AFRICA 2: SNAKEBITE STUCK!!

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
ANDKAT
Private

AFRICA 2: SNAKEBITE STUCK!!

Unread post by ANDKAT » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:45 pm

Doing this mission in carnage mode, got all the way to the end and enemy counter says 2 still alive.  Have driven up and down canyon, have run up and down canyon. no sign of these two.
Anybody got any clues?
starting to get majorly pi##@d off
Thanks

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Re: AFRICA 2: SNAKEBITE STUCK!!

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:06 am

Did you check in the like conduit on the right side of the latter part of the map?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

ANDKAT
Private

Unread post by ANDKAT » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:50 pm

HI
Fraid so, been up and down in and out. I've also tried it in single mission mode and have the same problem.  Is there a patch or something that I may be missing?

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:32 am

Did you check the trenches at the end?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:02 am

Have you checked that canyon far right nearby that soon after that AA truck in (almost) middle of the map?
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

ANDKAT
Private

Unread post by ANDKAT » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:05 am

Hi Guys,
I think i've got 1.12 downloaded, but how can I double check?
Done the crevice on the right. I've stood troops at each entry to try and flush any bad guys out......nothing.
Killed 6 in the trenches at the end.
Are there any high up on the cliff tops at all?

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:09 am

I do not remember the map so well since because of techincal problems I haven´t played H&D2 for a while.

I believe that there is only but one choice, restart the mission since H&D2 does have some strange bugs around. One reason why I don´t play carnage usually is that it is annoying to restart mission if one enemy has vanished.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:26 pm

I have had this before, also in MP. Destroy the tank & all enemy b4 aproaching the 1st bend. There are two enemy that will spawn there, one has a large medikit. Did you find a large medikit on any of the enemy in that vicinity? If not then those are the two that did not spawn.

Best o' luck.

Grim

ANDKAT
Private

Unread post by ANDKAT » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:51 pm

Hi Grim
Have shot the first 3 from long range, How do I destroy the tank? where do the other 2 appear?
Sorry for being so thick
Andy

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:12 am

Well, you dont sound as "thick" as most of the people on here...

So points to you...

The germans should have spawned already, they hang out between the tank and the kubal...

Atleast those are the germans that have a medic with them, not sure if he means them...

To destroy the tank; use your head!

Explain your problem about destroying the tank alittle better please...

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:43 pm

Hmm, you compliment him on not being as thick as the rest of us on here but then advise him to use his head to destroy a tank? Surely it wouldn't be thick enough given what you said...  no_02

If you haven't destroyed any of the (manned) tanks, then those are the enemies you still have left. Numerous ways to destroy tanks - fire a bazooka or a panzerfaust/panzerschreck at their back side, or place a sticky bomb anywhere on them. The tank that appears from the second corner (where the Libyan resistance fighters are being shot by Germans) can be destroyed using the first tank cannon from the empty tank at the start, as long as you shoot the three crew members before they get in. When facing tanks head on, you have to use the AI against itself - use one man to distract the tank's attention while another man with a bazooka creeps along on the tank's blind side and gets behind it. Make sure the bazooka man doesn't fire, or the tank will see him. You can also use the jeep to drive right up to the tank, if you're crazy and lucky enough. Drive up at full speed, driving from side to side like a drunk, jump out when you reach the tank and blow it up.

There are also a couple of enemies on the cliff-ridge thing overlooking the campsite near the end which you could miss.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

ANDKAT
Private

Unread post by ANDKAT » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:22 pm

HI GUYS
Sorry, did use my head....bandage fits lovely and its a lovely camo colour!!!

I know about useing panzerschrek etc to destroy tanks
Grimples wrote: I have had this before, also in MP. Destroy the tank & all enemy b4 aproaching the 1st bend. There are two enemy that will spawn there, one has a large medikit. Did you find a large medikit on any of the enemy in that vicinity? If not then those are the two that did not spawn.

but I thought you meant destroy the first static tank before you get to the first bend and this would make the two hidden troops appear.

Does this mean that there will be 5 enemy soldiers in this very first section? or do they spawn a bit further on?
Thanks in advance

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:57 am

Yes, I figured you knew how to actually destroy a tank...

Thats why I asked you to explain your question alittle bit more...

But Drozy likes to assume the opposite!

Grimples wasnt very clear, he might have been drunk again...

He usually comes on here drunk...

I didnt know that you had to destroy the 1st tank to spawn them, I think hes talking about anuther area...

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:45 pm

A was quite sober ViT, my brian doesn't work like it used to is all & i find it hard to explain things in text.
Try again. The bend where the MOVING tank & about 8/10 enemy approach, just around the corner after them there are two enemy that don't always spawn. One has a LARGE medikit, the only one on the map that has a LARGE medikit. I have found that if you don't destroy the tank or rush forward too quick they will not spawn, even in MP. Done a mad dash to the end of the map a few times & worked my way backwards & these two enemy did not spawn.
Best thing to do is for all of us to arrange an MP session, i can host up to six players but PC lags a bit on Libya2 & 3 when hosting but still playable.

Grim, the sober one :grin:

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:34 am

Well, this is my map...
Iv played it alot of times...

You were correct then in saying the first bend, but I know of anuther medkit carrying german by the third panzer on the map...
For me the LARGE bag is a medkit and the SMALL bag is a firstaidkit...
The German I speak of has a backpack, I think the only German with a pack on the map...

I can host 16, tho I havent been playing latly becuz I was having trouble in game...
The whole things lags like an fps drop to 1...
It happened after my Diamondback died and then when I installed my Copperhead, Im not sure if its related, but I could probably stick it out...
I just cant play competitively...