Problems with Campaign 1 Mission 4 - Help please

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
peterm1
Private

Unread post by peterm1 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:07 pm

I am new to HD2 and have just started the first campaign finding its great -cannot put it down.

I successfully completed the first few missions in easy / lone wolf mode including mission 4 seton an ice berg in Norway. The system moved me on to the next campaign (you know the sort of thing - got the intro movie etc) and in fact I think I actually started the next campaign mission for a minute or two then quit to do some thing in the real world.

I also later downloaded a set of profiles of completed games in normal mode off the inet and gave these a spin before returning to my own profile to complete the next mission. But when I came back tto the campaign the game had kicked me back to the beginning of Campaign 1 Mission 4. Not knowing what else else to do, I played the damned thing again, got to the end, confirmed that I had completed all objectives by checking this in the mission status screen and in fact the system said I had finished (gave me hte big MISSION COMPLETED shot on the screen but when I hit 'finish" or whatever it refused to give me the option to save and move to the next mission. The only effective options were resume or start the mission again. So back I went and refinished the mission. Same story. To cut a long story short, I am stuck at his damned mission -not because I cannot finish it but because the system keeps kicking me back into it even after it confirms I have finished it.

I know this game had bugs but I am patched with the cumulative patch (the one which is 120 megs or thereabouts) which I think is the latest. Any ideas please??
PistolPete

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:39 am

It sounds like you are just playing the mission over in single missions...
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Malefactor
Private

Unread post by Malefactor » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:37 am

I ran into a similar problem when playing a campaign and switching between different profiles.When I returned to the profile I was playing the campaign with,the resume game option was grayed out and I had to start that campaign mission over again.

However,the last save I did have from that mission was still there. :o

I could only access that save by starting the mission over by going into the Single Player section ,then the Lone Wolf Campaign section,starting up the mission from the list,and then hitting the esc key after the mission has fully started,then load my save and pick right up where I left off. nods01

With any luck,perhaps your last save from that particular campaign mission is stil available.