Defending the oasis

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
Terjef
Private

Defending the oasis

Unread post by Terjef » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:07 pm

Hi,

I have been playing this game on and off since it came out. I always return to it since it still is the best game out there (of this kind).

I have played through the game many times and I therefore know most of the missions very well. But everytime I play the game over again, I tend to find out new things, which is part of what makes this game so great.

Well on to the topic. I was playing that defend oasis mission, third africa mission, and I had one man in disguise, so I had him go in and kill everyone quietly. Sadly one guy was left and I had to kill him with my gun. Hmmm, I thought, no matter he was the last guy, but then that text appeared, apparently a translation, that stated the base was under attack and reinforcement was needed. I had completely forgotten about that.

What I want to know is, if it is possible that they don't call in reinforcements, if you manage to kill everyone before they can radio out.

I will try again, but since I found this great forum, never knew about Hidden and Dangerous 2 community, I thought I would ask if anyone had any experience regarding this matter.

Thank you for your time.

Jason
Administrator

Defending the oasis

Unread post by Jason » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:34 am

Been a while since I played those missions but you were playing the day-light oasis mission right? and at the end the enemy had called for reinforcements? well isn't that why they attack at night, hence the next mission?

btw. welcome to the forums!
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Terjef
Private

Defending the oasis

Unread post by Terjef » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:53 am

Thank you.

It seems to me they will only start to radio out, when shots are heard.
I will try myself again, though I don't really think so, since it would leave out a mission. Would be nice though if you could change the objectives by the way you laid out your strategy.

Oldih
Global Moderator

Defending the oasis

Unread post by Oldih » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:40 pm

I have only experienced that when I am trying to sneak into the oasis, but when I have tried simple run?gun flank- tactic (I go from middle, Bren goes from left and my other guy goes right, last man backs up the tower with sniper\something) and haven?t got anything like that. Only when I once had a disguise on one soldier and tried to kill everyone quietly.

Perhaps another of these very funny bugs of H&D2? :P
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

HD2fan
Corporal

Re: Defending the oasis

Unread post by HD2fan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:15 am

I know this thread is old, but hey, I have advice for those people who currently have the issue.

You can not stop the next mission. Someone is going to call out, regardless. Part of the Storyline. However, some advice for the Night Mission.

Plant mines at all openings in the base, and ensure you did not kill the doctor in the Day Mission, as he joins forces with you, and, provided he is not shooting or holding anything Allied, he has a disguise, as well. Also, note, that if one or more of your men died, you can get replacements.

The intro scene changes, to where the man assigned to the 2 key is atop the tall tower with a red flair like object, waving it. A man parachutes down, and then they talk and salute. Pretty neat, considering most of the time, when you are on an Operation, you normally can not replace lost soldiers.

Jason
Administrator

Re: Defending the oasis

Unread post by Jason » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:01 am

Also, note, that if one or more of your men died, you can get replacements.

The intro scene changes, to where the man assigned to the 2 key is atop the tall tower with a red flair like object, waving it. A man parachutes down, and then they talk and salute. Pretty neat, considering most of the time, when you are on an Operation, you normally can not replace lost soldiers.
This is the second time I have read about this, just gave it a go, that's a pretty cool little addition. I always loved the twist in the original H&D game. It makes the missions more realistic when circumstances change.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial