op.Snowball.Scout in 7minutes

Think you're a Hidden & Dangerous 2 pro, discuss your strategies here or ask for help.
-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Re: op.Snowball.Scout in 7minutes

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:55 pm

That weapon in the gif is definitely not the Type 2; it doesn't have the socket of the Type 2. Sure enough the weapon is not an AKM in the gif, it is probably a Type 1, the Type 1s I am used to seeing are ill used and beaten up. As for the M70, yeah I know, but they are still based off the AKM and not the AK47. Meaning they are farthest removed from the Mkb. It would be nice if the AK in the gif was correct and not reversed.
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

jonikka
Private

Unread post by jonikka » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:42 pm

ok, i see your point, but again i'm telling you, i just tried to point out the ingenuity that made MKb2 the predecessor to all assault rifles in the 20th century excluding bull pop rifles.
we are going deep, and we are going hard...

Zunami
Corporal

Unread post by Zunami » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:12 pm

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote:
Don't forget the suppressed weapons didn't exist at the time they suggest,
Not true, the first suppressor that was widely available was invented in 1902 ( source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suppressor ), well before this game takes place. Your right about everything else though, both the de lisle c. c. and the MG42 (dah?) weren't even designed until the next year. I'm pretty sure the only reason the MG42 is so commonly known as the Nazi's preferred MG is because it was their primary one by the time the Americans finally made it into the war.
- ST

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:50 am

Zunami wrote:
-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote:
Not true, the first suppressor that was widely available was invented in 1902 ( source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suppressor ), well before this game takes place. Your right about everything else though, both the de lisle c. c. and the MG42 (dah?) weren't even designed until the next year.
"The suppressed weapons," being the suppressed weapons in HD2. Not all suppressed weapons, ever. :roll:
Eight, 8, the burning eight; between Sunday and Monday exists a day so great, it will devastate. :twisted:

Zunami
Corporal

Unread post by Zunami » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:53 am

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote:
Zunami wrote:
-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote:
Not true, the first suppressor that was widely available was invented in 1902 ( source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suppressor ), well before this game takes place. Your right about everything else though, both the de lisle c. c. and the MG42 (dah?) weren't even designed until the next year.
"The suppressed weapons," being the suppressed weapons in HD2. Not all suppressed weapons, ever. :roll:
I figured you might have meant that :)
I was at a WW2 convention a while back in my hometown (bought a gasmask! fuck yeah!) and saw a guy fire a De lisle.
The thing was, they weren't using subsonic ammunition back then, and despite being silenced, the De lisle actually made enough noise to be heard over a very large crowd of people, and a marked/convention in the background, in the middle of a busy city. It wasn't very impressive, but of course, compared to the colt 1911 he also fired, there was a difference. Not a big one, mind you, but a small difference.

I've also seen a colt 1911 (modern version) being fired with a silencer on, using subsonic ammunition, and that was actually so silent, the action of the gun and the bullet casing hitting the floor, and the bullet striking the target made more noise than the explosion in the chamber itself. Very impressive! So I'm sure the De Lisle COULD be silent with the right ammo.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:26 pm

The .45 ACP round is subsonic, it is just very loud. The point was for the sound to be illegible, not nonexistent. That is why calling a suppressor a silencer is featherheaded, as it is either silent or it is not.

Zunami
Corporal

Unread post by Zunami » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:38 pm

-ViTaMiHnM203- wrote:The .45 ACP round is subsonic, it is just very loud. The point was for the sound to be illegible, not nonexistent. That is why calling a suppressor a silencer is featherheaded, as it is either silent or it is not.
Wrong, the .45 ACP most certainly comes in both supersonic and subsonic variants.
Something can't really be "subsonic but still very loud". Surely you can have some very silent subsonic ammo, but it also greatly reduces the speed that the bullet travels with. The point where ammo is subsonic means it cannot go beyond a certain loudness, otherwise it would be supersonic (not that the expression refers to the sound at all, but one affects the other).

I'm not sure if the .45 ACP rounds used during WW2 were supersonic or subsonic, but I'm fairly sure they were supersonic, as my sources tell me that subsonic ammo was developed later.

Also, calling it a silencer, a suppressor or various other names, it really doesn't matter IMO.

-ViTaMiHnM203-
SAS Soldier

Unread post by -ViTaMiHnM203- » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:58 am

Zunami wrote:Wrong
No.
Zunami wrote:Something can't really be "subsonic but still very loud".
Wrong.
Zunami wrote:Surely you can have some very silent subsonic ammo
No, something is either silent or it is not, there is no very silent.
Zunami wrote:The point where ammo is subsonic means it cannot go beyond a certain loudness, otherwise it would be supersonic
Must be a language barrier... I can't be sure what you mean to say. If you are speaking literally, you are incorrect.
Zunami wrote:I'm not sure if the .45 ACP rounds used during WW2 were supersonic or subsonic, but I'm fairly sure they were supersonic, as my sources tell me that subsonic ammo was developed later.
Subsonic... the .45 ACP round is inherently subsonic. A supersonic .45 ACP has a different load.
Zunami wrote:Also, calling it a silencer, a suppressor or various other names, it really doesn't matter IMO.
That is probably because you are not a native English speaker. These words have specific meanings and the item in question has a specific function.

Zunami
Corporal

Unread post by Zunami » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:37 am

Let's agree to disagree :) You may be right about the language barrier, but to be honest, we have plenty of native English speaking instructors at my work place from time to time who aren't afraid to call them silencers (but the general term suppressor is more commonly used, but that's mostly because it's listed as M/something Suppress in our storage), and who gave us a very thorough explanation of subsonic vs. supersonic, so excuse me for taking their word over yours, but like I said, let's agree to disagree.