ANOTHER TACTIC NEEDED PLEASE

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
SCOUT
Private

ANOTHER TACTIC NEEDED PLEASE

Unread post by SCOUT » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:26 pm

Hi I am stuck at another crucial point in the 'LONE WOLF Operation Nomad - Caravan!

Say, this mission was hard enough to do with support now you are expected to defend this outpost SINGLE HANDED!  Against a German DIVISION?  angry01 

AW, COME ON guys...who's game play idea was this?    I would say it can't be done outside of GOD mode in cheats..which there ain't one anyway!  angry01  angry01

ANY BODY DONE THIS......EH?  help01    help01

SCOUT
Private

Re: ANOTHER TACTIC NEEDED PLEASE

Unread post by SCOUT » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:50 am

Well if none of ye can help out here, do yer know where I can find a gizmo that will enable me to get to the next level?     Otherwise I will be stuck forever here, as there is no way forward that I can see!  angry01

I am completely out numbered here.  There is no chance of killing this lot, there are hundreds of 'em!    help01

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:42 pm

Actually, it´s not that hard to do. Well the defending alone is rather hard but the trick works like this:

I recommend first having Garand, since it´s accurate and suitable for short-med ranges, and Bazooka with two rockets if possible. Oh and if I am not 100% wrong, go to talk that medic inside the main building so you can now command him. So you get a free ally here. Try to give some sort of gun to him since he can be used to watch out specific direction or as a medic.
Second, right after you report the radio that begins the attack, man the first MG42 nest facing southwest.

Now, when you see something moving just start shooting. It should not be that hard to see in the dark. Now get ready since some enemies might have made inside the courtyard, usually comes first from northeast entrance and then western entrance. Eliminate them, it shouldn´t be so hard.

Now there should come halftrack from southwest area and soon starts moving towards south and from there to the western entrance. Take it out with a Bazooka. If you miss, get ready to meet the halftrack and some soldiers.

After that, one Tiger tank should be watching in the southeast area. Now I recommend saving and grab one Bazooka inside the main building if you´re out of rockets. Now sneak behind the Tiger, aim to the large "A" painted behind the turret and launch. It should be destroyed from one hit and after that - mission completed.

Main trick is that you need to keep moving and stay aware what´s going on. It´s not really that hard.

PS: If I remember right, it´s not entire division. More like troops from that specific division, as mentioned in the briefing (if I am not 100% wrong again)
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

SCOUT
Private

Unread post by SCOUT » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:47 pm

Oldih...WOW!   :grin:

Is you sure that you can get the mechanic to join in???   grin01

Even now your EASY sounds pretty hard to me buddy!     I shall give it a try none the less.  smile01

I did on my first couple of tries get the bazooka and I manned the corner broken down turret, (I had a lot of success from here when I had the rest of the guys with me) on my own I had not much chance, as I saw two of the enemy sneak past and they came behind me. The enemy just came from everywhere!

Have you done it single handed then bro??  :wink:
Last edited by SCOUT on Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:28 pm

Have you done it single handed then bro??
I have, it´s not really that hard when you just practice around and if neede just play tricky.

Like once in very hard I had to hide in the main building of the Oasis\Complex for like 10 minutes before trying to do something as I had to figure out some sort of ambush point.

And it´s not the mechanic you get. In previous mission (before the night standoff) there was a medic inside the main building if I am not 100% wrong.

Now go to the main building ( = the one where´s the radio to "start" the attack) and check the "main hall". You should see this medic there, talk to him and you have free soldier under your command if I am not 100% wrong again. Just remember to give him some sort of weapon, otherwise he gets killed rather easily.

It may take few tries, and it took hell of a tries back when I played it on very hard, so in other words it´s rather easy but tricky.

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:00 pm

Best way I can think of to do this mission alone is to use mines and the southeast facing MG42. Take some time before you call on the radio, use every mine you can get your hands on.

Bear in mind there's a truck with a few Germans that comes before the main offensive, before you've used the radio. By the time you've placed the mines around the western gate, they will probably be approaching the oasis. You can shoot them in their truck from the southeastern MG, but otherwise they'll be coming in through the western entrance (I think). Might want to deal with them before you start laying mines.

