destroying the tiger tank in the second sicily mission

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
kaplan71
Private

destroying the tiger tank in the second sicily mission

Unread post by kaplan71 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:20 pm

Hi there --

I am at the point in the second sicily mission where the second group of reinforcements arrive along with the tiger tank. I am trying to come up with an effective way of destroying the tank. I have three of my team on the side of the river where the tank is located, and the other three on the opposite bank with the Pak 40 field guns. One member of the first group has a bazooka with two rounds available.

I had several questions concerning the destruction of the tank:

1. Will one or two rounds from the bazooka into the rear of the tank destroy it?
2. Where are the sticky bombs located, and are they effective?
3. Can someone using one of the Pak 40 guns on the opposite bank destroy the tank?

Thanks.

Jason
Administrator

Re: destroying the tiger tank in the second sicily mission

Unread post by Jason » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:58 pm

1. To be honest I am not sure, it is the least effective way though
2. Definitely, they are normally in the inventory of the AI SAS soldier on the right side of the bridge that has the BAR
3. Yes you can,  takes a while to get use to firing it
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

kaplan71
Private

Re: destroying the tiger tank in the second sicily mission

Unread post by kaplan71 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:29 pm

Hi there --

Thanks for your reply. I tried the bazooka option, and it worked in destroying the tank. The bazooka man was lying prone in the ruins just in front of the incline. The strategy I used was to allow the tank to pass by, and take its position in destroying the bridge. Timing was important for the next part. After the tank came to a halt, and aimed its main gun at the bridge, I came up behind the it, and at close range fired one shot into the back of the tank destroying it.