Libya 2

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
Jackshit
Corporal

Libya 2

Unread post by Jackshit » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:12 am

That's a very tricky tank to get. I sent my RPG guy running along the ledge while I sniped the t ank from the MG nest to keep it's attention. Then RPGed the tank from behind. This is a save, die, reload, try again, get lucky method.

da fish
Sergeant

Libya 2

Unread post by da fish » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:08 pm

it took me ages to get that tank, its definately a case of try and try and try until you get lucky.

i ended up sneeaking a guy up to the mg nest, dsitract with some hefty grenade and panzerschrek from the other team as the guy up by the mg crawls over the ridge to the right. took care of any nazis and sneaked him round using the flipped truck as cover. distract again to move the turret, and run up and attach the sticky............ sit back and watch the fire works........
:twisted:

Drozdov
Major

Libya 2

Unread post by Drozdov » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:14 pm

What's the big problem with the 3rd tank? :? Just send a man with a bazooka crawling along the ledge behind the MG42. Make sure the tank is facing away from the ledge (check the map for it's field of vision, if you have a compass). Move a soldier to the other side of the canyon to distract the turret (fire your gun, then hide quickly). Once it's distracted, have your bazooka man on the ledge run in behind down the slope and launch a bazooka/panzerfaust rocket up it's arse. :twisted:
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

yoobie
Corporal

Libya 2

Unread post by yoobie » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:32 am

I tried to do that but the tank always spotted me. I decided just to go the other way and nuke him from behind

panzerariete
Private

Libya 2

Unread post by panzerariete » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:34 pm

this is the most chanllegnging and entertaining scenario

I play solo, no teammate at all.

After killing 2 Germans with rifle in the beginning, I just drive the jeep very fast straight towards enemy, miraculasly I pass the first and second tank without being hurt at all, even though the tanks and soldiers opened fire on me, then I killed people on the high slope near the third tank, I crowled to the high slope, I got some panzerfaust there, with panzerfaust I destroyed the third tank and the second tank which came to chase me, all the rest of the scenario is very easy after eliminating these 2 tanks.

the first tank was sitting there doing nothing

Oldih
Global Moderator

Libya 2

Unread post by Oldih » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:01 pm

Yeah sorry, my mistake, I always mix libya2\3

In Libya2, I simply used jeep to rush out and kill the crew, manned the tank with myself, ordered AI to go close enough so the tank and soldiers come to tank gunner?s LOS, take the tank out, then again use jeep to rush in and kill remaining people, stop near the second tank, took few Panzerfausts and finished the tank off, continued again with jeep, took down MG nest, manned the MG, took down the truck, again finish remaining enemies with jeep. Then I took Panzerschrek to take down that Flak truck, then used once again jeep to eliminate remaining enemies, then manned MG and eliminated the others which came from the road\canyon, drove through the canyon to rear, once again I used jeep, then just moved to the extraction point.
Last edited by Oldih on Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

Drozdov
Major

Libya 2

Unread post by Drozdov » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:37 pm

I think you're talking about the 3rd Libya mission - we were talking about the 2nd mission where you drive through the canyon.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Libya 2

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:55 am

So "no-one from you squad didnt get killed"? Sounds like you did terribly...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted: