How much time?

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
geosouv
Lieutenant

How much time?

Unread post by geosouv » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I am playing C7M1 OPERATION LIBERATOR: BILLABLE ENTRY.

The walkthrough I am reading (I am only using it to find out the hidden objectives - I have my own strategy :cool: ) says that the level is timed and if you are too late Trebbisky is killed. I have already finished this level on campaign, lone wolf and carnage on normal difficulty level and it seems I am too slow because I always find him dead. I am replaying the campaign mode on hard difficulty level and I really want to see what happens in the game if you get there in time. Does any one know how much time my men have? There is no clock counting backwards unfortunately. Has anyone managed to get there in time? I am quite slow when playing FPS games and this mission makes it too hard on me. :sad:
Don't think you know who you are, know who you are

Duke0196
Captain

Re: How much time?

Unread post by Duke0196 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:37 pm

I have never seen anything that actually gives the time. Obviously, it would be a bit unrealistic to have a countdown but it would be nice to know if you were messing around in a single mission.

FYI, you´ll experience another time related objective in in Sabre Squadron.

geosouv
Lieutenant

Unread post by geosouv » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:41 pm

What does FYI mean? I know most abbreviations but not this one. Is there a timer given in SS? Is it at all possible to find Trebbisky alive? I tried my best to get there in time today and I think I wasn't that slow but found him dead again frown01

By the way, the strategies you offered for this mission where superb. Indeed my mistake was that I didn't use stealth at all, while this mission requires some stealth. I did find the drunk soldier by the way and took his uniform. I also read the manual and it was very clear about the disguise bar. Once I read it I realized its use immediately and saw it in practice. Very cool.

This game has very detailed gameplay and a ton of replay value. Of course, once more I forgot that you have to get rid of any allied weaponry you have before the disguise can have an effect and that's why the bar wasn't filling up. Very realistic indeed. I later realized the mistake, fortunately. I love the fact that you can steal everything from dead enemies, especially the MP40 is very handy and a lot more accurate than the bloody sten gun! I had to use a parabellum pistol in order to have some sort of weapon to enter the main building and it was a great experience.

Of course there is no view of pistols' sights in this game which was a bit annoying. One thing that is negative is that there are hidden objectives that should appear as secondary objectives like in Deus Ex 1. Only the primary objectives appear on the mission info :-? Was that done deliberately? What do you think? My opinion is that they simply forgot to write the secondary objectives.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:54 am

No, they are hidden objectives, not secondary objectives. You are awarded/rewarded for being thorough.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:08 am

geosouv wrote:What does FYI mean? I know most abbreviations but not this one.
Sorry George. FYI = For your information.
geosouv wrote:Is there a timer given in SS?
Yes, but only when you are setting explosives. There are no countdown timers for time-based objectives.
geosouv wrote: Is it at all possible to find Trebbisky alive?
Yes, but I don't want to say more as it would be a very big spoiler.
geosouv wrote: I tried my best to get there in time today and I think I wasn't that slow but found him dead again frown01
Yes, but it sounds like you are getting there. Its just timing. The higher the level the less time you have to get to Trebbisky. You might try a single mission in Normal. Obviously, if you can't get to him alive in Normal ... chances are you won't be able to do it in Hard. If anything, you'll get the satisfaction of getting to him alive and you can adjust you strategy as needed.
geosouv wrote: By the way, the strategies you offered for this mission where superb. Indeed my mistake was that I didn't use stealth at all, while this mission requires some stealth. I did find the drunk soldier by the way and took his uniform. I also read the manual and it was very clear about the disguise bar. Once I read it I realized its use immediately and saw it in practice. Very cool.
Glad to hear it. :grin:
geosouv wrote: This game has very detailed gameplay and a ton of replay value. Of course, once more I forgot that you have to get rid of any allied weaponry you have before the disguise can have an effect and that's why the bar wasn't filling up. Very realistic indeed. I later realized the mistake, fortunately.
Yep, the only thing you can get away with is an allied knife.
geosouv wrote:I love the fact that you can steal everything from dead enemies, especially the MP40 is very handy and a lot more accurate than the bloody sten gun!
Plus the sights are easier to use.
geosouv wrote: I had to use a parabellum pistol in order to have some sort of weapon to enter the main building and it was a great experience.
You're getting there ... I'm sure we'll hear you got to him. :grin:
geosouv wrote:Of course there is no view of pistols' sights in this game which was a bit annoying.
You do have the option to allow crosshairs. If you still have problems ... change your first to first-person to make aiming the pistol easier.
geosouv wrote: One thing that is negative is that there are hidden objectives that should appear as secondary objectives like in Deus Ex 1. Only the primary objectives appear on the mission info :-? Was that done deliberately? What do you think? My opinion is that they simply forgot to write the secondary objectives.
I'm sure it was deliberate. I'm it was to add a bit of replay ability as the gamer searched around to see if he could find more stuff.

