Houndsmith Capers

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
LondonSAS
Sergeant

Houndsmith Capers

Unread post by LondonSAS » Wed May 25, 2005 10:15 am

Been playing SS since I, sorry I mean IT, was released, and it never occurred to me til last night, on the second Houndsmith mission at the farmhouse to see what use I could put the halftracks to that are parked outside. One you can't start, but the other kicked into life and off I went. Opened the main doors and laid a BAR man and an MP44 dude down covering the courtyard and left hand buildings, them moved my sniper out into the field to the left of the farm, so he had a view of the end of the farm farthest from the entrance.
Took the halftrack round and entered the courtyard.....fuck me, never had so much fun. All the krauts come steaming out of the buildings and start running around like mullet haired, sunlounger stealing fools. Some you can run over with the haftrack, the others go blundering into your machine gunners or get some good old British lead from the sniper. Finished off by jamming the halftrack against the door of a building that three squareheads took refuge in, then tipped in a couple of mills bombs through the open door.
Anyone else done the halftrack rampage?

Finished Brothers In Arms last night too, and just made an observation. I enjoyed it although very linear, but it was spoilt for me by all the schmaltzy american hollywood shite. The last mission D+8 isn't a mission at all, but just a video of your squad congratulating themselves on winning the war single handed and a load of homo male bonding scenes. Compare that with that classic moment in H&D Sabre Squadron when that very rare animal, a Frenchman that hasn't surrendered, thanks our heroes for doing such a great job in Houndsmith 1 and he just says "forget about it, we're soldiers, and we're doing our job"....English cool....... We are a blessed people indeed :)

Jackass
Lieutenant

Houndsmith Capers

Unread post by Jackass » Wed May 25, 2005 1:00 pm

I agree! English rocks - American sucks! 8)
Nvidia GeForce FX 5950 Ultra - Intel Pentium 4 3.4

Proud member of Butcher & Bolt

Drozdov
Major

Houndsmith Capers

Unread post by Drozdov » Thu May 26, 2005 1:21 am

You're just trying to get a moralistic condemnation from me so you can label me one of those evil PC Brigadiers again.

Never did the halftrack rampage in SS, though I did one on Gin Send Off. Fun! I didn't realise any of the halftracks were drivable on that mission. I have done a rampage in co-op mode using the staff car, though... bit more challenging. Managed to squash about 10 of the buggers before one of them got the engine with an MP40, though I escaped before it exploded (and knifed the culprit, who was still stupidly staring at the burnt-out car). Running people over in cars isn't as fun as it was in H&D 1, though. The Germans fell apart when you hit them at high speed. :twisted: But cars were even easier to destroy back then, so it was a bit of a suicidal tactic.

Wait till you go back and play Brothers in Arms again, then you'll realise how incredibley boring and constrictive it is. I enjoyed it the first time through, but it just becomes a pain towards the end. That last mission was ridiculous. None of the 'homo' male (you seem very insecure about homosexuality) bonding is convincing.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

LondonSAS
Sergeant

Houndsmith Capers

Unread post by LondonSAS » Thu May 26, 2005 8:19 am

Drozdov..don't let your new rank go to your head :D Sure BIA is fun, and like MoH should be treated as such, nothing more. I'm gonna play it on hard and see if its playable at all. Methinks maybe not. You cannot take direct control of squad members unlike H&D, and even though you tell, say, your fire team to find cover, you get some hero jumping out and firing at a tank, or running in front of, not behind, the cover you've directed them at. Seems to me no matter how cute you get at squad management, the AI will fuck it up for you.
I ain't gonna rise to he homo thing.......cos I don't like em means I secretly am one right? Hehe, don't like fat people, gingers, or Jocks come to that, so following your logic I'm secretly a fat ginger haired scottish poof!!! :D

Drozdov
Major

Houndsmith Capers

Unread post by Drozdov » Thu May 26, 2005 3:30 pm

Fat, ginger jock right here! fingers01
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

AK
Private

Houndsmith Capers

Unread post by AK » Fri May 27, 2005 4:13 am

Started and successfully completed a few missions with nothing more than camouflage fatigues, a Fairbyrn-Skyes, and some stolen German hardware.

What is it, the first mission in S-Sqn that's in the "Burgundy" series under Co-Op MP options. Ah, damn it all.

Crawl across from my DZ to the road, crawl across that, knife two Germans, "liberate" some gear, "liberate" an MP-40, then go "liberate" a G-43, and slaughter everything.

Good times, good times.
-- A better signature is coming soon.