THESE 'LONE WOLF' SCENARIOS ARE CRAP!

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
SCOUT
Private

THESE 'LONE WOLF' SCENARIOS ARE CRAP!

Unread post by SCOUT » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:52 pm

Hi Guys...say I know we have tackled a couple of Lone Wolf levels here, but most of them are the same settings as with the team...so one hasn't much of a chance on one's OWN.    angry01    angry01

In HD2 'OP.LIBERATOR' (rescue Trebissky) One person don't stand any chance!    I just tried it three times and given up.  It takes so much time to sneak around getting on top of the enemy, time just keeps maxing out and the enemy kill poor Trebissky off before I get chance to liberate him.    I was just outside the door the last time!

The other one is OP.HEAT (Mouse in the House)....  Another immpossability on one's own...the enemy is all over the place!  No chance of getting to the target unless one flies!

Anybody done these scenarios out there 'single handed'that is?  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Oldih
Global Moderator

Re: THESE 'LONE WOLF' SCENARIOS ARE CRAP!

Unread post by Oldih » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:40 pm

In HD2 'OP.LIBERATOR' (rescue Trebissky) One person don't stand any chance!    I just tried it three times and given up.  It takes so much time to sneak around getting on top of the enemy, time just keeps maxing out and the enemy kill poor Trebissky off before I get chance to liberate him.    I was just outside the door the last time!
It can be done with stealthy stuff, you just need to do it rather fast. One way is to cut the railfence from right at the beginning of the mission, use the forest to move around, sneak past some patrols using the grass as cover and then using the pipe of the building to climb up (reguires bit practising to get your guy to climb the pipe).

After you get up just quickly get inside the house from a window and lie down so none of the guards can see you.

After just go in and shoot everyone (with silenced weapon) in the room and then go to Trebissky.

After that.... well it´s up to you how to exit the area. I have once managed to complete the mission on hard that no enemy saw me long enough to grab their guns and try to raise the alarm.
The other one is OP.HEAT (Mouse in the House)....  Another immpossability on one's own...the enemy is all over the place!  No chance of getting to the target unless one flies!
This is the mission where you need to rescue the prisoners?

There is actually one jeep avaible at the starting point so if you want to do it "the easy way", just drive jeep in good position where they can´t flank you, man the MG and start raising hell out.

About the mission being impossible to complete alone, well I disagree. It´s tough but not impossible. You just really need to calculate everything you do and sometimes even take some risks around to complete it. I would recommend going in from the left at first.

One funny note, you don´t always need to kill people to get past them. I once completed one mission in H&D2 with less than 12 kills and I believe it was the first mission of Sabre Squadron (sabotaging the submarines)  :cool:
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

SCOUT
Private

Unread post by SCOUT » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:49 pm

Yeh...well I did the railway one..HURRAH!  fingers01  thup01
I just got myself a 'Brengun' and positioned myself against the wall to the left and blasted away at everything that moved.   I had to move a frew times, but I sure whittled the enemy down very quickly.   This gave me the time to resue the Russian guy and all went well.  thup01

Doing the 'prisoners' in the temple one, was a bit more tricky, but I armed myself with a load of 'mines' and managed to get to the prison.   I then spent a little time laying all the mines I could in the entrance hall and a few other places.  I then rescued the men and made sure they each had a 'stengun' for us getting out.   On the way up I could hear the mines blowing up the enemy.  There were loads of them in the entrance and with the 'stens', we didn't have a lot of trouble getting away..so success here too.  funny02

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:01 pm

Prisoners in the Temple? Mouse in the House?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:18 am

Hrmmm, I don't know some missions are easier with only one man IMO. I beat both H&D2 and SS in lonewolf mode on hard using Dave (David?) Foreman. The hardest mission for me was Op. Husky - Ponte Grande - that was near impossible. If it wasn't for those extra SAS dudes around the place it would have not been possible.

Sometimes your team do more damage than good :lol:

Playing in Carnage mode now, for SS in hard. This is the last mode for the hard setting, I'll put the profile up for download when I'm done.

Very hard is going to be... impossible, honestly. For lonewolf, has anyone completed the game in Very Hard in lonewolf mode :?: I'd be very surprised.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial