op.Snowball.Scout in 7minutes

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
spikespiegel
Private

op.Snowball.Scout in 7minutes

Unread post by spikespiegel » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:48 am

Here is my strategy in this mission.I've recorded in this video below.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTE1MTc2NjE2.html

Jason
Administrator

Re: op.Snowball.Scout in 7minutes

Unread post by Jason » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:43 am

The video loads extremely slow, I would like to see it, any chance you can put it on YouTube?
A new day, a new beginning

Fixing H&D2 Multiplayer tutorial

HD2fan
Corporal

Unread post by HD2fan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:58 am

If I may add to this.

There is a soldier that surrenders easily in this map, but he is a little while in to the underground base. Be sure to select a soldier with a silent weapon, you will need it for a little while. Go down those winding steps, and then you see a double door. Open it.

FIRST METHOD TO CONTINUE: Stalk, (not running, walking, or sprinting) over to the front of the door. He soon wakes up and opens it. Stay in the darker part of the room, in the shadows. As soon as that door opens, and you can shoot, do it. DO NOT shoot whilst he is still in the room, with the door shut. He has the key to the rest of the facility, or you are stuck taking the long way around.

SECOND METHOD TO CONTINUE: Open the doors, and then go up to the first landing of the stairs you just came down. Crouch, and try to hide. When the soldier comes out, and turn on the light, shoot.

Ether way, hopefully, you were able to get the two keys, one to the soldiers station, and one to the rest of the First Level of the Facility. Unlock the doors, and ensure no one sees, you. You see two double doors on your left, one set on your right. Take right. A soldier is behind there patrolling with an MP40, be warned. Anyway, go there, take him out, and then run into the larger room, a soldier with a paintbrush should surrender, only after pulling out his gun, seeing you, and then dropping it systematically. Change uniforms, and put all British equipment on him. He will not be shot by any other Germans.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:14 pm

Wow, nice find. :lol:

Don't forget the suppressed weapons didn't exist at the time they suggest, March of 1941. But then again neither did the MG42s on the 1st and 3rd part of Snowball or the 80 foot ELCO on the 4th part. Using that information, it is sometime after June of 1942. Additionally, I forgot to add, the Mosquito PR wasn't in use until later in 1941, and that version of the para helmet wasn't until the next year, 1942. Still yet the Sten Mk.2S and the DeLisle weren't around that early in the war. :mrgreen:

As for going "stealth" on this mission on a speed run... it is not gonna get you through quickly. I know I have said this before, if you are quick you can neutralize each level of the installation with out an enemy shot fired or an alarm going off, even with an unsuppressed weapon. I prefer the M1 Rifle for this. Seven minutes is a little on the long side. :P :lol:
Last edited by -ViTaMiHnM203- on Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:38 pm

Funny I was thinking about this last night or was it today at work funny01, 7 minutes is a long time, even though I have not dusted off H&D2 for a while it seems possible to get it well under 7 minutes. Will definitely try it some time soon, maybe on the weekend... that's one thing that made Goldeneye on the Nintendo 64 re-playable, trying for faster mission times thup01

jonikka
Private

Unread post by jonikka » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:05 pm

you can go pretty quickly, never timed it, thou, i prefer to use knife on this one, of course after acquiring the uniform, and slicing each and every one out there. the toughest are the two scientists with sub model. i'll have to try to get keys from guard w/knife only, should be funny. :mrgreen: as for the M1 Carbine i think it's the best overall weapon in game, accurate, light, and trigger happy. 15 ammo clip awesome.
we are going deep, and we are going hard...

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:31 am

I don't usually play single player, so taking uniforms is an out for me. The only way I get the keys from that guard is with a dagger and a little noise to get him to come out. :grin:

As for the weapon, I am almost always using the Carbine, but with the environmental conditions at hand in Norway, I don't find it to be as reliable on one hit take downs. no_01
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Jason
Administrator

Unread post by Jason » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:50 am

You don't know knife attacks until you have played Death to Spies, it takes H&D2 and Commandos and makes the best WW2 knife killing game ever :twisted:

... M1 Carbine used to be my favourite but the M1 Garand is just so damned accurate and you don't even need the iron sights view up. See an enemy bopping about in the distance, whip it out and BAM! head shot... :mrgreen:

That's it!... time to play some H&D2, dinner can wait!

update:
:shock: that did not go well - played C1M4, like the end of saving private ryan it all went down hill when the sniper got blown up by the tank... in this case the damn u-boat... then one shot straight through the heads of two of my men :cry: left alone to complete the objectives on my own it ended with "he shot me, I shot him" deal in the sub...
Last edited by Jason on Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jonikka
Private

Unread post by jonikka » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:50 pm

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote: As for the weapon, I am almost always using the Carbine, but with the environmental conditions at hand in Norway, I don't find it to be as reliable on one hit take downs. no_01
yer right, but it beats the hell out of Springfield w/scope and its 100x zoom, and no reload option. :sad:
M1 Garand is pretty cool too

@misplaced weapons in time: CoD1 and CoDUO during the Battle of Stalingrad Gerrys got MP44 :shock:

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:04 pm

Most games are like this. I suppose the only reason we don't have the StG 44 littered throughout the beginning maps is because it was a way of "increasing difficulty" throughout the game. People expect to see these weapons; if they are not there the game gets bad reviews from historically ignorant reviewers. :mrgreen:

During that battle though, the Germans would have had access to similar weapon, the Mkb 42(H). They hit the field by the start of the battle and around the time of conclusion about 10k of the weapons were made. I am not an expert on the Battle of Stalingrad, so I don't know if any at all were used, but I don't doubt it.

jonikka
Private

Unread post by jonikka » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:04 pm

i see you've read your books nods01
so noticing any similarities

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:11 pm

Why did you use an AKM? Shouldn't you post a pic with the MKb and MP/StG? grin01

jonikka
Private

Unread post by jonikka » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:20 pm

we are spamming this topic now  angry01

@ i was just emphasizing the impact that the gun made on history of weapons in 20th century and you?ve pulled an interesting subject (that has nothing to do with Scout under 7, lol) gif file has early version of AK 47 and MKb(H)42 vith elongated gas chamber.

but when you mentioned that, did some research on that, it appears that German lines were so stretched, and not able to get food and ammo, nevertheless new weapons. Written records show that MKb 42 were given field test with an elite unit part of Kampfgruppe Scherer during the offensive on Cholm, results were impressive. Even some Russians claimed that they had captured some fancy guns in Cholm.

and this one i used while serving in Serbian Army 10 years ago

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:06 pm

I don't believe that is an AK47 in the gif, it is an AKM. And that M70 that you were issued is based off of the AKM and not the AK47. :P

jonikka
Private

Unread post by jonikka » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:49 pm

in gif was AK 47 type 2, an the other photo is of M70AB2 made by Zastava Arms from Kragujevac Sebria, my father works for that factory last 35 years lol.
i am weapons' freak grin01