Libya 2

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
Drozdov
Major

Libya 2

Unread post by Drozdov » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:15 am

This is Thread 2 of the Official Drozdov Series of Boring Tactical Hints.

On Libya 2 at the start, DON'T RUN AHEAD OR GET IN THE JEEPS. Sneak all your team into position over the edge of the ridge. From this position you can see the tank ahead, with 3 soldiers sitting around outside it. The idea is you kill these soldiers before they get in the tank, which is a hell of a lot easier than doing things the other way around. :? Make sure nobody alerts the soldiers before everyone is in position. In practice, this tactic doesn't work in public servers (or private servers, eh, Fudge? :evil: ) cos there are too many maniacs running ahead with more BARs than brains. Unfortunately you can't steal the tank, which is what I thought would be the only reason for the crew being outside at the start. H&D logic. :roll:
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

Grenni
Sergeant

Libya 2

Unread post by Grenni » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:50 am

I guess that I've got the totally wrong equipment for this mission.
1. Sten-Silenced + 1 Panzerschreck
2. Sten-Silenced + M1 Carabine
3. DeLisle + Knife + Pistol
4. Enfield-scope + MP40
This worked perfectly in the town-mission to free the pilots 8) , but here it seems I will have a very hard time :roll: . No much chance to take out the three guys with a Sten or DeLisle, and the Carabine does not do enough damage on that distance from the ridge. Leaving only the sniper as effective weapon here with a quiet long re-loading time considering the situation.
I managed to take out two of them, but the third got into the tank. Btw. funny where IS placed the entry-dummies for the tank, sort of 8 to 10 meters away :? .
Any cunning idea for a situation like this :) , so that I don't have to waste the Panzerschreck on this very first tank? - And don't tell me to do Lybia1 one more time with heavy equipment; I've gotta deal with the current situation :wink:
Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet!

Jackshit
Corporal

Libya 2

Unread post by Jackshit » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:48 am

Sneak all 4 guys as close as possible, then open fire. Scratch 4 Nazis.

Grenni
Sergeant

Libya 2

Unread post by Grenni » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:30 pm

Then I have to find a way to keep undetected as long as possible, which doesn't seem to be easy either. Once I just reached the ridge, stuck my head over it, the message "I see them" was announced and the fellows were already running for the tank... very alerted Germans :?
Maybe right around the rock. Gotta see in the evening ;) :D .

Grenni
Sergeant

Libya 2

Unread post by Grenni » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:37 am

Yes, it works if you approach right of the red rock in prone position. Then you can get close enough to throw a grenade or take them out with a submachine-gun.
And even though you can't drive the first tank it serves very well for the next part ahead ;) .

yoobie
Corporal

Re: Libya 2

Unread post by yoobie » Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:14 pm

[quote=""Drozdov""]Unfortunately you can't steal the tank, which is what I thought would be the only reason for the crew being outside at the start. H&D logic. :roll:[/quote]

Duh. Of course you can steal it! The engine is broken or out of fuel, that is why theyre probably outside the tank. If it would be working, they would probably be patroling the area or stuff like that...

The reason they run towards the tank when you shoot them is that the main cannon and the machine gun is still working fine - and you CAN take that for your own.

I actually used the jeep first to lure the first working axis tank back to the broken tanks range, then get the main gun and blow the enemy tank to pieces...

da fish
Sergeant

Libya 2

Unread post by da fish » Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:33 pm

On Libya 2 at the start, DON'T RUN AHEAD OR GET IN THE JEEPS.
u say that, after some time/practice and possibly some luck i managed wipe them all out with nothing but the front bumper of my jeep. got in raced towards the ammo crates where they where all sat down and voila : three dead nazis, no shots fired.

i did mention luck right? :wink:

Jason
Administrator

Libya 2

Unread post by Jason » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:49 pm

Lol, they always spread out when ever I try to do that. Plus I find it hard to slow down in the jeep after going fast :roll:
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

da fish
Sergeant

Libya 2

Unread post by da fish » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:29 am

the thing i found hard is getting the speed right, most of the time i do it jump over their heads and bash into the wall!! :roll: :wink:

Grenni
Sergeant

Libya 2

Unread post by Grenni » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:07 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
What is this? Need for Speed? I'd like to see a screenshot when you are right above their heads :D . And the Germans should all look like: :shock:
8)

capthavoc
Lieutenant

Libya 2

Unread post by capthavoc » Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:49 pm

The first tank is not the hardest besides you like to have it in one piece because the maingun can take out the 2de tank coming down the road
the group ahead is not that hard fortunaly some guerilla help is there
as sniper aim for the panzerguys the rest is well easy enough
but can you help me with the 3 the tank i manage to clr the nest no prob
but after gathereing 4 panzers and sniping the lot around the tank
i manage to get the jeep past the tank on the rigde in the shadow
(from the machine gun nest is to far away for a good hit)

But even after 4 full hits with panzers
i only manage to get the tank only onces.all other atempt failed
mostly the tank stay working and i cannot get past it

what is a good place to shoot him and how many panzer do you need ?

Jason
Administrator

Libya 2

Unread post by Jason » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:10 am

I crawl up to the MG42 nest, hide behind the sand bag bunker and grab the panzershreck. While in crouch just strafe left until the tank is in view and try to blow the tank up before it blows you up :wink: the best place to aim I find it the top of the tanks turret.

Good luck!
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Grenni
Sergeant

Libya 2

Unread post by Grenni » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:21 am

I walked up to that MG nest with two men and sneaked past the gathering keeping close to the rock until I almost reached the corner of the big rock. Then one man was protecting the area behind the ridge (with the lorry around the corner) and with the second man I took out all enemies at the tank by throwing two Stielhangranaten (the german granades).
That attracted the attention of the PzIII who was permanently seeking the hideous attacker up there who was lying low all the time. Especially when the firefight started with the first man who was protecting the ridge against the incoming infantery.
This divertion gave me the opportunity to sneak with one guy armed with PanzerFaust along the right side of the canyon staying close to the rock again. Being on the same level as the PzIII I sneaked towards it and took it out from three to four meters beside it.

The Panzerschreck did not work very well for me from the MG-nest because the PzIII did not show its back-side of the turret, which in fact is the weak point of the tanks in H&D2 :? .

yoobie
Corporal

Libya 2

Unread post by yoobie » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:55 pm

Remember that tanks that are not surrounded by enemy soldiers, can be easily sneaked by, What i did is take the panzershreck and sneak past a tank that was aimed at the top of the mg hill... then just shoot, and hide next to a destroyed vehicle nearby, shoot, hide, shoot, bang.

capthavoc
Lieutenant

Libya 2

Unread post by capthavoc » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:34 pm

thnx for the tip on the back of the turret
that would be helpful :)