Operation Snowball - using explosives & question re Pat

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
worldphoenix
Private

Unread post by worldphoenix » Wed May 24, 2006 10:29 am

On first mission - and can't explode the explosives I am carrying

I can discard it on the ground - but the only action option is to pick it up...!

As for patches does anyone recommend installing the latest patch (for XP) and can someone gve me a link

Thanks

Rob

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Wed May 24, 2006 3:30 pm

Unfortunately, in Hidden and Dangerous II, you cannot manually set up explosives to blow them up like in Hidden and Dangerous I.

I believe it was made so it would not confuse the masses, as I recall that there was lots of whining going on about that in H&D1 setting up TNT in correct place was "impossible".

You can only place them in spots with red TNT looking shape on it, F.E. you see TNT shaped red colored part in wall, you can set explosives into it.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

worldphoenix
Private

Unread post by worldphoenix » Wed May 24, 2006 3:34 pm

Thanks for the response

My God - this is dumbing down - very unrealistic - you can't do diverisonary tactics now by making a big noise - shame on you H+D2 !!!!

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Wed May 24, 2006 9:47 pm

My God - this is dumbing down - very unrealistic - you can't do diverisonary tactics now by making a big noise - shame on you H+D2 !!!!
Yup it is very big shame as it prevents some funny ideas that worked in H&D1, like creating noisy distraction to firing squad ;)

But I believe it was made like that to make the system more understandable for masses or something like that. For whatever reason they did it, it is a real shame and takes out one funny and important part out.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words