Carnage on Deadfish SS C1M1

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
ReeseFingers
Private

Carnage on Deadfish SS C1M1

Unread post by ReeseFingers » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:35 am

Hey guys.

Reinstalled HaD2 and Sabre Squadron the other day after I had a sudden urge to play it again. Was pleasantly surprised to find there's still a community playing it!

Anyway, on to why I'm here. I played through HaD2 on carnage and went on to SS but I keep getting stuck on the first mission Deadfish. I keep getting stuck with 2 enemies left to kill :-? I've restarted the mission atleast three times now with the same result. I've even run around the entire map back and forth "going hot" firing loud weapons to try and make any enemies that may be indoors (like in the barracks areas) come out, but nothing... I can't think where they might be. And yes, I've taken out the guard in the very southern gatehouse on the map.

Anyone else had this problem or know where the remaining enemies are?

Much appreciated!

jacobston
Lieutenant

Re: Carnage on Deadfish SS C1M1

Unread post by jacobston » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:16 am

Hey,

Sorry it took so long to reply. I personally have never had much of an interest in carnage, so I've never played that mode very much, but I will try that mission and see if I have the same problem

I'll let you know if I find anything thup01

jacobston
Lieutenant

Unread post by jacobston » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:43 am

OK, so I just played the mission and managed to find all of the enemies.

Did you look in the barracks on the south side of the base? There is the Captain in the one room, and he may be hard to find. There is also the other room on that side where the additional troops spawn if the alarm is raised.

Also, when you restarted the mission, did you just click "restart" on the pause menu or exit out to the main menu and select your equipment over again? If you haven't, I suggest you go all the way back and select your equipment again, as this will force the game to completely reload the mission (Just in case there is a scripting bug at work here, sometimes restarting the mission won't fix it).

Let me know if this helps nods01

ReeseFingers
Private

Unread post by ReeseFingers » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:12 am

Thanks for the reply. No worries being late, I've been pretty busy myself.

So I just tried it again from scratch (reselected equipment and all that) and still have the same problem. Spent the better part of 30 minutes just running around the compound trying every door on the map and shooting them to try script any potential enemies behind them to come out but nothing.

I know the captain you're talking about and I've taken him out. At this stage I'm just super frustrated because it means I can't continue on with the campaign. Is there some way I can "cheat" through that mission so I can go on?

jacobston
Lieutenant

Unread post by jacobston » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:27 am

If you are OK waiting a little bit longer, I could upload a save file with the mission completed so you can pick up from there, or there is probably on already available on the net somewhere.

jacobston
Lieutenant

Unread post by jacobston » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:24 pm

I quickly completed the mission today, and you can download this profile to continue the campaign.

Either unzip that folder into the profiles folder in your H&D2 main directory, or you can try taking the files from that profile and copying them into an existing profile.

I completed it on easy difficulty for time's sake, so if you want it on another difficulty level you can use the H&D2 Profile Changer to set it to whatever difficulty you like.
Attachments
CAR_DeadfishComplete.zip
(697.06 KiB) Downloaded 752 times

ReeseFingers
Private

Unread post by ReeseFingers » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:57 am

Ah awesome! Thanks so much for that :grin:

Will just add it to my profile then