tutoria hidden and dangerous 2

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:01 pm

Just bought this game and am stuck on the Tutorial. I have completed the Assault Course, then have difficulty driving the Jeep; but, when I get to the spot where I have to get an aqualung, etc., I am immediately spotted and tet Mission Failed; then back to the beginning.
Is there any way to avoid doing everything over again; or is there a way to "save" my progress? Or, to find a shortcut and start where I left off?
The game looks great and I don't know whether to wait to complete the Tutorial before getting into the campaign.
Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.
pukey123
pukey123

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:53 pm

I dont know if this game is for you...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:34 pm

[quote=""-ViTaMiHnM203-""]I dont know if this game is for you...[/quote]

Your response is a non sequitur, which speaks of your immaturity. Given your situation you probably don't understand Latin either. Are you 13 yet?
pukey123
pukey123

Lars
Commando

Unread post by Lars » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:33 pm

Patch the game and you would be able to skip the training .. don?t know if it was possible in the unpatched version to long ago :P

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:38 am

Being that you want to basically cheat your way through the training says sumthing about yourself aswell...

Your use of "non sequitur" is "non sequitur" in itself...

You do not need to understand latin as a whole to understand a literary device...

The literary and latin definitions are not precicly the same, aswell as the rest...

Givin "your" situation, yeh...

My Third Son will be 13 in June...

My original advice was self explanitory; you should complete the training on your own before continuing with the game...

P.S. :

If; Im atop the mosque tower, Im in Africa 3...
If; Im not atop the mosque tower, Im not in Africa 3?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:03 am

[quote=""-ViTaMiHnM203-""]Being that you want to basically cheat your way through the training says sumthing about yourself aswell...

Your use of "non sequitur" is "non sequitur" in itself...

You do not need to understand latin as a whole to understand a literary device...

The literary and latin definitions are not precicly the same, aswell as the rest...

Givin "your" situation, yeh...

My Third Son will be 13 in June...

My original advice was self explanitory; you should complete the training on your own before continuing with the game...

P.S. :

If; Im atop the mosque tower, Im in Africa 3...
If; Im not atop the mosque tower, Im not in Africa 3?[/quote]

I am not and have never tried to use cheats. I was only looking for advice on how to complete the mission. I don't mind failed missions, am only interested in '"saves'. Obviously you are a cheat, given your knowledge of the tactic; and if your son is 13, your mental status is about that - 13 - maybe even less, what with the diatribe you just issued. Don't go away mad mister, just go away.
pukey123

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:01 am

LoL, every1 has there own preconceptions and standards...

Sum people might find your opening insult against me to be immature...

Even continuing this conversation to be immature...

I said basically cheat; trying to use means other then what the game has laid out for you, is basically cheating to me...

Im under the impression that you are looking for "saves" that the game did not prescribe to you...

Dont respond sadly child, just respond...

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:30 am

Another friend for you Vitaminh!

You can skip the training mission if you want. Just press Esc to bring up the menu and press Skip Training. The aqualung section isn't easy since you don't know when it's safe to leave the building once you're inside. Getting inside should be easy though. Use stealth, go prone in the grass as you approach to reduce your visibility. Cut the fence behind the small building so he can't see you while you cut. Wait until he's on the other side of the complex and run to the door, complete the objective inside. It's then a bit of a gamble when you leave, try opening the door, staying inside and listening for his footsteps. Or just take a risk and run out, and hope he's not looking at you.

I hate how you can't save in the tutorial, makes it tedious when you fuck up.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:39 am

LoL, tho I find it easy enough to time the circumvention of the guard...

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:53 pm

In H&D2 Sabre Squadron, tutorial is useless because your soldier only gains 0.5kg more ability to carry, while in H&D2 original, you can get small boosts to your skill.

So if you play original, completed the assault course, shooting course, explosive course and then skip, if you find the rest too hard.

But in Sabre Squadron, it is pretty useless. But nevertheless, it is useful to get more familiar with the game.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:58 pm

[quote=""-ViTaMiHnM203-""]LoL, every1 has there own preconceptions and standards...

Sum people might find your opening insult against me to be immature...

Even continuing this conversation to be immature...

I said basically cheat; trying to use means other then what the game has laid out for you, is basically cheating to me...

Im under the impression that you are looking for "saves" that the game did not prescribe to you...

Dont respond sadly child, just respond...[/quote]

I forgot to mention that your vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure are appalling; meaning you are probably a baby boomer and a loony, lefty, liberal with values unknown to most normal people. I was born long before you even existed. I read about nuts like you every day of the week. Your idealistic view of "saving" is foreign to most veteran gamers like me and your idealistic opinion of cheating is infantile and immature. That's all there is from me poor soul. Signing off permanently; but it feels good to bug a character like you.
pukey
pukey123

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:01 pm

[quote=""Drozdov""]Another friend for you Vitaminh!

You can skip the training mission if you want. Just press Esc to bring up the menu and press Skip Training. The aqualung section isn't easy since you don't know when it's safe to leave the building once you're inside. Getting inside should be easy though. Use stealth, go prone in the grass as you approach to reduce your visibility. Cut the fence behind the small building so he can't see you while you cut. Wait until he's on the other side of the complex and run to the door, complete the objective inside. It's then a bit of a gamble when you leave, try opening the door, staying inside and listening for his footsteps. Or just take a risk and run out, and hope he's not looking at you.

I hate how you can't save in the tutorial, makes it tedious when you fuck up.[/quote]
Thank you very much Drozdov, a tried and true gentleman who helps poor souls like me. I sure appreciate your advice. I'm one of those guys that likes to finish everything I try, even a tutorial; but your advice is most helpful. It's also nice to know that there's at least one "normal" guy like me who likes to save as he goes along. All the best from the USA.
pukey
pukey123

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:46 pm

Glad that your the problem is now solved :)

But really, if you run H&D2 Sabre Squadron, just skip it, unless you want to get used for some parts of the game, since it does not boost your char stats up, while it does in original H&D2.

Nevertheless, it is pretty useful (as I told before) to get familiar in some parts, like practise to drive a jeep etc.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

pukey123
Lieutenant

Unread post by pukey123 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:55 pm

[quote=""Oldih""]Glad that your the problem is now solved :)

But really, if you run H&D2 Sabre Squadron, just skip it, unless you want to get used for some parts of the game, since it does not boost your char stats up, while it does in original H&D2.

Nevertheless, it is pretty useful (as I told before) to get familiar in some parts, like practise to drive a jeep etc.[/quote]

Thank you very much for your advice re: H&D2, which is the game I'm playing. I've completed all that you indicated would be helpful, but being stubborn I'm going to go at the aqua lung objective and hope to succeed, finally. Thanks again.
pukey
pukey123

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:33 pm

No problem, but I'm the left wing loon, Vitaminh is the right wing loon! :P
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]