OPERATION LIBERATOR TACTICS ANYONE PLEASE?

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
SCOUT
Private

OPERATION LIBERATOR TACTICS ANYONE PLEASE?

Unread post by SCOUT » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:15 pm

Say I am single play CHAMPAIGN in 'Operation Liberator - Gin Send Off'!  wink01

Say, this mission seems REAL HARD.    You will all know that you and the team have to prevent ALL enemies from leaving the village! .......Well the German re-enforcments that arrive sure take some putting down here.   I can't get without getting wiped out every time!    angry01   angry01

My A1 mates arn't exactly good shots here either!   tongue01

Has anyone developed a winning stratagem here at all please short of 'GOD' mode, (which you can't get anyway!)   :evil:
Last edited by SCOUT on Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drozdov
Major

Re: OPERATION LIBERATOR TACTICS ANYONE PLEASE?

Unread post by Drozdov » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:46 pm

Well first off, attack the northern building complex with the trucks outside near where you start. Just a normal assault will work, not too many enemies to take out, set up your men in a line across the road and most of them will run out and face your firing squad. Clear the buildings, then stock up on mines, anti-tank mines (get 2 if you can) and at least one panzerfaust if you don't have a bazooka. Move all your men to the southwest corner of the map, and set up an ambush on the main road in front of the small ruined buildings. Place the anti-tank mines on the road in front of the large blue door (roughly where the tank's tracks will be when it drives past). Put anti-personnel mines on either side of the road on the pavement. Now hide your men inside the building complex behind the blue door. The man with the bazooka/panzerfaust should go outside the building, on the right side where there is a slightly open brown door. He hides behind that door ready to jump out and fire at the tank if it misses the mines. Now you need to take one of your men and run down the main road to the east to trigger the attack - once he's close enough you'll see a movie of the tank moving. Run back, hide, save the game and wait - open the blue door when the tank explodes and kill the infantry. Rest of the map is fairly straightforward.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

SCOUT
Private

Unread post by SCOUT » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:57 pm

Say thanks here buddy...I am going to try this tonight.  :grin:

Many thanks here.  thup01  thup01

SCOUT
Private

Unread post by SCOUT » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:03 pm

Drozdov....buddy Ok, I have wiped the small convoy out and picked up the mines and things and got back to the big blue doors you mention....problem is, I can't find any of those 'red indicators' that show you where to plant the explosives etc.???    :shock:  :shock:

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:41 pm

Ah, guessing you've not used mines or sticky bombs before. I didn't know you could pick up any explosives from the small convoy, normally they're effective for taking out tanks but they're not any good for this mission. The sort of explosives you probably have picked up don't have any glowing red 'explosives go here' outlines. If you pick up something called 'Explosives' that's a rectangular shape rather than a bag, then that's a sticky bomb - if you've watched Saving Private Ryan, it's a bit like the things they attach to the Tiger. Except it's magnetic. To use those you equip them as if they're a gun, walk up to a vehicle and press the shoot button to attach it. That's why it's not any good for this mission - you need to walk right up to the tank to use it, not any good here because the tank is guarded by infantry and the bomb takes too long to explode. So get rid of any explosives, you want to use anti-tank mines or a panzerfaust to blow up the tank.

You use mines in the same way as the sticky bomb more or less - equip it as if it's a gun, then walk to where you want to put it and press fire to lay the mine. You need anti-tank mines to have any effect on tanks, and note that anti-tank mines won't be set off by a person (unless the person weighs a ton or so, they won't be heavy enough to set it off ;) ).
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

SCOUT
Private

Unread post by SCOUT » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:17 pm

Hi Guys!

Well I got us equiped with as many 'anti-personel mines' and 'anti-tank' as I could and I just smothered the streets leading up to the end of the road with them.   thup01   thup01   nods01

The tank didn't stand a chance and we didn't see many soldiers either!..GREAT!    Those weapons sure are handy.

I am going to use them at the 'Oasis' also.  You will have seen my thread about fighting this action alone.

If I can get some mines down here as well...WOW!

Many, many thanks you guys here   :grin:   :grin: