3rd mission weird thing - need help

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
Daniel
Lieutenant

Re: 3rd mission weird thing - need help

Unread post by Daniel » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:43 am

When I started, I didn't think i'd need one - I had my trusty de lisle :D Of course, for some reason I dropped all but one box of ammo for it in a mission start screen - thinking I would be able to pick it up again in the next mission - it would be in the menu. Alas this was not the case :D Also, I then find I can't use it with a disguise either hehe :D So yer, knives are usefull :D

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:41 am

Always keep one or two knifes with you. You never know when you´re gonna need them.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:02 pm

I always have one knife per team member, not because of its use, but because it should be standard...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Geezah
Private

Unread post by Geezah » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:55 pm

I've just started playing H&D2 and I got to the third mission last night.

I positioned two of my guys by the pier but laike you found they died when I stared talking to the pilot. Luckily I had saved prior to that part of the game so I just restarted from that point.
Well I moved my guys from the pier to the MG42 and rescued the pilot. I've already picked the majority of Germans off in the woods so hopefully I should be good. I also equiped the pilot with an MP40 instead of the pistol so it shoudlbe fun. I didn't complete the mission as Lost was about to start :mrgreen:

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:18 pm

You can get a man on the pier. I have. At the very end i have placed a man behind the lamp post & he did not die.

Daniel
Lieutenant

Unread post by Daniel » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:07 am

Okay, I think I have found out why they did that "killing your men if they are too close" thing - if you put the men on the pier and past the lampost then the ship does not spawn and the american who is meant to die says his speech but just stands there, bugged and broken - you can still loot his body though. Cos there is no ship, you can't finish the mission.

This bug is probably why they set your soldiers to die if you put them too close to the spawn. Sadly, it seems they miss a bit at the end of the pier.

Grimples, did you get the ship to spawn when you did this?

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:08 am

Daniel:
Yes. When you move your man away (out of sight) from the pier then return the gunboat is there, always has for me anyways.

Sorry for late posting but i have not been able to access this site for some time, was there a bug?

Grim

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:12 pm

Yes, the forums were down.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted: