help for Tirpitz scenario

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
panzerariete
Private

Unread post by panzerariete » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:22 pm

hello friends, I need your help again

I tried Tirpitz scenario for at least 10 times, but after i killed 2 guards on the smaller boat with rifle , the siren was always on, can you please tell me how I can accomplish this task?

Unfortunately I did not catch the knife as my equipment in the beginning of the scenario , so I can't kill the guard silently.

I play solo, no teammate at all, single play,difficulty level medium.

thanks in advance for your help

Lardassmonkey
Sergeant

Unread post by Lardassmonkey » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:01 pm

If you have no silenced weapons then I'm afriad you're stuffed. If the guards on the Tirpitz hear more than a couple of shots then thats it, game over. I think you may have to restart the mission & bring a knife at the very least.

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:09 pm

Suggested gear is to use DeLisle\Silenced Sten, I always favor DeLisle myself though, and also knife as backup.

Take two guys, other one carries the explosives for the Tirpitz and your own guy has that one for the patrol boat\whatever it is.

When you board, always move as slowly as you can, and try to avoid guards (and eliminating them, only if its necessary, and hide bodies, expect for those few inside).

Move slowly and remember to close doors after you enter the room(s), then navigate yourself to the other side of the of the boat. May take some time to find the correct door that leads inner boat but when you find it, you remember it.

After finding it, leave your subgear there, or if you want you can keep it on.

You can see a corridor, which has one guard. Take the guard out with DeLisle\Silenced Sten, and try to make it with one shot. After that, if you want, find a room where a german guy is sleeping. Shoot couple shots to wake him up, then capture him and take his uniform, leave your DeLisle\Silenced Sten there, and take weapon from the dead guard, if you want.

Then navigate to the commander?s quarters, not hard to find, use your disguise to get next to him and knife him, then just find the Enigma, get back, and take your subgear again, make sure the path is cleared to the closest side, and when it is, simply move to it, climb up the edge and you will drop to the ocean. You take some damage from this, so it is suggested to have full health when doing this. Then simply swim back to extraction point.

Or as you play solo, you have to take all explosives yourself, which leaves less space for ammo, but its not hard to avoid unnecessary ammo spent.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

Drozdov
Major

Unread post by Drozdov » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:55 pm

The most important thing about this mission is never to let the enemy fire even a single shot at you, and of course, don't use a loud weapon. It's possible to kill all the crew silently, even when alone, although I've never played this mission with no team mates. Since you'll have less space for ammo it'd be wiser to take a silenced sten, giving you more bullets - it's also better for the mission, since it's at close combat, and if you miss the first shot at an enemy with the de lisle or only wound him, then he's guaranteed to fire at least one bullet at you - even if this doesn't kill you, the alarm on the tirpitz will be raised and the mission will fail. So take a silenced sten, and keep firing till you're sure he's dead!

The hardest part of this mission for me is usually getting from the sea into the boat - you have to time it exactly right or you'll be seen before you're even at the top of the ladder.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:48 am

Simplest way to get to the sea is simply jump overboard, right near the door which leads to the inner boat.

You need full health to do this, and you have about 1\4 left when you hit the sea but if you do it correctly, no-one sees you jumping off.

panzerariete
Private

Unread post by panzerariete » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:30 pm

thanks fot the help

it seems to me I need to restart the game because i realy need silenced weapons

last time I could not go back to the very beginning where I can select my weapons, I will try again

Oldih
Global Moderator

Unread post by Oldih » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:47 am

Oh and by the way, if you kill someone in deck and no-one didn?t hear it\saw it, move body close to ship?s edge, drop body there, as close as possible, and push it off the deck to the ocean. I?ve done this several times and no-one didn?t know where that guy went :P

This one simple plan reguires good timing but not impossible.

First plant the mines to Tirpitz, then to the sweeper. Make save if possible.

Then rise up withint he ropeladder, go immediatly to the right as slow as possible, aka sneaking, then as you find a turret\something, go left to it, and then turn left from there.

96% chance you see a guard there, shoot it, take it, move it close to the edge as possible, drop, and use your sneaking to push him off board.

Then you see a door before the stairway, go inside it, close door, take your subgear off.

To straight forward, the door on the right leads nowhere. Then you see a guard I mentioned earlier, knife or shoot him. Then check all the rooms, and in one you find a German who is sleeping (next to that door should read "techician" in German), shoot couple of shots to wake him up, capture, take his clothes, drop your Silenced Sten\DeLisle, take weapon from the stabbed\shot guard at the corridor.

Then find the admiral\captain of the ship, use your disguise to get close to him, stab him, take Enigma from his room, check the floor, you find a *door* and after it another *door*, and then book of Enigma codes. Take it with you so you have one optional objective done.

Get back, take your subgear, move to the edge where you dropped that guard to ocean, climb up and drop yourself down and get back to the dropship.

That is possibly the simplest way to do this mission :P