Carnage:can't see last enemy in 'mole in the hole' (crashed train mission)

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
major_smith
Private

Carnage:can't see last enemy in 'mole in the hole' (crashed train mission)

Unread post by major_smith » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:10 pm

Hi all
I'm having a problem with the crashed train mission in carnage mode.  Has anyone else had anything similar?
I've got all the way to the end of the train, and captured the german officer.  However, I have 1 enemy soldier left to kill according to the count.  I can see him on the map as a red circle, between the 6th from last and 7th from last carriages.  But he's not there in the 3d world!!  I've played the mission twice now, and the same guy is always invisible - he shows up in the map each time (first he was actually between the 2 carriages, the 2nd time he was in the adjacent alcove in the tunnel wall) and cannot be seen in the world.

I have tried the obvious things like shooting where he is supposed to be.  I let off several grenades in the general area, and shot it to hell with the bazooka, including shooting the floor and the ceiling, and tossing grenades into the 2 carriages either side of him.  He won't die!

I thought maybe it was a glitch with the map, so did a thorough search of the tunnel, in case he was actually elsewhere.  Not found.  Does anyone know:
- where he is?
- or how to move on to the next mission in carnage mode without killing all the enemy?
- or how to reveal the locations of all enemies?  or kill them with a cheat code?

I hope he's not outside above the tunnel, because you can't get out there.  Perhaps he's in one of the 2 carriages which have black holes in.  These are the ones you can't get into, but can throw grenades in without them exploding.  (I guess they still explode, but not in the carriage).  Is there a fly/noclip cheat?  I mean there must be - how did the developers test it?

Anyway, any suggestions would be really appreciated.  I'm now going to try replaying the same mission again...  Maybe he won't hide this time!

Thanks

Major Smith

Oldih
Global Moderator

Re: Carnage:can't see last enemy in 'mole in the hole' (crashed train mission)

Unread post by Oldih » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:06 am

I believe you just need to restart the mission. In carnage mode enemies tend to have sometimes habit that they are just missing for some reason, even if the counter shows there would be few still left.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

major_smith
Private

Unread post by major_smith » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:32 pm

Hm - thanks for this.  Although I've now played the mission 3 times from the beginning, and each time, had the same last guy in the same place according to the map.  The map shows him there, but you can't actually see him, to shoot him.  And he doesn't show up on the compass either.  So maybe the map is buggy as well as the enemy count?  I'd post screenshots, but I think you can't do attachments on this BB.

I'm getting really fed up with the same mission - is there any other way to move onto the next one?

I'm going to try once more.

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:02 pm

Sometimes bugs are only fixed by going back to the previous mission and completing that again. If you don't mind doing that, it's worth a try. I don't know of any skip mission cheat.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]