Seawolf Mission 1: Steam Piping

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:11 pm

I've made it to the ladder on the port side of Olaf, after planting the mines on both ships. Every time I figure that the coast is clear and slowly start up the ladder I get killed. The only indicators that seem to show where the bad guys may be located are: a: condensation from the breathing of the guards and b: pulsating blips on the compass. When I couldn't see the condensation I started up and got killed. The blips stopped a few times and then I went up the ladder - and got killed again. Are there any other indicators that would help me get on board safely? Thanks in advance.
pukey
pukey123

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:52 pm

Yes, 3rd person...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:33 pm

[quote=""-ViTaMiHnM203-""]Yes, 3rd person...[/quote]

Thank you very much ViTaMiHnM203: Third person sure does work. I haven't made it yet - have to get the timing down to avoid those bad guys. Didn't realize my setting was first person. Thanks again.
pukey
pukey123

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:59 am

[quote=""-ViTaMiHnM203-""]Yes, 3rd person...[/quote]

Hello again: For the past couple hours I have tried to board the ship from the ladder. No luck whatsoever. I can't seem to get the timing down to where at least 3 or 4 Germans are patrolling. A couple times I made it and assumed the crawl position; killed the man at the far end of the passageway, but got killed by one of the guards on the deck/decks above. Or the message that the alarm has sounded and the mission failed. I sure would appreciate knowing if there is a specific drill or moment in time when all the patrols are looking elsewhere; that would enable me to move forward. Maybe I'm just too slow or the lighting is too poor, but once again I am stuck. Thank you in advance.
pukey
pukey123

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:44 am

Well, I told you awhile ago, this game aint for you... :wink:

I just board and kill, simply...

You gotta use your brain...

You can do it...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:51 am

When your so far up the ladder look left for for the officer. If he aint there go up & turn right. Remove the aqua-lung. Stay close to the 1st angle you see, you should be clear from view of the left side of the ship & the Tirpitz. Wait for a one man patrol to show his head, shoot it :shock: . Then just work your way through them.
What level are you playing? try easy. You can practically walk up to them.

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:03 am

After you rise up from the water, check that no-one is watching you from left.

After that, start moving right, keep your aqualung on. Just go on righ until you reach that cannon, turn left, and make sure no-one sees you while you are there.

Then, proceed left once again, you should see around 1-2 doors, and I remember that the closest one to you is the right one, quickly get in there, and remember to close the door behind you. If timed correctly, you do not even have to kill anyone yet.

Now you can drop your aqualung for a moment.

Eliminate the guard from inside, and check the rooms. There should be one German sleeping in one of the rooms, fire couple of shots (with silenced weapon, of course) to wake him up, tie him up and take his uniform. You can grab other gear from that dead guard.

Now you can move in into a room which as something like "K?pit?n". Just get in there, you see captain of the ship reading some paper. Just move next to him, take your knife and stab him. Make sure he dies with the first time.

Then, you should see another door. Get into the room, and you should see Enigma in there. Make sure you have three slots open in inv and grab it.

Now, watch the floor, you should see a some *door* in it. Open it, there is another *door*, open it and you should find Enigma codetables. Pick it up and 1st optional objective done.

Now, get back where you dropped aqualung, make sure the area is clear outside, grab it, climb over the side and just drop into the water and swim back.

You take some damage when you drop to water but it is fast way to get out without any problems.

Then just swim back to dropship and enjoy the show.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:30 pm

Is it really playing if you do exactly what you are told?

Thats why I never tell any1 what to do, how can you be proud of yourself for completing a game that you were walked through?

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:18 pm

[quote=""-ViTaMiHnM203-""]Well, I told you awhile ago, this game aint for you... :wink:

I just board and kill, simply...

You gotta use your brain...

You can do it...[/quote]

Thanks for the message. I am confident that my capabilities and brain don't appear to measure up to yours ViTaMiHnM203, but I still enjoy playing the game what with my limited "tools". And I don't feel the least bit ashamed to ask for assistance, which I would freely give if I were able to help anyone. Your comments and help are very much appreciated. Thanks again and all the best.
pukey
pukey123

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:33 pm

[quote=""Grimples""]When your so far up the ladder look left for for the officer. If he aint there go up & turn right. Remove the aqua-lung. Stay close to the 1st angle you see, you should be clear from view of the left side of the ship & the Tirpitz. Wait for a one man patrol to show his head, shoot it :shock: . Then just work your way through them.
What level are you playing? try easy. You can practically walk up to them.[/quote]
Thanks Grimples: I;m about 4 rungs below the deck and can see a man on the left at the end of the passageway. He doesn't move, just reverses direction every 2-4 seconds. On the deck above there's at least 2-3 men. One is stationary by the stack (he moves once in a while) and the other 2 patrol constantly. I'm able to have this perspective thanks to ViTaMiHn203, by using 3rd person. However, so far my timing/judgement is rather poor because I've been killed many, many times. One way or the other I'll make it through. Your assistance is appreciated.
pukey
pukey123

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:37 pm

[quote=""pukey123""][quote=""Grimples""]When your so far up the ladder look left for for the officer. If he aint there go up & turn right. Remove the aqua-lung. Stay close to the 1st angle you see, you should be clear from view of the left side of the ship & the Tirpitz. Wait for a one man patrol to show his head, shoot it :shock: . Then just work your way through them.
What level are you playing? try easy. You can practically walk up to them.[/quote]
Thanks Grimples: I;m about 4 rungs below the deck and can see a man on the left at the end of the passageway. He doesn't move, just reverses direction every 2-4 seconds. On the deck above there's at least 2-3 men. One is stationary by the stack (he moves once in a while) and the other 2 patrol constantly. I'm able to have this perspective thanks to ViTaMiHn203, by using 3rd person. However, so far my timing/judgement is rather poor because I've been killed many, many times. One way or the other I'll make it through. Your assistance is appreciated.
pukey[/quote]

I forgot. Normal is the level at which I am playing.
pukey
pukey123

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:54 pm

You do not need to do as they tell you.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:44 pm

[quote=""Oldih""]
You do not need to do as they tell you.[/quote]

I know Oldih and thank you very much for your response, as well as your message outlining how you went about it. A long time ago I learned how to IMPROVISE in the Marine Corps and it saved my rear end a few times. I do very much appreciate your willingness to assist a slow, maybe dumb, gamer, who immensely enjoys this game. Grimples was also most helpful and I hope you read my reply to him. If either of you have any other ideas I would sure love to hear from you. My only problem is that I doubt I can help you folks who are so adept at this game. Thanks again.
pukey
pukey123

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:47 am

Well, I meant that I feel your not really thinking...

Like you arnt giving it 100% becuz you know you can just fall back on these forums and be told exactly what to do...

Just know; there are 2 boarding ladders on the port side, you might wanna use the ladder that is closest to the aft...

Grimples
Major

Unread post by Grimples » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:53 am

My only problem is that I doubt I can help you folks who are so adept at this game.
The reason we are so adept is because we/myself have played the game many, many times. I forget how many times i have played it.