C6M2 on very hard?

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
Rehsalps
Private

C6M2 on very hard?

Unread post by Rehsalps » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:40 pm

I'm stuck on the second Normandy mission on very hard. When I arrive at the bank, there is only one american left alive (as far as I have seen), the commander. When the germans attack, he steps right up in front of the balcony door without a thought of taking cover and, of course, eventually he gets shot. And then the mission is failed. What am I supposed to do? Put one of my guys in the door as a "human wall"?

I'm getting crazy of doing the first 90% of the mission over and over again. Heck, I know the trigger zones for every enemy soldier and artillery fire inside out by now! :(

Drozdov
Major

C6M2 on very hard?

Unread post by Drozdov » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:03 pm

Hmm, guess you need to hurry up a bit. Run like fun! Hopefully the stupid Americans won't have all got themselves killed if you move quickly. I hate the AI for the Americans in this, they're completely retarded, all they do is follow pre-set routines of hiding behind cover, stepping in front of a window to fire randomly (even when you're standing in front of the window in the balcony, meaning they often shoot you in the back), then stepping back, occasionally getting shot by Germans, and there's that one guy downstairs that throws a grenade at the tank then is scripted to die, regardless of whether anyone shoots at him. Bah.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

Oldih
Global Moderator

C6M2 on very hard?

Unread post by Oldih » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:01 pm

I think you just need to try again and hurry up, run like hell. I have myself got "mission failed" because Americans once died when I tested on easy difficulty that if I just wait long enough, you do get "mission failed" because AI got themselves killed. (on a sidenote, it took hell of a long to wait for that on easy)

So on very hard, you just need to be pretty fast. It is pretty much "memory game" when you play on very hard; you need to know every thing and enemy between the start and end of the mission.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

Rehsalps
Private

C6M2 on very hard?

Unread post by Rehsalps » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:18 pm

Woho, I made it! And I didn't even lose any soldiers :D

I don't know why I even bother playing on very hard though. Like Oldih wrote, it's more like playing a memory game than a tactical shooter...

(sorry for posting in the wrong forum btw, must be more careful next time)