africa mission

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
ewaterval
Private

africa mission

Unread post by ewaterval » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:44 pm

hello
i have problems in the africa mission. When I have set free the prisoners, I hear the telefone ring and then the quards appear. After that I get a message that the sentries have been replaced and that I din't reacht teh mission objective. What can I do??
please help me
contact me at ewaterval@yahoo.com

Drozdov
Major

africa mission

Unread post by Drozdov » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:47 pm

Unfortunately there's a time limit for this mission, which I didn't notice till almost too late. The counter is hidden somewhre on the screen. Sounds like you've maybe exceeded it, so I think you'll have to start the mission again.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

Oldih
Global Moderator

africa mission

Unread post by Oldih » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:23 am

Yes, there is a 20 - 30 minute time limit in this mission, so you need to be swift from your actions.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words

LondonSAS
Sergeant

africa mission

Unread post by LondonSAS » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:39 pm

Its an optional objective, or at least it has no impact on your ability to finish the mission. I think the time limit gets shorter with each difficulty level. On easy, medium and even hard to a lesser degree its quite straightforward getting the yanks out and leaving the town within the time, although I'm fooked if I know where the counter is to tell where you are timewise.
On Very Hard (yeah, here I go again BerryRacer before you come out with your usual muppet comments) where you have to put more thought into your approach, and obviously it takes longer, tis a bitch of a task to do it in time. I've done it once in about 20 attempts.
End of the day though its only a satisfaction thing and doesn't stop you completing the level.

Malefactor
Private

africa mission

Unread post by Malefactor » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:12 pm

The countdown timer for that mission is located on the tab that shows your stance,prone,crouched,running,walking etc.

ewaterval
Private

africa mission

Unread post by ewaterval » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:29 pm

thanks for the advice, I will try again

Oldih
Global Moderator

africa mission

Unread post by Oldih » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:45 pm

On normal difficulty, it is possible to finish the mission within 10 minutes, if you dont want so silent approach (I found this really unnecessary, I mean silent approach, as making tactic about it was quite hard due the guards at the wall).

So one way is to eguip one man with rifle\something, one with Sten, one with other SMG, like Thompson, or other gun, and one with BAR.

Then fight your way in from west entrance, use voice commands to order your troops to more beter positions if necessary.

After you fight your way in, and you have found the pilots, then just defend the area til enemy reinforcements are taken out, and if you want, you can exit the same way you came in, but if you dont, then you can exit through east entrance and blow up the radio while doing it.

Myself I completed the mission that way, and took about 10 minutes only.

But on hard, and very hard, you need to think three times before doing something.
Even the defeated pretend to elevate their wisdom and words