Operation Liberator Mission 2 Mole in the Hole

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:36 pm

I found the first MP44 and the box next to it which is supposed to have MP44 ammo; but the box is only full of Enfield ammo. I've looked all over and can't find another box at this spot. Can someone please help me in this search? Thanks in advance.
pukey
pukey123

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:38 pm

Take your mp44 in your hands and take than the ammo from the box

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:32 pm

[quote=""Lars""]Take your mp44 in your hands and take than the ammo from the box[/quote]

Thanks Lars. I would have never thought of that.
pukey
pukey123

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:32 pm

Are you also trying to complete the optional objective?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:09 am

[quote=""-ViTaMiHnM203-""]Are you also trying to complete the optional objective?[/quote]

Yessir: As a matter of fact I completed the mission before hearingf from Lars. I completed the 2 primary missions, hidden secondary objective (MP44 but didn't use it). and hidden secondary objective, all team members must survive.
I'm contemplating playing this again just to see how to convert Enfield ammo to MP44 ammo.
Thanks for your interest.
pukey
pukey123

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:44 am

Well, H&D2?s ammosystem is rather unlogical but IMHO, it works.

And as Lars said, you just need to swap the weapon to your hands and that?s it.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:19 pm

[quote=""Oldih""]Well, H&D2?s ammosystem is rather unlogical but IMHO, it works.

And as Lars said, you just need to swap the weapon to your hands and that?s it.[/quote]

Live and learn is what I say oldih. It never occurred to me to do what Lars and you suggested. Both times I found an MP44 and both times I found an ammo box; all useless because I didn't use my brain. Fortunately I was able to finish the mission and one more. I'll probably play it again just to learn what you and Lars have pointed out. Thanks again for all the help.
pukey
pukey123

pukey123
Lieutenant

H&D 2

Unread post by pukey123 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:25 am

My sincere thanks to oldih, Drozdov. Lars, ViTaMiNhM203, Grimples, et al, for their assistance in helping me with this great game. I just finished it and would not have been able to do so without the generous help you men provided. Now I'm about to start H&D Deluxe which I believe is an older game; and hope to receive Sabre Squadron in the mail from UK in a few days. I haven't had this much pleasure in a game in a long time. Once again I am most grateful to all of you and hope that you might be on the forums for these other games. All the best from:
pukey
pukey123

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:41 pm

Pukey: You tried multiplayer yet?

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:03 pm

Now I'm about to start H&D Deluxe which I believe is an older game
Yes, it is re-released H&D1 and it?s expansion in short, with retouched graphics and so on.

One thing you just need to know, that it is really older, both technical and so on. It takes some time to get used to H&D1?s movement after playing H&D2 pretty much.

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:00 pm

[quote=""Oldih""]
Now I'm about to start H&D Deluxe which I believe is an older game
Yes, it is re-released H&D1 and it?s expansion in short, with retouched graphics and so on.

One thing you just need to know, that it is really older, both technical and so on. It takes some time to get used to H&D1?s movement after playing H&D2 pretty much.[/quote]

Thanks. Do you know where I can get this version? I bought H&D Deluxe and it's giving me fits. It loads sometimes, other times not. Then I never get a complete menu; have to click maybe 20-30 times before any part of a menu shows up. Once in a while the game starts but then I can't pick the team automatically because the button isn't there. My CD version is 1.50 and the free download is 1.51. Both have the same problem including vertical and diagonal lines flashing on and off. I would be most grateful for any advice/suggestions, etc., and to know where your version is available. Thanks.
pukey
pukey123

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:41 pm

Have you configured your 3D card settings from the game settings? There should be some some hardware configuration in H&DD, like Start -> Programms -> Lonely Cat Games -> H&DD -> Hardware configuration or something like that.

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:17 pm

[quote=""Oldih""]Have you configured your 3D card settings from the game settings? There should be some some hardware configuration in H&DD, like Start -> Programms -> Lonely Cat Games -> H&DD -> Hardware configuration or something like that.[/quote]

Yes, there is a "configure" item and unfortunately it doesn't allow for brightening the picture, like H&D2. Take 2 Tech Support is looking into the problem and I sure hope they can help fix it. I also replied to your other message and forgot to tell you that I did enjoy playing Babes in the Woods. It wasn't too hard but tricky in certain portions of this mission. All the best.
pukey
pukey123

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:01 pm

If you have choosed the reference rasterziser you will only get black screens. Check if you have chosen the hardware acceleration

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:11 pm

[quote=""Lars""]If you have choosed the reference rasterziser you will only get black screens. Check if you have chosen the hardware acceleration[/quote]

Hi Lars: The configuration has always been set on Hardware Acceleration, 16 bit and 1024x768. And the screen is still black. I haven't given up yet because I can see very vague shapes; just have to figure out how to brighten the screen. I'm hoping Take 2 Tech Support and nice people like you will come up with a solution.
Thanks again.
pukey
pukey123