geosouv
Lieutenant

Unread post by geosouv » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:21 am

Duke0196 wrote: I'm sure it was deliberate. I'm it was to add a bit of replay ability as the gamer searched around to see if he could find more stuff.
Yeah, I guess you are right. Well I guess I suck at strategy (that's why I don't play pure strategy games) because it's impossible for me to get to Trebbisky before they beat him to death :cry: I guess I'll never see him alive. Damn it. Well, at least I am a good sniper and crackshot, you can't really have it all! Do you think It'll be difficult for me to finish Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 in normal difficulty, since I am not very good at tactics? Oh what the hell, if I have any courage left I'll try replaying this damn mission in normal difficulty single mission mode. Are you sure I will have more time on normal difficulty level?

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:55 am

geosouv wrote:Well I guess I suck at strategy (that's why I don't play pure strategy games) because it's impossible for me to get to Trebbisky before they beat him to death :cry: I guess I'll never see him alive. Damn it.
Like I said, try it on Normal to develop your timing. You have to learn how to walk before you can run. Plus, you'll get the satisfaction of seeing him alive. Just consider it training for the real thing.
geosouv wrote:Well, at least I am a good sniper and crackshot, you can't really have it all!
People have their strengths and weaknesses.
geosouv wrote: Do you think It'll be difficult for me to finish Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 in normal difficulty, since I am not very good at tactics?
I don't think you'll have a problem as you seem to be willing to learn tactics and strategy. Just search the web for strategies, etc. There is a good chance the question you have may have been asked before.

Just remember the gameplay in H&D and BIA series are very different. It is first person and you assume the character of Matt Baker in RTH30 & HH (Hell's Hwy) or Red Hartsock in Earned in Blood. You'll start off learning how to control yourself, later you'll gain a Fire Team, and later an Assault Team. They will even add a Heavy Weapons team in Hell's Hwy. Because of the storyline, and there is a storyline, deaths are scripted ... so someone that is wounded under your command will be around later.
geosouv wrote:Oh what the hell, if I have any courage left I'll try replaying this damn mission in normal difficulty single mission mode.
Never say die!
geosouv wrote: Are you sure I will have more time on normal difficulty level?
Am I totally sure? No, since I have never timed it but I did read it somewhere before. I'm guessing it might have been on some other H&D fansite which no longer exists.

geosouv
Lieutenant

Unread post by geosouv » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:12 am

Duke0196 wrote:I don't think you'll have a problem as you seem to be willing to learn tactics and strategy. Just search the web for strategies, etc. There is a good chance the question you have may have been asked before.
Well, I played the mission again, on normal difficulty and single mission mode. Once more I was too late. I can't do this, I quit, it is impossible for me, besides I have a ton of games to finish, I won't spend the rest of my life trying something which my brain cannot accomplish. I guess I am slow but I think most marksmen are slow compared to ordinary soldiers. Besides, I already read a walkthrough and it revealed to me what happens when you get to Trebbisky in time, so there is not much to look for.

I really don't think there is a difference in the timer between hard and normal levels. I think it is the same. Who can tell if there is no clock to watch?

I am willing to learn tactics and strategy but I think these stuff are like: Either you have it in you or you don't. I don't think there is a lot of margin for improvement.