Lay mines just outside the western wall - the barbed wire forces the enemies coming in here to go through a small opening. Put a few mines on the left side (your left side as you come out of the oasis through the large entrance) in the narrow gap in the barbed wire. Then put one or two in the entrance to the main gate.

With any mines you've got left, put them just outside the south wall - in the entryway.

Now go and use the radio, then run up to the southeastern MG42 position and wait for the main attack. Just the MG42 should be enough to deal with most of them - fire at them early, you can get a few of them when they're still in their truck. Don't fire when there's a tank close - normally it's blind and stupid and won't fire at you, but if you're blazing away on the MG at the wrong time then you'll get blown up. Once the tank stops in position you can fire again.

Once you've done with the infantry, get a bazooka and run outside the southeastern exit, get round the back of the tank outside the east wall and hit it in the back with the bazooka - normally it's not too tough, keep prone and you should be fine.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:54 am

use every mine you can get your hands on.
Darn, I forgot you can use mines aswell.

SCOUT
Private

Unread post by SCOUT » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:21 pm

Oldih wrote:
Have you done it single handed then bro??
I have, it´s not really that hard when you just practice around and if neede just play tricky.

Like once in very hard I had to hide in the main building of the Oasis\Complex for like 10 minutes before trying to do something as I had to figure out some sort of ambush point.

And it´s not the mechanic you get. In previous mission (before the night standoff) there was a medic inside the main building if I am not 100% wrong.

Now go to the main building ( = the one where´s the radio to "start" the attack) and check the "main hall". You should see this medic there, talk to him and you have free soldier under your command if I am not 100% wrong again. Just remember to give him some sort of weapon, otherwise he gets killed rather easily.

It may take few tries, and it took hell of a tries back when I played it on very hard, so in other words it´s rather easy but tricky.
OK buddies, but if you have seen my other thread, I am going to swamp the area with 'anti-tank and personel mines' here........that will show 'em mates..EH!    wink01  nods01
Last edited by SCOUT on Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SCOUT
Private

Unread post by SCOUT » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:39 pm

YAHOO!

Well that did it lads!  I riddled the area with mines and bombs..particularly leading up to the corner where the Bren Gun is.

This is a shot with the gun behind me.

This is further down.

Sucess even further out and the tank?

Well I found it further out at the corner you can see from the gun.   It was stationary, as yo can see so I just.....

BLEW IT UP!

That did the trick, so the mission CAN be done single handed if you use the mines.   :grin:   :grin:

I have to say guys, that I didn't find the medic back in the building where the radio was.  There was a cot there but no sign of him, so I had to proceed alone here!  (Story of my life!)   funny01

MUST SAY THANKS TO YOU GUYS HERE!   ;)
Last edited by SCOUT on Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:26 pm

I have to say guys, that I didn't find the medic back in the building where the radio was.  There was a cot there but no sign of him, so I had to proceed alone here!
it could be possible that it is "disabled" from lone wolf mode but atleast in normal he should be around there.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:17 am

It is not very realistic for you to have that weapon in 1942!
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

SCOUT
Private

Unread post by SCOUT » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:24 pm

Yeh, I agree with ya buddy..but giving ONE GUY the mission to hold a post against several PLATOONS of men PLUS a tank ain't realistic either mate...eh?  :shock:  :shock:

Now had this been a 'stealth' mission it would have been a different story and a better mission IMHO.

But then the game makers wouldn't have saved all that money just dishing out the same scenario with slightly different adaptations bud!  Bloody cheek I calls it!  no_03    no_03

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:44 pm

Yeh, I agree with ya buddy..but giving ONE GUY the mission to hold a post against several PLATOONS of men PLUS a tank ain't realistic either mate...eh?     
Well every game has more or less stuff which is more or less realistic.

H&D2 has general quality quite good, but there are some small weird stuff around ;)

jacobston
Lieutenant

Unread post by jacobston » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:34 pm

SCOUT wrote:
I have to say guys, that I didn't find the medic back in the building where the radio was.
If you kill him in the mission before, he will not appear.