ponte grande

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
Drozdov
Major

ponte grande

Unread post by Drozdov » Tue May 10, 2005 9:09 pm

Having tried my tactics in SP mode, I've realised they don't work anywhere near as well as they do in co-op. For three reasons, the PAK has 5 shots instead of 8, the tanks are harder to destroy (the Tiger is almost impossible, you have to hit it in the back), and the Italian blows the bridge much quicker than in co-op.

Here's what I did in SP:

I put an lmg guy and a sniper next to the left PAK 40 and left them there, they do a good job of massacring the Italians on the other side of the bridge at the start. My other two guys, one with a rifle (my leader which I controlled most of the time), the other with a rifle and an SMG, went on the right side immediately, killed the Italians who come up the slope on our side. I then collected the other two soldiers you can control and made a pincer attack on the under side of the bridge, defused the explosives and moved up the right side of town. By this time the first tanks arrived, which I blew up with the PAK 40 (best to aim slightly low on the tanks, at their tracks, though it's really just a case of luck). I left my attack team covering the sides of the building on the right side close to the edge of the ravine while I controlled the sniper and wiped out the soldiers who came with the panzers. I then positioned my rifleman and the de lisle soldier at the wall facing the direction of the Tiger group attack, and moved the BAR gunner and my rifle/SMG guy up to cover the street. I controlled the sniper again and tried to blow up the Tiger with the PAK, but it's almost impossible to do it in 2 shots. Eventually managed to get it in one shot by landing a shell on its back, but I don't think using the PAK on very hard would be feasible. Just hide a guy on the other side with a sticky bomb and get it, shouldn't be too hard.

About the Italian thing, it's not about being 'politically correct' (I find it funny that people think that's a bad thing, the word is 'correct' you know), it's about not being offensive/stupid/an arsehole. You went completely over the top. It's neither clever or amusing.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

Berry_Racer
Lieutenant

ponte grande

Unread post by Berry_Racer » Wed May 11, 2005 5:48 am

Sorry SASLondan i didnt quite understand your meaning and no your spellings fine :? ........ no hard feelings :twisted:

See you on the battle field :P

LondonSAS
Sergeant

ponte grande

Unread post by LondonSAS » Wed May 11, 2005 11:40 am

Pte Berry Racer (aka Dead Meat), you shot the wrong dude, I'm the one behind you with the Thompson just about to kill your antipodean ass!! :)

LondonSAS
Sergeant

ponte grande

Unread post by LondonSAS » Wed May 11, 2005 1:12 pm

Droz
Politically correct is a bad thing cos its about banning St. George's flags on St. George's day and teaching 5 year olds about gay lifestyles. If you think thats a good thing, well, I'm sorry I wasted valuable typing time on you.
Working on the assumption that you just didnt think the eyetie thing was funny, which is fair enuff, I tend to laugh more at my own humour than other people do anyway :D, lets bury it and I'll be more thoughtful about who I make fun of on here.
I like the sound of your approach. I was playing the mission last night, and was making hard work of it. Its interesting to see that you're so trusting in the AI. My experience is that its just not up to the job, but maybe my choice of team is inappropriate. I look at the mix for the whole game as opposed to individual missions, and don't like to change unless sniping is a real must, as the skill improvements disappear are wasted.
My team comprises Doc Bennett, Glesby, Smith and Jenkins, good mix of health, stealth, strength and sniping, but the only really decent shot is Jenkins. Who do you use?

Drozdov
Major

ponte grande

Unread post by Drozdov » Wed May 11, 2005 5:04 pm

The AI do a decent job of shooting at people if that's all they're being asked to do. They work well in ponte grande since it's high visibility, so they have no problems seeing most targets. I did occasionally switch to control my sniper during the mission to pop off some of the better hidden/further away italians. My team consisted of Gaffer Cunningham (rifleman/medic), Basil Elliot (SMG/Rifle), Thomas Wright (LMG), and Arthur Harris (Sniper). It probably helped that I had people with good shooting being controlled by the AI.

That's not what being politically correct is about, that's just what the right wing media say it's about. Banning St George's flags on St George's day is stupid, but there's no reason kids shouldn't be taught about homosexuality as a way of ending prejudice. Politically correct is about not being racist/sexist/homophobic, or at least, not appearing so. Anyway enough about that, this is the wrong board for this kind of debate.
"Nothing is more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

[1st Fallschirmjager Division]

LondonSAS
Sergeant

ponte grande

Unread post by LondonSAS » Thu May 12, 2005 9:24 am

That's just it though my old son (and this really is my last word on the subject), who the fuck says we've all gotta like and get on with foreigners, accept homosexuality as anything but a moral outrage, and not think a woman's place is at home raising the children? The PC brigade, of which you appear to be one, dismiss any other line as wrong, and use tactics to impose their view which make the Nazis which we all like to shoot on H&D look like woolly liberals. You got your views, others have theirs, you aint God so don't judge cos you don't agree with it.
Now please, lets not antagonise each other, and drop it.
LondonSAS