By the way: What was your favorite strategy in this game? Did you mostly use stealth tactics and silent weapons or noisy weapons and classic FPS style? Where you an experienced tactical shooter player before H&D2? My only experience was H&D Deluxe in which I was getting killed all the time, but that was on hard difficulty.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:34 am

geosouv wrote:Either you have it in you or you don't. I don't think there is a lot of margin for improvement.
I agree. How old are you? Like fifteen? If so, come back to it when you are older. It could prove to be the debilitating factor.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:52 am

geosouv wrote:Well, I played the mission again, on normal difficulty and single mission mode. Once more I was too late. I can't do this, I quit, it is impossible for me, besides I have a ton of games to finish, I won't spend the rest of my life trying something which my brain cannot accomplish. I guess I am slow but I think most marksmen are slow compared to ordinary soldiers. Besides, I already read a walkthrough and it revealed to me what happens when you get to Trebbisky in time, so there is not much to look for.
Sorry you feel that way. True you know the end result but it is still an interesting cut-scene. You could always try it on Easy. Like I said ... consider the easier levels as training. Don't be so easy to give up.
geosouv wrote:By the way: What was your favorite strategy in this game? Did you mostly use stealth tactics and silent weapons or noisy weapons and classic FPS style?
I used what the situation dictated so it was really a combination of everything.
geosouv wrote:Where you an experienced tactical shooter player before H&D2? My only experience was H&D Deluxe in which I was getting killed all the time, but that was on hard difficulty.
Well, I'm not sure how you define "experienced" but yes I had played similar games. I liked Deadly Dozen 2 because of its Pacific War focus and many consider it an H&D clone. I was really heavy into the Ghost Recon series and the Rainbow Six series before that; and messed around with a game called "Seal Team" (still have it) in the early 90s. Lets just say I've been exposed to the genre. :lol:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:39 am

Duke0196 wrote:
geosouv wrote: Are you sure I will have more time on normal difficulty level?
Am I totally sure? No, since I have never timed it but I did read it somewhere before. I'm guessing it might have been on some other H&D fansite which no longer exists.
According to the Official Prima Strategy guide you have 60-65 mins on Easy, 30-35 mins on Normal, 15-20 mins on Hard and 10 mins on the highest difficulty.

There perfect strategy really is to go right, sneak through the empy field (surrounded by fence) then attack the drunk guard to get him uniform in the building just behind the field then continue on to the big building. Stay low and silent but move swiftly :lol:

geosouv
Lieutenant

Unread post by geosouv » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:36 pm

Thank you Jason,

I think I will try it on "easy" because I still want to see what happens to Trebbisky. There is a slight problem there though. I have to make a profile on easy as I have never played it at that level.

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:33 pm

geosouv wrote:Thank you Jason,

I think I will try it on "easy" because I still want to see what happens to Trebbisky. There is a slight problem there though. I have to make a profile on easy as I have never played it at that level.
Another possibility is to save one of your completed profiles in the easy level
Go to Major Disaster's H&D2 downloads and download the profile changer utility and follow the directions.
http://belknapenterprises.com/Hnd2/

Duke0196
Captain

Unread post by Duke0196 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:52 pm

geosouv wrote:I think I will try it on "easy" because I still want to see what happens to Trebbisky. There is a slight problem there though. I have to make a profile on easy as I have never played it at that level.
¿So Georgios, did you ever check out the Trebbisky cut-scene? :?:

geosouv
Lieutenant

Unread post by geosouv » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi Duke,

How did you find out my name? Did you use a translator like google? Actually, I haven't played it on easy because I don't want to download the profile changer. I don't trust the download. I don't have a profile on easy difficulty. Anyway, I don't really care about that mission anymore. I recently bought Courage Under Fire and I will be playing Sabre Squadron quite soon. Perhaps you can tell me exactly what the cutscene shows, if it's not too much trouble? I am done with H&D 2, moving on to the expansion pack.

I am also playing B. Sokal's Paradise at the moment, along with Half-Life 2 and Soldier Of Fortune 2 (that one is really a sweet shooter). Half-Life 2 and Paradise both have puzzles and Paradise seems very hard although I am still exploring the first area. I am guessing it will take me more time than Secret Files: Tunguska, to finish the game but that's alright.

Duke, you seem to be pretty good at adventure games. I mean, you just started Syberia and you are already at the world. You should consider playing adventure games more often. I pretty much suck at adventure games but love them anyway :sad:

Take care.