for me to use my SAS dagger on him, the idiots just open fire with all they got sten, bren, enfield...
at least theyre shot is pretty good... so hte shooting dont last long... :roll:
Rendevouz with destiny!

olemiss
Corporal

Tactics, map and more

Unread post by olemiss » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:02 am

here's the best way to manage your AI....
you were right about sneaking, it's how to win in H&D.
When any mission starts, I tell them to hold fire, then switch guys, saying it again, to make sure the idiot i just changed from knows too, (never know about H&D AI...crazy SOB's :)) Anyways, manually (you being in control) move your guys into position, i find it best to use two man teams, on either side of the map. It would be nice to say "ah use a bar, etc for suppressing fire" but... in reality, (H&D2) it doesn't really work. I stick with my leader having a thompson, garand, grenades, (use hirsch, he's a good leader) one guy for recon, m1 carbine and bazooka, colt 45 and names, and binocs.... two other guys with garands, one with a springfield on his back, and one with a bar if you wanna try laying down fire...

i just really don't like the british weapons in this game, i guess it's part bias bc im from VIRGINIA! i'd just personally rather have a semi auto 8 shot rifle, than a bolt action with 2 more bullets (lee) just personal preference...

anyways, about tactics, get one of those teams, the one thats NOT near a hard area to get into, to open up on the enemy and just lay down fire, that usually makes the enemies run towards them. Whilst, you have plenty of time to take them from the rear with your other two men. blah blah blah!

sweetbutt
Private

Tactics, map and more

Unread post by sweetbutt » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:02 am

As I said somewhere already now I've finished HD2 and know which are the REAL possibilities offered by the AI

I've preferred to use only one soldier and count on me only

during the last missions my feeling was to be alone and surrounded by puppets.

cuz they are puppets.

they don't shoot....they don't cover....they cannot be trusted and u always have to baby them...put them under cover etc...

I cannot realize this....it seems like a bad dream....I cannot understand why IS (illusion softworks) programming a game based mostly on tactics, on teamwork were able to program such a dumb AI...
I mean...I understand to have a perfect AI is just an illusion right now (even thought the marines in half life were much much much more challenging...back in 98')

ok here in HD2 the AI should be much more complex but this is just too much.
they're just too stupid...
I don't understand this at all...

HD2 owns the best warfare atmosphere I've ever felt...owns the best sounds and envoironment immersion.....owns wonderful storyboard and a wonderful variety of situations....owns wonderful graphics....

but holy shit....

it's incredible...

as I've also said at the beginning of the game I didn't feel this lack of AI at all....
it appeared screaming after I've installed the last 1.12 patch (where the IS said they took care of lots of AI issues :shock: )

new guy
Sergeant

Tactics, map and more

Unread post by new guy » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:01 am

I have finished the campaign a couple of times and honestly i dont understand what you mean by "do not shoot" and all that.

I find the AI decent, not good but its not bad either.

One example, by the woodcutters in the first alp mission. I wanted to take out the germans silently. I laid one delisle guy in the forrest from the diriction in wich you start and told him to fire when i do. I sneaked around with my silenced sten and shot the guy sitting down and the patrolling guard behind him and just as they died the other man by the mountain side died of my de lisle, 3 guys killed in 1 second. Another example is in spag airport, i parked my jeep on the hill near the trees and i put one guy by the mg, he suppressed the whole base and killed a while bunch of people, that opened up for me to sneak around on the eastern flank and take out the tank when it got there. I have plenty of other examples of the AI working exacly as i wanted it to.

I can lay a bren gunner down somewhere and he shoots the enemies that approach him. I dont see what the problem is. I havnt done the campaign in hard yet, are your problems with the ai ony in hard mode? Because i dont have problems with it in normal. :S

sweetbutt
Private

Tactics, map and more

Unread post by sweetbutt » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:47 am

and what u just said reinforces my doubts....

it's not possible...something's goin wrong...

I'll give some examples:

Spaghetti Airport:

the main building has a corridol that cuts it in two (remember that?) I came in from the front...and started to search for the documents in the 1st room on the right...to make it safer I've left a team m8 in the corridol covering the back door at the end of it...the order was "weapons free"

I've heard:

"enemy spotted"

I was still looking for the documents and thought "ok buddy just go for him"

silence....

I switched to him and the enemy was already inside the corridol right in front of him (double dumbness cuz' none of them shoot)

another example

Czech 3....where u have to sieze the village

sent a couple of guys with the tactic map sneaking and wapons free to investigate a small place

once again I heard

"enemy spotted"

once again nothing happened

one of them got shot from the enemy..I quickly switched to check whaddafuck was goin on and I saw they were still sneaking instead of shooting the guards

another example

(normandie bank assault) a team m8 bumped at the back of an enemy that was staring at me...I saw he could see him I told him OPEN FIRE.....he said SURE! ....but didn't shoot at all.... he was just lookin' at him...

this is what happened to me many times.

now....you said yours...I've said mine....

what's goin' on?

It sounds too strange to me that u'll find such differences.

If u please we can test it.

we can plan a little action and do it the same and check if the reactions are different.

Jackshit
Corporal

Tactics, map and more

Unread post by Jackshit » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:11 pm

Sweetbutt,
I must say I have never had the problems you are having with H&D2.
My team mates reacted differently from yours. When the see an enemy and are weapons free they'll fire.

Is it possible that it's the team you chose has a low reaction stat?

sweetbutt
Private

Tactics, map and more

Unread post by sweetbutt » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:35 pm

good...this sounds good to me....

I'll check it out now...

Grenni
Sergeant

Tactics, map and more

Unread post by Grenni » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:49 pm

Reaction? That was in Classic/Deluxe only :? .
But I must say that I don't have these problems either. I could give hundreds of examples where my team-mates took out enemies coming at me that I otherwise had recognized too late...

But if you give them the order "wait for my shot" they will wait until you react (I had one guy almost being eaten up by a dog for that before I took out the Sch?fer :lol: ). Best to order them "fire at will" ;) ...

sweetbutt
Private

Tactics, map and more

Unread post by sweetbutt » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:40 pm

[quote=""Grenni""]Reaction? That was in Classic/Deluxe only :? .
But I must say that I don't have these problems either. I could give hundreds of examples where my team-mates took out enemies coming at me that I otherwise had recognized too late...

But if you give them the order "wait for my shot" they will wait until you react (I had one guy almost being eaten up by a dog for that before I took out the Sch?fer :lol: ). Best to order them "fire at will" ;) ...[/quote]

yep...there's no "reaction" feature on soldier's tab

and my order was fire at will!....to be sure while he was sneakin I've said that again!! FIRE AT WILL! ..but nothing...

do u suggest to reinstall ev'thing?

did u patch the game to 1.12?

new guy
Sergeant

Tactics, map and more

Unread post by new guy » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:10 pm

[quote=""Grenni""](I had one guy almost being eaten up by a dog for that before I took out the Sch?fer :lol: ).[/quote]

Its called german shepard or something like that in english ;)

Grenni
Sergeant

Tactics, map and more

Unread post by Grenni » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:12 pm

But since it's a German it's called a Sch?ferhund :P :wink: