Operation Challenger: Mission 2 Estate Agent

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:43 am

I'm back with a question. I'm supposed to be in a German Uniform, carry an MP 40, knife and Parabellum. When I review my 4 men and the selections, ly one has a German uniform, but there is no Parabellum and no ammo nor any ammo for the MP 40.
Any and all advice will be most appreciated.
pukey
pukey123

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:35 am

Only one man goes in. He needs a german uniform. The game will equip him with the MP40 & a cap. I equip him before the end of the prevoius mission, i collect MP40 ammo of the bodies.

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:42 am

Yup, you don?t need P08 for this mission.

Only thing(s) you actually need, are:
German uniform - reguired.
Cap - reguired.
MP40 - reguired.
Papers - reguired.
3-5 magazines - not necessary, but recommended. Keep atleast one spare magazine with you.
Knife - not necessary, but I recommend in case you really need to take someone out quietly.

That?s everything you really need.
So, if you really don?t have any ammo for MP40, I suggest that you replay "Babes in the Wood"- mission and collect MP40 + some ammo for it before entering. You can always loot an enemy corpse when you get into that part but I recommend you have magazines already when you start the mission.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:53 pm

You really don't need to go through Babes in the Wood again just for a bit of ammo. One magazine is enough to procure all the rest!
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:18 pm

Thanks Oldih and Drozdov: I started over as suggested by Oldih and before I heard from Drozdov. Anyway, I'm about half through the replay and am loaded with an MP 40 and sufficient ammo. I don't mind replaying a mission because I really enjoy this game. In fact, I just received H&D Deluxe and hope to be a bid winner to acquire Sabre Squadron. This is one of the best games I have ever played and I'm confident these other two are just as good. And I sure appreciate the help from folks like you that make the game even more enjoyable. Thanks again.
pukey
pukey123

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:21 pm

[quote=""Grimples""]Only one man goes in. He needs a german uniform. The game will equip him with the MP40 & a cap. I equip him before the end of the prevoius mission, i collect MP40 ammo of the bodies.[/quote]

Thank you Grimples: I learned the hard way and am replaying the previous mission. As you can see from the other message of today, I am most grateful that this forum has some really nice peopless who go out of their way to help dumbheads like me. All the best.
pukey
pukey123

N_Smyrnov
Private

Unread post by N_Smyrnov » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:32 pm

I?m doing this mission now and I have everything needed but most Germans attack me if I go near them. Is it because I play on hard difficulty?

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:57 am

I’m doing this mission now and I have everything needed but most Germans attack me if I go near them. Is it because I play on hard difficulty?
Are you carrying some clear allied item?

Other reason could be that if soldier has low stealth rating, you have lesser chances then. If you move too much in vision of Germans, they will recognize you eventually, and higher stealth the soldier has = more time it takes them to recognize.

This is represented by black bar next to the health meter in HUD.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:30 pm

Well, if your using Basil Eliot...

Hes a dead give away...

I have a brown bar...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:28 pm

Well, if your using Basil Eliot...
Well the guy I use (Robert Czakowski) had around 70 stealth when I was in that point. I prefer stealth approach always than run?gun if needed ;)

HD2fan
Corporal

Re: Operation Challenger: Mission 2 Estate Agent

Unread post by HD2fan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:06 am

If I may add to this, too.

After, and only after you pick up what you come for, being papers, can you shoot freely. No need to even shoot before hand, even if you are recognized and shot at.

My advice? Have what you need to begin, SPRINT to the Officer, put the papers on his desk, SPRINT back, wait for the two soldiers to get the boxes into the room, then go out into the "hall" just outside of the room you started in. Two doors are before you. One (the right door) you can not even go in, even when it is open, so, take the left. Go down those corridors, leave the soldier there be, and ensure your "Stealth" (Black bar next to Sprint and Health bars) is up, and then proceed to the Library. Follow Salter, get the documents. \

Right after you get those documents, a Soldier wearing a German Field Commander Uniform will open the door and walk in. Be ready before hand. As soon as that door opens, mow him down, then go down. There is a room, with books there, as you can see, and soldiers are in it. Take them out. There is another locked door that will be unlocked and people will enter. Take them out, and then go down the hall you came down with Salter to get the papers. Retrace your footsteps to the library, find an exit, and exit safely with Salter and the Documents.

NOTE: No matter how little you shoot, the Disguise is useless with the Documents.