destroying second tank in c2m2 operation heat snakebite

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
kaplan71
Private

destroying second tank in c2m2 operation heat snakebite

Unread post by kaplan71 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:46 pm

Hi there --

I am at the point in the second mission where I need to destroy the second tank. This is the one that is off to the rear right of the machine gun nest. I have the panzershreck in my possession, and while I try to snipe at the tank from the ridge, I am unable to get a hit to destroy it.

I also tried sneaking up to the tank from below, and I always get killed. I also tried running along the ridge to get behind the tank with the same results.

Does anyone have a winning strategy that I can use to get past this point? Thanks.

Jason
Administrator

Re: destroying second tank in c2m2 operation heat snakebite

Unread post by Jason » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:50 am

lol, I bloody hate that tank! love the level but hate the tank. It shits me every time!

First of all you need to sniper the soldiers around the tank from the ridge. Then get a speed up in the jeep and just go for it, stick to the right of the road and then jump out once your past the tank. Then aim at the tanks arse and fire away with your rocket launcher.

The other way is just to hide in the machine bunker and quickly stand up, fire at the tanks turret top and get back down again. But this takes a lot of loading and saving. I have not tried this level with no save points, don't thin I would like to either it's just torture with this tank around. The problem is it's reaction times are just too fast.

Hope that helps!
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:59 pm

I agree that the reaction times of the AI in armored vehicles is too fast! It is like they have 3rd person or something! funny01

The Panzerschreck didn't even exist at that point, so you are better off without it. :mrgreen: You say you tried running along the ridge, did you try, say, crawling along the ridge? Preferably with a high stealth character?
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:25 am

Have you successfully crawled along there Vit? I always got to a certain point and BAM!

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:28 pm

I'm pretty sure I have; though I normally just drive right past. Won those HD2 watches on this map. funny01
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

crusti
Sergeant

Unread post by crusti » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:22 pm

My trick on this map, pick the fastest runner, drop all items + backpack, take a 'sticky bomb, lay down,
crawl down the hill slightly left of the 'tracks' that lead alongside the tank
when you get approx 15-20 metres away (assuming youre soldier is 1.8m tall), stand up and run towards the tank but keep side stepping left and right, the tank will take about 1/4 a sec to re-aim.
when you get close enough you can use the 'sticky bomb', just dont stand up and hope you survive the explosion

worked for me
Knowledge is Power
Share the Knowledge

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:00 pm

Wow a lot of work for something so simple.

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:52 pm

I think the fun with this game is in the details, not just doing the same thing to achieve the objective

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:29 am

Practice makes perfect!

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:34 am

That is true, although the old H&D is so much easier to fall back into. Not sure if it is because I have played it a lot more than H&D2 but when I go back and play H&D2 it takes me a bit of time to get "good" again. Maybe it is just easier to move faster in H&D2 than it is in H&D1.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:14 pm

Yeah, that is the one thing I hate about HD; I don't like the turn rate and agility of the character.