Libya 3 Coop German Outpost Objective Solo

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
Foxsch
Corporal

Libya 3 Coop German Outpost Objective Solo

Unread post by Foxsch » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:49 pm

While it seems a common strategy in coop mode, to play Libya 3 at least some of the way past the German Outpost objective before claiming it (the reason behind this strategy, is that killing as many enemy on the map before claiming the outpost will lead to far less reinforcements arriving when the outpost gets shelled. I thought I'd share with players a neat way of getting past that first objective, if you get stuck on a server on your own.
Take a Sniper Rifle and immediately head for the opposite cliff to the spawnpoint.
Crouch and Run along the foot of the cliff until you come to the slope leading up to the left. Be careful; on Hard and Very Hard levels some of the enemies in the outpost will try a few, sometimes deadly, shots as you run.
Climb the ramp to more or less the highest and farthest right point, and snipe the enemy you can see, around 14 enemy.
Move back down the slope, and to trigger any reinforcements, snipe the nearest enemy inside the outpost. You'll need to move to the right to do this, he will only be partly visible adn you may need to shoot him in the arm and leg a few times before he goes down.
About 5 very skilled fighters will come running out - snipe these.
Keeping as far back against the cliff as possible move to a position where you can pick off the two guards near the live ack-gun truck, kill the gunner of course. One shot between the glacis plates of the gun, leaning into a shot, normally does the trick - bearing in mind that there is one enemy, who can use a heavy mg, hidden behind, and to the left of the outpost - at this time, behind you and still alive.
Move nearer to the flak-gun truck and several enemy will come running and shooting towards you from the other side of the truck, some way off in the distance.
Plenty of time if you are accurate, to pick them off before they get to you.
When they are dead, collect as many grenades as you can carry - around 9 is more than enough.
Then go back to nearer the outpost. The last Officer will come out and may surrender.
When the attack is imminent, climb onto the middle of the roof of the outpost and keep still.
The five minutes will pass and you will be surrounded by deployed enemy.
If you stay prone, it is possible to lob grenades onto the enemy, killing them all.
The worst thing to look out for are the two snipers up on the cliffs behind you. If you can, kill all the enemy on the ground with grenades, and do not shoot, until you are back on the ground, and able to avoid the sniper fire. Objective competed!
Stealth, Cooperation & Tactics

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Re: Libya 3 Coop German Outpost Objective Solo

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:24 pm

Or you can just get on top of the outpost and shoot them all... grin01
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Foxsch
Corporal

Unread post by Foxsch » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:28 pm

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote: Or you can just get on top of the outpost and shoot them all... grin01
Sounds Great ViTaMiHnM203 ~ but those Snipers are pretty mean when they spot you - and once the men on the ground know where you are, it doesn't take long for one of them to remember he has hand-grenades

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:21 am

I have never been surrounded up there, unless playing with many idiots. :mrgreen: The snipers behind you can be dealt with after the attack, during the attack you can kill the other as he moves into position.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Foxsch
Corporal

Unread post by Foxsch » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:29 am

I've never noticed that you can spot the snipers moving into position ~ I'll look out for that V-M203 ta

Foxsch
Corporal

Unread post by Foxsch » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:43 pm

Would anyone know whether the Libya 3 map design, particularly the Liberator crash site was based on any historical fact or event. I'm hinting at the legendary 'Lady Be Good' B24 crash (Libya 1943), which turned up in the 1950's....?

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:57 pm

Foxsch wrote: Would anyone know whether the Libya 3 map design, particularly the Liberator crash site was based on any historical fact or event. I'm hinting at the legendary 'Lady Be Good' B24 crash (Libya 1943), which turned up in the 1950's....?
Wow that is a very sad story :sad: and the model shown on the wiki page looks like in the game, so I would say it's probably something they were inspired by.
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

Foxsch
Corporal

Unread post by Foxsch » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:23 am

Could be...